• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
tales of the boredlands is pretty entertaining so far

i really like the setup and characters and story has been a blast so far

actual playing of the game tho, ehh, leaves a bunch to be desired

qtes are like, pls no, and my dumb brain can't read as fast as the timer wants me to

wish there was an option to slow that down

Tizoc

Come on NISA
DfesbeD.png

DR on Steam when....

Deques

In Mushihimesama, is unlocking achievements bugged? Because beating the bosses achievements seems not to unlock for me

The last two NVidia updates (AC Syndicate one and now Just Cause 3) all crash especially for laptops. Dunno why NVidia is not resolving it.

Nabs

I hate this shit so much. Just give me the option to use 360 prompts, please. Pretty please.

Don't think I forgot about Option and Share. This generation sucks. All hail the Steam Controller.

Speaking of which, it's the best controller available right now. Don't listen to IGN and other garbage sites. I'm just about done with Return to Castle Wolfenstein, about to get started on the second mission of Hitman 2, and the F.E.A.R is all set up and ready to go. This controller is so legit.

AHA-Lambda

Thanks WB, so cos I'm a Batman fan who already owns all the games prior I get nothing?

Truly your generosity is boundless >_>

Tizoc

Refresh my memory but what were some notable announcements and releases for this year on Steam in terms of
Popular Japanese franchises
Releases from notable publishers/developers
Noteworthy indie games
Hidden gems/overlooked titles

Knurek

Speaking of which, it's the best controller available right now. Don't listen to IGN and other garbage sites. I'm just about done with Return to Castle Wolfenstein, about to get started on the second mission of Hitman 2, and the F.E.A.R is all set up and ready to go. This controller is so legit.

How's the "D-pad"?
Tried any 2D games?

Uzzy

Refresh my memory but what were some notable announcements and releases for this year on Steam in terms of
Releases from notable publishers/developers
Noteworthy indie games
Hidden gems/overlooked titles

Check this year's OP's perhaps? That should give you some ideas.

- Dragon's Dogma
- Final Fantasy Type-0
- Lightning Returns
- Tales of Zestiria
- Dragon Quest Heroes
- Trails in the Sky SC
- Grandia 2
- Disgaea
- One Piece Pirate Warriors
- Toukiden Kiwami
- Saint Seiya
- Megaman Legacy Collection

Pretty sure I'm still missing some games.

Anyone pick up Technobabylon during the sale? I'd read some mixed reviews, but I'm actually really enjoying it. Setting is neat, story is good enough, and the puzzles are decent.

Also grabbed The Fall, Dungeons of the Endless, some CK2 DLC and Elite.

Arthea

Lyne is relaxing and cool.

I know!
zennnnnnnnn

edited: everybody needs LYNE in their life

Anyone pick up Technobabylon during the sale? I'd read some mixed reviews, but I'm actually really enjoying it. Setting is neat, story is good enough, and the puzzles are decent.

It's one of games I probably will pick during winter sales if price any good, another would be Subject 13. Both seems like something I'd enjoy.

edited: groupees site is down, again

there is a good Daedalic bundle on sale on steam, not sure was it on sale during Autumn sale, I just noticed
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/44162/

Tizoc

It's among my GotY contenders though I can't say if it'll make it to my steam or overall GAF goty list :3

You know that there's something wrong with the game when the number of posts & views in the OT are just barely above the one in PC performance thread.

Gg45QAM.jpg

Arthea

I bought that game on Summer seal because of you and haven't played it yet, in fact I forgot about it.

That's not a game you start and play until finished, I know Knurek did it this way, but that's kinda waste of what it is. You play it when you wanna relax or chill, are stressed or tired and can't sleep, inbetween the other games, that kind of thing.
As I said before, strictly speaking it's not a puzzle game, it's a zen game, it only becomes puzzle game near the very end on last few levels that are complex and require much more thinking and planning ahead. Also try daily levels too, when you'll get around to playing it finally.

edited: yeah, Danganronpa on steam, when?

Arthea

Actually before or together with Danganronpa would be nice to get 999, as it has iOS version, no problem with porting also.

Knurek

Actually before or together with Danganronpa would be nice to get 999, as it has iOS version, no problem with porting also.

Let's not talk about the abomination that is the iOS version of 999.
What sense is there a room escape puzzle game without room escape puzzles?!

dex3108

Rainbow Six Siege is reviewing well on Steam. And there are nice impressions in OT. Same goes for AC Syndicate. I guess Ubisoft did something right :D

Ban Puncher

Day...what the fuck even is this? Eleven? Day eleven of no internet.

Called the telephone company today and three 'mysterious' disconnected calls later the person on the line says "Oh, actually there is a technician working on your line outside the home."

OH REALLY WELL I AM STANDING OUT ON THE STREET AND PEOPLE ARE STARING AT ME BECAUSE I AM FUCKING YELLING BUT NOT ONE OF THEM IS A PHONE REPAIR GUY YOU LYING BASTARDS

tumblr_nu9sdlewY61u29c7ho7_r1_500.gif

duppolo

whats insurance for in star citizen?
there is some way to buy rainbow six siege unlockable on steam (not uplay key) at 30 euro or something like that?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I'm looking to repurpose an old HTPC as a game-streaming unit (streaming games from my desktop Gaming-PC to my HTPC), the obvious choice was to install SteamOS, but now I see it requires 250GB of diskspace? Can someone eloborate as to why it needs so much? From what I remember from Linux-distros, OSs were quite small. As I only have 120GB available in this unit, and not interested in upgrading any parts, just to achieve streaming, I'm considering to install Windows and make it start to Steam Big Picture mode through a registry key.

GKB

whats insurance for in star citizen?

It's like your usual car insurance, basically it covers your ship in case it gets damaged or destroyed. It will cost in-game currency, but there's no need to worry about it, won't be expensive at all.

EDIT

Like in real-life insurance should be a relatively small part of your regular in game expenses which will also include paying landing fees, trade tariffs (if in a system with lots of infrastructure and law and order), fuel (if you don’t collect it yourself from a gas giant), buying cargo to trade, hiring help, making upgrades to your ship or even buying a whole new ship.

You can read more about insurance here https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/12820-Insurance-FAQ-And-Update

Ludens

Banned
Woah, Foxtales is a very crappy DLC for 4€, a crappy DLC even for 1 or 2 € actually.
AI is even worse than Never Alone, controls are clunky as usual and the boat control sucks too (why you can't just push B+ left or right to control the boeat?), plus is like 20 minutes long in which, guess what, it also delivers a repetive gameplay (two levels are basically the same, solving simple puzzles while controlling your boat, last level is a "boss fight" you can solve in two minutes). Actually I don't know if the lenght is a plus or a minus, for sure I wouldn't complete two hours of this stuff, but for the price asked, I think 30 additional minutes of gameplay is a pretty poor addition, compared to the fact the full game is 15€ for around 3 hours of gameplay. Eh, if you consider this, the price is in line :S

I still prefer Last Inua over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom