• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I hope they don't pull those "increased price" crap in xmas sale

All I will say is the prices for the Autumn and Winter Sales were submitted separately, so it's up to a dev by dev basis how much they decided to discount, or even if they wanted to discount, for both sales.

Sch1sm

even preorder dlcs that can't be bought apart from GOTY edition (which is physical).
I bet JaseC is happy.

Also no gift copies because WB sucks.

I wonder if enough people whine about having already owned those things, they'll give away something else instead. Maybe another WB title.

The damage control is poor.

All I will say is the prices for the Autumn and Winter Sales were submitted separately, so it's up to a dev by dev basis how much they decided to discount, or even if they wanted to discount, for both sales.

I think he meant that some devs increase their price shortly before the sale.

(Which is actually against German law (and I am sure european law too))

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

what this guy said

some devs and publishers increased their prices during the sales to offset the discount

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

what this guy said

some devs and publishers increased their prices during the sales to offset the discount

Ahh, yes. That douche move. Well, SteamGAF at least will come together to call people out on that. We're pretty on top of spotting it if it comes to our attention.

(and now I'm speaking like we're a hive mind.)

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

def sim

Sure, sure.

or he inadvertently stole the thunder from a TGA world premiere and wanted to backtrack
GV27RX9.png

even preorder dlcs that can't be bought apart from GOTY edition (which is physical).
I bet JaseC is happy.

Also no gift copies because WB sucks.

I already had all the previous games, but I probably would have picked up a cheap copy of Arkham Knight if I knew they were giving away the DLC you couldn't buy.

Mikurden

But in more shocking news, I have 3 separate copies of Dragon Age Origins in my Origin library.

I have 2 completely identical copies of Peggle for some inexplicable reason.

I think it must be because Origin doesn't check/care what you already have when you redeem a code, so you probably just punched in multiple codes you got over the years thinking it wouldn't allow dupes (or not thinking about it at all since you'd expect it to work that way, like Steam).

zkylon

zkylewd
thats really good news

Man, I just realized that Blighttown and The Great Hollow are both visible aaaaall the way from Firelink Shrine :eek:

Firelink Shrine > Majula all day erry day

Such a gorgeous place. One of my most beloved places in all of gaming.

Also got around saving Reah! Her voice actress did a magnificent job.

yea firelink is great and the details of how the world's constructed are a really big part of what makes dks1 so magical

Sarcasm

So question, why would one be farming in the library in Duke's Archives?

Cause that is where I found my character. Its been months.

Also this game controls are janky! My controller seems fine in other games but a lot of time in DKSI I push the stick as far forward as I can and character still slow walks.

A few quick movements with the stick and hes back up to normal light jog speed.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of uncredited male, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (uncredited male, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

bit Dungeon II -- MB-CF1C4277175D247D - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 5 entrants total.
Wizardry 8 -- MB-4878D6001FCB639C - Taken by Accoun. 5 entrants total.
Etherlords I & II -- MB-259B36C00F9CCAB2 - Taken by Naaq. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Blades of Time Limited Edition -- MB-666261A5863BC61E - Taken by OmarYusaf. 9 entrants total.
FATE: Undiscovered Realms -- MB-62B52A5EA87EDBDE - Taken by Kuroyume. 3 entrants total.
Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny Revised Edition -- MB-AEA6566B205B36F7 - Taken by WinterDemons. 4 entrants total.
Rune Classic -- MB-698F9F965A9922F3 - Taken by user237. 3 entrants total.

t1449036805z1.png

Grief.exe

So question, why would one be farming in the library in Duke's Archives?

Cause that is where I found my character. Its been months.

Also this game controls are janky! My controller seems fine in other games but a lot of time in DKSI I push the stick as far forward as I can and character still slow walks.

A few quick movements with the stick and hes back up to normal light jog speed.

The rare staff

Tizoc

If you like Megaman-style games def. grab Legend of Dark Witch, which is discounted for $4 Heck even if you don't and want a good looking 2D game just get it
http://store.steampowered.com/app/420770/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1
Some people say it's hard, but that's only the bosses on account of them requiring you to memorize patterns and when to attack them. Generally stages are easy long as you're not rushing.
Also you get to fight this thing

Jojo best show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWKB1Zxg84s

Teggy

So either DS2:Deathinitive had a major difficulty adjustment or I completely missed a lot of the side content and was under leveled the first time I played the game (which is very possible). The boss I got stuck on before could barely get any health off of me this time.

GKB

Star Citizen is about $500,000 away from $100 million, making mad money yo. Still need to get around to finishing downloading the huge ass new build.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/miamijaaz/DWbUZQg.gif

PS There's a holiday sale going on to were you can get the game for $30. It's been going in and out of stock so keep an eye out for it if interested.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Star-Citizen-Starter

This one is even more impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKn25_e-vZM

I really like how the ship goes to red alert mode before it explodes. The lighting, sound, and visual effect are just beautiful.

whats a good antivirus/malware that protects you realtime thats free? i remember a few months ago people here talking about one but i don't remember its name. atm i use malwarebytes, adwcleaner and jrt to scan my computer once a week.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
whats a good antivirus/malware that protects you realtime thats free? i remember a few months ago people here talking about one but i don't remember its name. atm i use malwarebytes, adwcleaner and jrt to scan my computer once a week.

Stop using your computer. Problem solved.

Avast maybe heard it's good except for audio notifications.

Mikurden

Don't know if it's the one you're thinking of, but Avira's is good.

What other games on Steam are trying to be Mario Galaxy? For reals though, you make it sound like there's dozens of games on Steam that are like that.

Sonic Lost World

[insert smug anime gif here]

Not really. I mean there are some games trying to get in the artstyle in away. Or the planet toid thing.

Soulflarz

Banned
I just started watching this show and it's pretty good.

So good it can only be made better as a Platinum Games game.

OPM game would be weird

Its a game about winning in one punch then
How would that work. This isn't like "hes strong and meets stronger!"
He ALWAYS wins in one punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom