• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

duppolo

Dr Dogg

I'll take shadow Complex in UE4 with less grey and brown and maybe take advantage of that awesome materials system too. I seem to recall Chair mentioning on the Bloodstained stream that bringing this to PC might be to test the waters for a follow up?

A Borderlands 2 Picture Journey
Gateway to another land
99522FE40F7CE92F07E74E3C00CE0548FCEE5EA4

The Object
10D0EB48FC622FFAE523F801B544537BDE901458

Undefined
A31F557AB4D3A283ECD07AB75BD1E642A1B8C4CC

The Dark Below
13A491591A8F9076FE8250A2E49B19922F2E834A
And then I had to quit because I was trapped in the abyss, falling for eternity.

GKB

thank you. this games seems really huge. if you have to tell me in what it differs from elite, what will you do?

That's a big question, haha, they are incredibly different.

- For starter, Star Citizen universe has two parts to it. There's the single-player campaign called Squadron 42 and then there's the MMO part (Star Citizen)
- They both have their own physics system
- They have different approach on world-building. (Elite has procedurally generated planets, meanwhile Star Citizen is hand-crafted, it has fewer planets but more emphasis on detail)

There are so many differences, i don't think i can list all of them. In a way, Star Citizen and Elite is like Arma and Battlefield, they're both FPS, but each has different feels and gameplay. It really is a matter of preference.

If you want more detailed answer, read these.

If you have more questions about the game, feel free to ask it on the Star Citizen thread.

Tizoc

Is DQH gonna be another shit port or what? And is this really coming out on the 3rd????

It's max res. is 1080p/60 FPS
Resolution unlocking could be made for the game via Durante or someone else so that's not something major to worry about. Alt. embrace playing in Borderless windowed :p

If anything it's graphics quality will be as good as the PS4 since the game requires DX11.

Nzyme32

I want to see a stream of you beating Mushihimesama on it with a very generous ten credits.

I can do up to stage 4 without losing a single credit. Stage 4 just slays me though. I need more practice against those snake things. This is on novice as well, so no idea how I'd do on maniac or whatever the highest difficulty is called.

As for something like Ikaruga, as a reference point I used to play with the 360 analogue stick and could get an S rank on the first level while fumbling through the second and dieing on the the third. I can do the same thing with the Steam Controller but only an A rank on the first level. Big reason for this is that I am using the dpad and not the stick, which allowed for varied speed of movement. I haven't learnt to do the zigzag pattern with the dpad to go between the stream of ships towards the end. Pretty sure it won't be an issue with some more practice, but it is definitely frustrating to have such issues with a new control scheme - especially one that feels completely alien for the first week.

duppolo

That's a big question, haha, they are incredibly different.

- For starter, Star Citizen universe has two parts to it. There's the single-player campaign called Squadron 42 and then there's the MMO part (Star Citizen)
- They both have their own physics system
- They have different approach on world-building. (Elite has procedurally generated planets, meanwhile Star Citizen is hand-crafted, it has fewer planets but more emphasis on detail)

There are so many differences, i don't think i can list all of them. In a way, Star Citizen and Elite is like Arma and Battlefield, they're both FPS, but each has different feels and gameplay. It really is a matter of preference.

If you want more detailed answer, read these.

If you have more questions about the game, feel free to ask it on the Star Citizen thread.

THanks so much!

titch

Will we ever get a good Adventure Time game?

Marceline is the best character in adventure time.

I'm willing to fight anyone who says otherwise.

Just incase anyone wanted to quibble about this!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSYdUXFtl9k

Sweet!!! Will buy
Bundle or Summer Sale

And with time to spare too!!!!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Miff, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Antichamber -- MB-82605E0D8B568FA2 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 19 entrants total.

t1449060746z1.png

Anyone pick up Technobabylon during the sale? I'd read some mixed reviews, but I'm actually really enjoying it. Setting is neat, story is good enough, and the puzzles are decent.
Turfster played it long before the sale and posted that he likes it quite a lot. Not sure how much that says though as he usually likes everything.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
DONTNOD's New World War I Vampire Game Explores a "Dark and Brutal" World

"Less glitter, more grit."

Although Life Is Strange and Remember Me developer Dontnod is not yet ready to share more gameplay footage from its upcoming vampire-themed game, Vampyr, the studio has now shared more details about the RPG's art and backstory. GameSpot spoke with narrative director Stéphane Beauverger, art director Grégory Szucs, and game director Philippe Moreau to learn as much as we could about the exciting-looking Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC game that's due to launch in 2017.

Announced earlier this year, Vampyr is set in a 1918 Britain, which is in the grips of a lethal Spanish flu. You play as Jonathan E. Reid, a military surgeon who returns from war and becomes a vampire. But that's just the start.

Our interview covers Vampyr's time period and setting, its art style and inspirations, and how the game aims to highlight the "struggling duality" of being a vampire. The developer wants players to feel the weight of how killing innocent people to survive is the price of being immortal.

Dontnod also talks about what it learned from making an episodic game in Life Is Strange and confirms that Vampyr will not be released that way. Instead, it will follow the traditional model and will be published by Focus Home Interactive; Square Enix handled Life Is Strange.

Also in our interview, Dontnod says the vampire genre, which has spawned a ton of movies and TV shows, is actually "underexplored" in games and has "plenty of untapped potential."

That sounds awesome!

Sweet. I put the game on my wish list. (which who am I kidding, I'm never going to get around buying much less playing)

Star Citizen is about $500,000 away from $100 million, making mad money yo. Still need to get around to finishing downloading the huge ass new build.

They are making more money from hyping the game and pre-ordering it than they could from selling a finish product.

Dr Dogg

Lightning Returns released at weekend

Squeenix have franchise sale on that weekend and skipping winter sale?

Could make sense seeing as Thursday would be a week before release and with this weeks 2 big releases in Just Cause 3 and R6 Siege out yesterday would have placement on the front of the store all to itself. But this is Squenix mind and nothing these guys do anymore makes sense so I'm just expecting them to dump LR on to the store as purchasable on the 10th and they forgot Steam sales were a thing.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
In Mushihimesama, is unlocking achievements bugged? Because beating the bosses achievements seems not to unlock for me

No, they all unlocked for me. Make sure you actually destroy them and that you don't just time out of the level

Who plays shmups on a gamepad?
Arrow keys + zxc is where it's at.

Arcade Stick or gtfo :p

Tizoc

Yeah I noticed I got Oranges+Season Pass too.
I think I'll play through Arkham Asylum in the near future than make my way eventually to Oranges and Blackgate

Also
uQPRF7.png

To bite or not to bite....https://coinplay.io/bundle/holiday-2015

I always get screwed on bundles but maybe this will be the one I don't!

I bought it. Lets see what is has in Store.
Here is the first game:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Quest for Infamy -- MB-FC38E987A8CB1952 - Taken by gurm3n

Dr Dogg

Well Xenoblade Chronicles X just landed on my desk. *welp* See you next year SteamGAF.

Who the fuck am I kidding, I'll be back in here moaning about something Steam related in an hour.

fertygo

A bunch of their games went for 50% off on Amazon and at a few websites during the Autumn Sale though.
they don't made a sale at steamstore tho, like they really careful to have only one sale (or not all) because the length of steamstore sale
Could make sense seeing as Thursday would be a week before release and with this weeks 2 big releases in Just Cause 3 and R6 Siege out yesterday would have placement on the front of the store all to itself. But this is Squenix mind and nothing these guys do anymore makes sense so I'm just expecting them to dump LR on to the store as purchasable on the 10th and they forgot Steam sales were a thing.

FF VI also still off table for some reason

Yeah I noticed I got Oranges+Season Pass too.
I think I'll play through Arkham Asylum in the near future than make my way eventually to Oranges and Blackgate

As a massive fan of the Arkham series (yes, even Knight) I'd recommend giving Blackgate a miss. I went in knowing it's generally regarded as a subpar experience and I was still disappointed. Origins is fantastic though so definitely get in on that at the earliest opportunity.

Tizoc

As a massive fan of the Arkham series (yes, even Knight) I'd recommend giving Blackgate a miss. I went in knowing it's generally regarded as a subpar experience and I was still disappointed. Origins is fantastic though so definitely get in on that at the earliest opportunity.

Dang really? Well Oranges had divisive impressions but I have heard positive things about it so I'm def. looking to check it out.

Arthea

It was only the Autumn sale, who would remember it anyway?
If SE won't do any discounts at Winter sale, then we can panic

but they probably will do with Lightning releasing, unless they think that anything distracting us from her returning needs to be stopped, like franchise sales for example

edited:
why am I even concerned? I have every SE game already
it just remembered

Dr Dogg

FF VI also still off table for some reason

Squenix have usually been good in the past letting their FF titles breath so I'd imagine we might see FFVI in January. Granted a lot of peeps would rather have that, reworked artwork an all, first than Lightning Returns.

It was only the Autumn sale, who would remember it anyway?
If SE won't do any discounts at Winter sale, then we can panic

but they probably will do with Lightning releasing, unless they think that anything distracting us from her returning needs to be stopped, like franchise sales for example

edited:
why am I even concerned? I have every SE game already
it just remembered

Maybe they're have a Lightning sale, heh! I imagine they're do the same old 'mystery box' thing on their own store again this year. It's good value if you don't own any Squenix titles but seeing how often they go on sale it's bloody hard not to.

Well Xenoblade Chronicles X just landed on my desk. *welp* See you next year SteamGAF.

Who the fuck am I kidding, I'll be back in here moaning about something Steam related in an hour.

Nice. I recently picked up a Wii U. Splatoon is one of the most refreshing games I've played in a long time.

I'm looking forward to your input on Xenoblade. Feel free to PM me if you feel like you're shitting up the sanctity of this place by talking about the clearly superior console (I say, having owned it for not yet a week.)

As for Steam stuff, I locked into an Axiom Verge groove last night, staying up way later than I felt like staying up for that just one more room feeling.

The game is just so honest. This is going into my GOTY for sure. I just have to sort out the rest.

Dang really? Well Oranges had divisive impressions but I have heard positive things about it so I'm def. looking to check it out.

I think the initial backlash was against the technical problems which did sound pretty bad. There are still some funny issues like downed enemies getting up and following you around, and challenges unlocking when they shouldn't, but I had a problem free experience otherwise. The next big issue I think people had was how derivitive it was which is a fair point but I liked everything about City so getting more of the same wasn't a bad thing in my book. I do admit the way you unlock equipment is done in an odd way. The story is easily my favourite in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom