• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

I really enjoyed Arkham Origins. Also didn't really have many issues with when I played it recently. Definitely worth playing especially if you haven't and aren't marathoning the gamesZ

Arthea

Squenix have usually been good in the past letting their FF titles breath so I'd imagine we might see FFVI in January. Granted a lot of peeps would rather have that, reworked artwork an all, first than Lightning Returns.

Maybe they're have a Lightning sale, heh! I imagine they're do the same old 'mystery box' thing on their own store again this year. It's good value if you don't own any Squenix titles but seeing how often they go on sale it's bloody hard not to.

their mystery box is still great even if you have all games, for gifts. Then again seeing as there are never FF games in those and most people have all other SE published games, that will end some day too.
BTW, SE really didn't publish much this year, did they? FF aside it's only JC3 and Life is Strange.They had something like 10 games in 2014 (I'm too lazy to count, but something like that), on steam I mean.

Corpekata

Banned
their mystery box is still great even if you have all games, for gifts. Then again seeing as there are never FF games in those and most people have all other SE published games, that will end some day too.
BTW, SE really didn't publish much this year, did they? FF aside it's only JC3 and Life is Strange.They had something like 10 games in 2014 (I'm too lazy to count, but something like that), on steam I mean.

Dragon Quest Heroes comes out tomorrow.

Dr Dogg

Nice. I recently picked up a Wii U. Splatoon is one of the most refreshing games I've played in a long time.

I'm looking forward to your input on Xenoblade. Feel free to PM me if you feel like you're shitting up the sanctity of this place by talking about the clearly superior console (I say, having owned it for not yet a week.)

Welcome to the club! You're not a real SteamGAFfer unless you own a WiiU. It's still the best companion console to a PC due to how different its line up is and since I picked mine up in late 2013 there's been about 3 games a year on it that have been some of my favs for that year. Wind Waker HD, Wonderful 101 and SM3D World in '13, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8 and Captain Toad last year and Splatoon and Super Mario Maker are already doing it in spades for this year.

Yeah that's true but then again most people own their stuff that would be interested I've found. Wonder what will be in it this year? FFXIII-2? FF IV The After Years? FFV? LiS Episode 1 and a discount voucher for the rest? Rise of the Tomb Raider as a sorry for being a bunch of fools? I wish!

Where did you order it from?

Ye Olde Shope Two. £35 in the end and 2 days early so can't grumble.

Uzzy

Sounds pretty interesting. I'm impressed at DONTNOD's variety in game design, it'd have been easy to go for another adventure game, but it's a sign of confidence that they'll try something different.

Yeah that's true but then again most people own their stuff that would be interested I've found. Wonder what will be in it this year? FFXIII-2? FF IV The After Years? FFV? LiS Episode 1 and a discount voucher for the rest? Rise of the Tomb Raider as a sorry for being a bunch of fools? I wish!

I saw a Tomb Raider novel in WHSmiths the other day. I was tempted to buy it and put it on my PC just for a joke.

My wiiu is the weakest of my PC companion consoles.

WiiU is nothing but a £200+ peripheral for Bayonetta 2.

Ye Olde Shope Two. £35 in the end and 2 days early so can't grumble.
Damn. I would have gone with the Second Shop but The Game Collection got Super Mario Maker to me two days early do I ordered there instead, especially as it was £31.50. Hopefully mine will arrive tomorrow. Enjoy the game!

fenners

To bite or not to bite....https://coinplay.io/bundle/holiday-2015

I always get screwed on bundles but maybe this will be the one I don't!

They're posting some loose 'hints' about games on reddit, if that helps.

So it looks like people want hints. I totally understand. Let's start with this:
DAY BUNDLED CARDS WIN MAC LINUX RETAIL PRICE RATING
Day 1 4x X X X $19.99 Very Positive
Day 2 1x X X X $5.99 Very Positive
Day 3 1x X X X $14.99 Mixed
And so on. Worst offender on number of times bundled is 5, but there's only one of that. The average number of times bundled for all games is 2.16666666666...
I can say—with full confidence—this is the best bundle we've thrown together.

Dr Dogg

I saw a Tomb Raider novel in WHSmiths the other day. I was tempted to buy it and put it on my PC just for a joke..

Can't be worse than the Saturday Morning Cartoon Show story, cast and plot of RotTR. I could say something that I'm really thinking but seeing as Terry Pratchett only just died it's probably in bad taste.

My wiiu is the weakest of my PC companion consoles.

Turn in your badge and your gun You've suspended from SteamGAF!

Damn. I would have gone with the Second Shop but The Game Collection got Super Mario Maker to me two days early do I ordered there instead, especially as it was £31.50. Hopefully mine will arrive tomorrow. Enjoy the game!

TGC are really good, really nice to deal with when I've had a few issues and being not too far from me even if they send stuff 2nd Class it turns up the next day. Always competitive on pricing too.

Vex_

Banned
It's max res. is 1080p/60 FPS
Resolution unlocking could be made for the game via Durante or someone else so that's not something major to worry about. Alt. embrace playing in Borderless windowed :p

If anything it's graphics quality will be as good as the PS4 since the game requires DX11.
Cool thx tizoc!

Arthea

Dragon Quest Heroes comes out tomorrow.

I went from excited - KT port - will wait for reviews - no cheevos and cards - not interested, to the point that I really forgot about it
lol

that's not entirely true about not interested, but I'll wait for deep discount for sure

Does this mean the winter seal is in 3 weeks?

you think they'll cancel it entirely after success that the Autumn sale was?

Tizoc

Get hype for dat Winter Seal!
hKw1K.jpg

Can't be worse than the Saturday Morning Cartoon Show story, cast and plot of RotTR. I could say something that I'm really thinking but seeing as Terry Pratchett only just died it's probably in bad taste.

Turn in your badge and your gun You've suspended from SteamGAF!

TGC are really good, really nice to deal with when I've had a few issues and being not too far from me even if they send stuff 2nd Class it turns up the next day. Always competitive on pricing too.
Yep, TGC is great. I thought that everyone would be sending out copies today because I checked TGC and Simply Games a few times yesterday but both had Xenoblade as a pre-order, not in stock. I stopped checking Shoppe Too as the price had gone up for £40 and I thought that they'd all be sending copies out on the same day anyway. Ah well, I'm busy this evening so I probably wouldn't get much time to play it, if at all. I really want to take tomorrow and Friday off work :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Europa Universalis IV Evangelical Majors Unit Pack -- MB-3000985BAF951778 - Taken by Spirited. 2 entrants total.

t1449076651z1.png

Nzyme32

Decided to get the $3 GOG Mystery game - got KING'S BOUNTY: CROSSWORLDS GOTY

No idea what it is, but the reviews are high... will give it a spin some time

Knurek

Decided to get the $3 GOG Mystery game - got KING'S BOUNTY: CROSSWORLDS GOTY

No idea what it is, but the reviews are high... will give it a spin some time

Russian Heroes of Might & Magic clone.
Made by the same studio that developed Heroes of Might & Magic V. Different developer actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom