• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

JaseC's reaction tomorrow

giphy.gif

The Giflord is upon us.

I want that in the Steam sale OT.
Just finished Contradiction, that was great ^_^

Steamgaf did real good this time on the recommendation!

SteamGAF recommendation list for AHA-Lambda (updated!):
  • Contradiction
  • Life is Strange
  • Tales From the Borderlands
  • Transistor
  • DRAGON: THE GAME

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of xGreg, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (xGreg, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gorky 17 -- MB-A32353DA611357AB - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
Hitman: Absolution -- MB-02B6EB751237C597 - Taken by Bayonetta. 5 entrants total.
Alien Breed: Impact -- MB-0303A8051357828E - Taken by ThirtyFour. 1 entrants total.
Cortex Command -- MB-ECDE20031E754043 - Taken by ExoSoul. 6 entrants total.
Avadon: The Black Fortress -- MB-1FC8DF43C81675DB - Taken by TetraxShards. 3 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Gorky 17 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Avadon: The Black Fortress was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1450648614z1.png

MadGear

Guess I'm done with the SFV beta for now. Sudden influx of players with 0 points and shit connections. Actually made me rage quit, teleporting gief is just too much.

I wonder if these people are actually trying to avoid getting matched by downloading something in the background.

Knurek

Whoever wins Hitman: Absolution is in for such a treat.
One of the best games of 2012, best game in the franchise and almost as good as Hitman: Agent 47 movie.

zkylon

zkylewd
Indifferent at the beginning. That first half-hour was rough, OK?

I really fell into it after I decided to go back, though, and ended up getting every ending.

Still thinking about launching Hate Plus to this very day, months later...
do it

it's great

also play digital and dtipbijays

Uzzy

One of the best games of 2012, best game in the franchise and almost as good as Hitman: Agent 47 movie.

It actually does have some good parts. Just most of it gets buried under an onslaught of linear missions where you slowly walk through hallways to avoid cops. Yay.

The levels that put you in a large area and just tell you 'assassinate these people' are great though.

yuraya

ATmxDt5.gif

___

Silent Assassin > Blood Money > Contracts > Absolution > Codename 47

Contracts has the best soundtrack tho

And both movies are shit

rtcn63

The older Hitman games could use remasters. I played BM on the PS2, but I'd love to have them on PC with proper gamepad support and the like.

Arthea

Absolution taught me that I don't particularly like stealth games anymore, so it's good at least for educational purposes.

edited: I forgot, what Turf thinks about Absolution?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Absolution was fine if played on Normal or lower. The disguise system worked as intended on those difficulties. I beat it on Hard first and it was completely broken there.

Copons

To whom it may concern:
I played a couple of episodes on MPC-HC (CCCP, as suggested by Knurek if my memory isn't failing me, with no additional settings except for subs - I guess - now rendered via MPC and not via VSFilter that was super blurry and crappy), and it actually seems a bit better than VLC.
Crispier - for what is possible on a low def super compressed video - and apparently more saturated. Don't know if it's a good thing, but I always felt the same series on VLC had super washed out blacks and colors had like a coat of bright beige everywhere.

Also got a new remote app that isn't all flash and Material Design like the one I used for VLC, but works fairly better and has less IAP annoyances.

I guess in a week or so I'll be ready to update the video files association. :3

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
from a selfish POV, I kinda hope Valve does catch on to that. The sooner they figure out that I won't buy anything anywhere near full price but I'll buy anything no matter how bad if it's cheap, the sooner we both get what we want.

from a selfish POV, I kinda hope Valve does catch on to that. The sooner they figure out that I won't buy anything anywhere near full price but I'll buy anything no matter how bad if it's cheap, the sooner we both get what we want.
Steam pioneered the strategy, not via microtransactions, but their store itself. Their sales are legendary, after all, leading to bundle culture and the democratisation of game sales events. It was win-win for both parties; with more money being spread to more places, leading to the Steam we know and kinda tolerate today.

giphy.gif

But at the end of the light there is always a darkness.

tmarg

Whale hunting doesn't usually make games better or cheaper for everyone else. It just results in more shitty games being made.

dex3108

I really like Witcher 3 but combat is really basic. I love to tackle monsters 10 levels higher than me but instead of feeling satisfaction when i beat them i feel relief. Bombs you can use against them are useless because they cause small damage and you have very little of them (and you can't craft more outside meditation). Oils are same thing. Add to that limited number of moves you get really tedious 20-30 minute fight where you are doing same thing over and over, and over again. I don't know how long i will go after high level monsters. I have feeling that i will have better experience if i tackle quests/contracts when i reach or pass recommended level.

zkylon

zkylewd
I really like Witcher 3 but combat is really basic. I love to tackle monsters 10 levels higher than me but instead of feeling satisfaction when i beat them i feel relief. Bombs you can use against them are useless because they cause small damage and you have very little of them (and you can't craft more outside meditation). Oils are same thing. Add to that limited number of moves you get really tedious 20-30 minute fight where you are doing same thing over and over, and over again. I don't know how long i will go after high level monsters. I have feeling that i will have better experience if i tackle quests/contracts when i reach or pass recommended level.
yeah, sadly it's not really a game that's very rewarding to play that way because the combat is like you say really simple and beating big baddies just becomes a matter of repeating the same move over and over because you deal very little damage to them and you don't really have many tools to get creative and solve the situation in another way.

they removed traps from witcha 2, there's no stealth either, you can't bait two groups of monsters into fighting each other, terrain and time of day barely matters, oils are just a flat stat increase, most potions are also stat increases or not very effective, etc.

it's kinda why i was considering having my goty list not have a first place and put witcha at 2 anyways lol, the game's super enjoyable for a lot of reasons but it's also a very shallow and repetitive thing when you're not watching a cutscene or engaged in dialogue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom