• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
U2gJDIz.png

tumblr_loyrykOcZ51qghkx5o1_r18_500.gif

Arthea

Anecdotal evidence, but I noticed myself and others, spending significantly more in the Autumn sale due to the niche games on the wishlist actually going on full discount.

It's the first time I hear about this, every single post I've read during sale was about not caring, spending less and not checking the store after first few days and things like that.

Tomasety

I'm not sure if it has been posted before.

https://steamdb.info/sub/1036/

CLP$ 149 @ Chile ~ 98%

I think there are some chilean guys here.

It can be activated too in:
Belice, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panamá, Bahamas, Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Perú, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay, Argentina, Bolivia, Guyana, Surinám, Brasil, México.

Grief.exe

It's the first time I hear about this, every single post I've read during sale was about not caring, spending less and not checking the store after first few days and things like that.

Sounds like some short-sighted reactions. We will have to wait for numbers for more Steamspy analysis.

Monooboe

Aaah I couldn't resist getting Elder Scrolls Online when I saw it at the store. It was 28 euros, while more expensive than it would be during a sale I have to say it's great to be able to install from dvds, for such a huge game.

I'm also thinking about going all in with French language on the game, since I'm trying to learn and might be good way while gaming.

MadGear

There are two things i really dislike about the current build of SFV:
1. Cammy sucks big time (on the other hand Nash now feels like one of the strongest characters).
2. Playing against players with a decent connection is amazing but playing against players with bad connections is worse than the lag/stutter in USF4. The rollback is just insane. The most insane rollbacks I have seen so far are yolo cancels of blocked specials into super. For Ryu you see the uppercut whiff completely but the instant you get ready to punish the game state is rolled back and the animation for his super plays. I sometimes also wonder if those with bad connection actually are having as much trouble as the one they are playing against.

MUnited83

For you.
Anecdotal evidence, but I noticed myself and others, spending significantly more in the Autumn sale due to the niche games on the wishlist actually going on full discount.

Same here. It was a pretty good sale, compared to, say, the last winter one. Although i'm afraid this winter sale will be little else than a repeat of the Autumn sale for the most part.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
1 has the least wasted space.

I think the first one looks best, but the text gets a little cuted on the edge

I also think the first one looks best.

Thank you very much for the feedback. I edited the text a bit more to be a bit less away from the sides, and now to send it for review.

LOL , Just cause 3 is trolling every one

2979157-screen+shot+2015-12-14+at+2.09.41+pm.png

what am i supposed to see?

It took me a second to get it, but it's a reference to that blue/gold dress shenanigan earlier this year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_dress_(viral_phenomenon)

Lomax

We'll know exactly how successful the "no dailies" idea was by next summer when Valve either brings dailies back or doesn't. No one in this thread is a "typical" steam consumer, so none of our anecdotal experience really indicates anything.

Copons

I'm curious how the lack of Dailies/Flash sales has affected the sale. Personally, I gave almost no shits about the Autumn sale. Outside some meta game I'm interested in (Clickerssssssss), probably not going to pay much attention here either.

Same here. It was a pretty good sale, compared to, say, the last winter one. Although i'm afraid this winter sale will be little else than a repeat of the Autumn sale for the most part.

Well, it may have been a pretty good sale, but with no dailies (and flash, votes, etc.) there was zero engagement with it. Having the same stuff at the same price for a week, didn't really make me visit the site more than once the first day for checking out the sale, and a couple other times to check out some "hidden gems" prices.
And in the end I didn't buy anything on the off chance that during the Holiday sale, those games could be cheaper - or worst case, same price.

I'm not making a price argument here, as I'm happy to learn now that niche games were cheaper.
Problem is: I learned about it now.
Featured sales isn't the perfect system (and as Steam grows, it inevitably gets every day worse), but at least can direct customers to games they would never have heard of, but may buy because they show an 80% off tag in homepage.

But really, featured games changing every 8/12 hours was just simple, dumb fun.
Like arguing against repeats, waiting for the dailies, Ikaruga losing the community vote, people asking the usual stupid questions. It may be annoying in the long run, but for 2 weeks, twice a year, it had kind of a party quality, that now is inevitably missing.

Grief.exe

Well, it may have been a pretty good sale, but with no dailies (and flash, votes, etc.) there was zero engagement with it. Having the same stuff at the same price for a week, didn't really make me visit the site more than once the first day for checking out the sale, and a couple other times to check out some "hidden gems" prices.
And in the end I didn't buy anything on the off chance that during the Holiday sale, those games could be cheaper - or worst case, same price.

I'm not making a price argument here, as I'm happy to learn now that niche games were cheaper.
Problem is: I learned about it now.
Featured sales isn't the perfect system (and as Steam grows, it inevitably gets every day worse), but at least can direct customers to games they would never have heard of, but may buy because they show an 80% off tag in homepage.

But really, featured games changing every 8/12 hours was just simple, dumb fun.
Like arguing against repeats, waiting for the dailies, Ikaruga losing the community vote, people asking the usual stupid questions. It may be annoying in the long run, but for 2 weeks, twice a year, it had kind of a party quality, that now is inevitably missing.

Consumer engagement could be the easiest thing to fix.

• Continually rotate featured items every 12 hours to keep people checking in to see if they potentially missed a hidden gem.
  • Sale cards will help people identify with the sale.
  • Meta game will also help.

I'm sure there are other ways to increase consumer involvement that Valve will assuredly unearth.

Instructions leaked from Valve to keep prices the same for Autumn/Winter sales BTW. The Autumn sale has always been a head scratcher.

Gurrry

so kerbel is 40% off.. theres no way it goes lower than that during the sale right?

so i should just buy it now, right?

right??!

Copons

Consumer engagement could be the easiest thing to fix.

• Continually rotate featured items every 12 hours to keep people checking in to see if they potentially missed a hidden gem.
  • Sale cards will help people identify with the sale.
  • Meta game will also help.

I'm sure there are other ways to increase consumer involvement that Valve will assuredly unearth.

The first point, I believe is the sort of engagement that dies fast though.
In previous sale, if you missed a rotation, you basically missed a better sale on games that could have interested you (because in wishlist or for the good price, whatever). Now, yeah, maybe you'll miss that one game that surprisingly escaped your thorough quest to put everything that matter in your wishlist. The games that were featured when I was distracted by browsing the Origin store, will still be there tomorrow, at the same price.

And yes, this mostly applies to us loyal old-timer customers, but I guess that's pretty much the same for cards and meta games.

Dunno, maybe it's just force of habit, and I'll get used quickly - or even prefer! - the new system.

Instructions leaked from Valve to keep prices the same for Autumn/Winter sales BTW. The Autumn sale has always been a head scratcher.

Yeeeeah, but you never know!

fantomena

Completed Pneuma: Breath of Life on Xbone. It was free due to Games for Gold and I bought 1 month for 1$.

It was pretty good too. Mind blowing ending.

Now I don't need to buy the game on Steam.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Followup to my earlier request of whether it was possible or not to sort my wishlist by Steam reviews. Since it isn't, here's my strategy: submit a blank search request, sort by reviews, hide all games I own, hide all games marked Not Interested, show me only games, go to page 280, go backwards through the list page by page, stop when I notice a wishlist game.

:(

gabbo

The first point, I believe is the sort of engagement that dies fast though.
In previous sale, if you missed a rotation, you basically missed a better sale on games that could have interested you (because in wishlist or for the good price, whatever). Now, yeah, maybe you'll miss that one game that surprisingly escaped your thorough quest to put everything that matter in your wishlist. The games that were featured when I was distracted by browsing the Origin store, will still be there tomorrow, at the same price.

And yes, this mostly applies to us loyal old-timer customers, but I guess that's pretty much the same for cards and meta games.

Dunno, maybe it's just force of habit, and I'll get used quickly - or even prefer! - the new system.

Yeeeeah, but you never know!

Dailies and flash deals are all fine and good, but I'd much prefer there be some kind of meta game and not have dailies at all. Just hook the meta game into whatever the rotation is for the front page items every day. Or how they did the Portal2 arg/game ages ago with certain games participating and the rest are just on sale with no connection what so ever

Thank you, AND TOOK ADVICE.

Does anyone have any preference for any of the three below capsule images, I'd appreciate feedback.

1:
tumblr_nznw60GrxI1se6ntfo3_250.png

2:
tumblr_nznwh6g84A1se6ntfo1_250.png

3:
tumblr_nznw60GrxI1se6ntfo2_250.png
Sorry, I don't really think any of those are good. It all just blurs together. I think the text should be in white, and I don't particularly care for that font either. I would probably skip the girl and just keep the skull too.

Ho ho ho SteamGAF and merry sales, have a GOTAllTime, GOTY part 1 and some other crap

DON'T SEND ME THANKS JUST ENJOY THE GAME AND POST HOW AWESOME DEADLY PREMONITION IS BECAUSE IT'S THE BEST

ModBot said:
Instructions for PetriP-TNT:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:

ModBot Basics:
- No need to say thank you
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Cast Of Seven Godsends -- MB-B079652AD83FE9F9 - Taken by NihonTiger90
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut #2 -- MB-98FE81D759832C2D - Taken by Vamphuntr
Pineview Drive -- MB-50F386DE52E59F00 - Taken by Monooboe
Worms Reloaded -- MB-50AE75B24BB951E0 - Taken by L.O.R.D
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (MogStation???) -- MB-5EC6EF3904892915 - Taken by Kurt Russell
Lucius II -- MB-513022EFD541D1E5 - Taken by dirtywhirlwind
Life is Strange - Episode 1 -- MB-13B743934B84271F - Taken by gabbo
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut -- MB-0CBF094EC5741F9E - Taken by Jazz573
Lumber Island - That Special Place -- MB-D31B4FD5D53CF09E - Taken by Mikurden
Caffeine: Season Pass Plus Episode One DLC -- MB-439AA94B440345AF - Taken by Saty
Worms Armageddon -- MB-5EBD41E2679300C5 - Taken by Loptous
One Final Breath - Episode One -- MB-C6F817223E6AE526 - Taken by Costa1774
123 Slaughter Me Street -- MB-A2C6A5DE30EBFCCA - Taken by crazyrabbits
Worms Crazy Golf -- MB-508C2040C863E992
The Archetype -- MB-F0CC650420A5BF41 - Taken by xGreg
FINAL FANTASY XIII -- MB-5791830325C80B15 - Taken by WinterDemons
Resident Evil Revelaitions -- MB-3FD5622B0E45AD6B - Taken by The Dear Leader
Schrodingers Cat And The Raiders Of The Lost Quark -- MB-4B8B62C28A804913 - Taken by Dusk Golem

Joe's Diner -- MB-97F545CF1A78D087 - Taken by trailmix16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom