• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

1pm Eastern

Do you live to ruin my fun, Ozi?
Screwing with LORD is a past time, you know this.

---------

What do you guys do when you're in a game funk, guys. I feel so bored of everything, and of course it happens when I'm on break from school.

I don't like giveaways jumping between threads. And the sale thread will potentially have scary strangers.

So I edited the Lightning Returns trivia so you should be able to fire off another guess if you desire. I also added more detail to the MBot clue to help wrap it up.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=189734009&postcount=13050

EDIT - The defense of humanity thread only has 1 anime gif in it. And it is Hokuto no Ken. Humanity redeemed?

pahamrick

I don't like giveaways jumping between threads. And the sale thread will potentially have scary strangers.

So I edited the Lightning Returns trivia so you should be able to fire off another guess if you desire. I also added more detail to the MBot clue to help wrap it up.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=189734009&postcount=13050

EDIT - The defense of humanity thread only has 1 anime gif in it. And it is Hokuto no Ken. Humanity redeemed?

I gave it a shot, watch it be the other movie I thought it was but didn't go with.

L.O.R.D

Do you live to ruin my fun, Ozi?
Screwing with LORD is a past time, you know this.

---------

What do you guys do when you're in a game funk, guys. I feel so bored of everything, and of course it happens when I'm on break from school.

I will remember that.

fbe.jpg

XShagrath

I feel like an idiot for not being able to activate this. This is the first time I've won something that wasn't just a code or a Humble Bundle link. It looks like:

store.steampowered.com/account/XXXXXXXXXX

??

EDIT: Nevermind. uncredited male is just gonna send it to me on Steam. Super!

Tenrius

Quick opinion poll:

- Are you happy with Homeworld Remastered?
- If so, did you play and/or finish Homeworld 1 Remastered in particular?
- If the answer to the previous question is yes, did you play and or/finished Homeworld 1 Classic?

I personally think the remaster is borked. It's still playable, but not anywhere near working as intended and is just an awful way of experiencing one of the best combinations of story/gameplay in gaming.

woo hoo, managed 64 games this year in total ^_^
Doubt I'll get any more down, think that's enough :p

My 52-in-a-year challenge finishing total

I'm only at 19. I can probably get up to 21 before the year ends, I only got like 3 quests in the main story for fallout 4. I've played more games but i only counted games that had a definitive ending. next year I'll count multiplayer focused games as well, i probably would be sitting at in the high 20s if i counted them this year

Arthea

Quick opinion poll:

- Are you happy with Homeworld Remastered?
- If so, did you play and/or finish Homeworld 1 Remastered in particular?
- If the answer to the previous question is yes, did you play and or/finished Homeworld 1 Classic?

I personally think the remaster is borked. It's still playable, but not anywhere near working as intended and is just an awful way of experiencing one of the best combinations of story/gameplay in gaming.

I haven't even bought it yet, thought maybe this sale, not that I will have time to play it any time soon, but your post is making me reconsider. Do I even want to play it?

I call it asspollution.
Infer from that what you will.

can you elaborate on this? You are only mainly stealth gamer that I somewhat know and I really can't remember you writing about asspollution at all, I remember about many other games, but not this, kindly humour me, it's Xmas and all that

Tenrius

I haven't even bought it yet, thought maybe this sale, not that I will have time to play it any time soon, but your post is making me reconsider. Do I even want to play it?

Of course it's an absolute must-have because it's the only way to own Homeworld in digital form. The remaster is still kinda playable, but it's definitely not recommended as your introduction to the game. Don't bother with Homeworld 2 unless you've finished the first game (and Cataclysm, which is arguably better, but not included in this remaster) and can't get enough. It's worse on every level.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I wonder if these people are actually trying to avoid getting matched by downloading something in the background.

I don't blame them. Some of us would like to mess around with characters and not be thrown in matches. I know that isn't what Capcom wants (they want to stress test their servers) but given the trickle-effect of their character releases during these... I can't blame people for not finding a character they're comfortable with in the meantime.

Arthea

Of course it's an absolute must-have because it's the only way to own Homeworld in digital form. The remaster is still kinda playable, but it's definitely not recommended as your introduction to the game. Don't bother with Homeworld 2 unless you've finished the first game (and Cataclysm, which is arguably better, but not included in this remaster) and can't get enough. It's worse on every level.

That's not a problem, I already have played both games and I probably still could find original disks if I tried hard enough, not sure they still work, probably not, but I was wary of this remaster for many reasons, I'm sure you know them too.
I'm not saying I won't buy it, if a price is right, it's playing it that worries me

Anustart

Finally getting around to trying Double Dragon Neon. Really liking it, but with local co-op I'm getting frequent CTDs. Really putting a damper on the situation.

Lomax

I'm only at 19. I can probably get up to 21 before the year ends, I only got like 3 quests in the main story for fallout 4. I've played more games but i only counted games that had a definitive ending. next year I'll count multiplayer focused games as well, i probably would be sitting at in the high 20s if i counted them this year

I did 21 in January alone, but I'm only at 43 for the year now. I doubt I'll get 52 though because I've been playing too much World of Warcraft. It's been fun though and definitely got me to try some things out and play some other things to the end, so I'll probably give it another shot next year.

Turfster

can you elaborate on this? You are only mainly stealth gamer that I somewhat know and I really can't remember you writing about asspollution at all, I remember about many other games, but not this, kindly humour me, it's Xmas and all that
Pretty sure I did? Or was that twitter only...
Anyway.
The stealth is broken and a joke, as is the 'disguise' system, the story is ridiculous nonsense and repeatedly breaks the "get caught in a cutscene" rule which is just a big "fuck you writers, you worthless hacks" sign... It's just not fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom