• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

why is the gaf goty thread so draconian? don't use a semicolon, your vote doesn't count and you are banned. forget to number, your vote doesn't count and ur banned.

jesus fucking christ you'd think it was a soviet election

edit: also salsa's ban is up like hours after the store updates so the thread won't be until 8 hours after the store is updated? lol

Anteater

just how do you get banned but not perma banned all the time, teach me your secrets

big daddy is my favorite sony mascot along with raiden from metal gear

Save some money for the sale:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Inner World Soundtrack -- MB-14B29C0B06C536B9
Doodle God -- MB-DD79E144BB1944DF - Taken by Haunted. 5 entrants total.
Town of Salem -- MB-AEF3EA033C2CAF75 - Taken by Khilandros. 4 entrants total.
Coin Crypt -- MB-21B7BB02A303F811 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Crowntakers -- MB-FA7059D1E5B28C8D - Taken by Catshade. 9 entrants total.
Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic -- MB-FFF1658AA5AA1AFE - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes -- MB-0D6A9677B12A2A8A - Taken by trailmix16. 5 entrants total.
Quarries of Scred -- MB-CADC4D6CEAB71724 - Taken by arts&crafts. 1 entrants total.
A Story About My Uncle -- MB-72736C05D2078894 - Taken by Dr.Acula. 6 entrants total.
Overture -- MB-34DAE02A086BE9CC - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Sudeki -- MB-BF7806CDE1CB3834 - Taken by Zeeman. 5 entrants total.
The Stanley Parable -- MB-9AD7D88F9FE66F61 - Taken by Costa1774. 14 entrants total.
Meridian: New World -- MB-5F8AEE2AB8926D5A - Taken by The_Monk. 1 entrants total.
Hero of the Kingdom II -- MB-CBD9CDF2F9939277 - Taken by user237. 4 entrants total.
rFactor -- MB-E338A8D1078FF8DA - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Endless Space Emperor Edition -- MB-02D076A9A20ABB8A - Taken by Sarcasm. 11 entrants total.

t1450674476z1.png

Haunted

why is the gaf goty thread so draconian? don't use a semicolon, your vote doesn't count and you are banned. forget to number, your vote doesn't count and ur banned.
It's counted by a program which can't parse the posts if they're not properly formatted.

Teeth

jesus fucking christ you'd think it was a soviet election

edit: also salsa's ban is up like hours after the store updates so the thread won't be until 8 hours after the store is updated? lol

Just wait until you have to start posting Achievement/Trophy data to prove you played the game you're voting for.

IT'S COMING

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So did my post, not that it will help to take the GOTY award away from the winner
bloodborne

I posted pretty long explanations for why I liked the games so can I post it in here too? Even if it is a list?

I did 21 in January alone, but I'm only at 43 for the year now. I doubt I'll get 52 though because I've been playing too much World of Warcraft. It's been fun though and definitely got me to try some things out and play some other things to the end, so I'll probably give it another shot next year.

damn son. i tend to play a lot of rpgs and I play em at my own pace which is why it takes me so long to beat games. witcher 3 for example took me the entire summer, mgsv took me like a month and a half

thats their definition of "early 2016"? my definition is jan or feb :3 gimmie dat KI dang it!!

Haunted

Actually looking at the rules this year, they've become much more lenient re: eligible games. Seems like timetokill was fed up with the constant discussion about what to allow with ports/remasters/remakes/DLCs, games released in one region but not another, games released on one platform but not another etc.

"Anything with playable content" is probably as all-encompassing as it can get. Though I haven't seen a couple of my games on the spreadsheet, I'm fairly confident that Rebel Galaxy, Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch - Enhanced Edition and Grow Home are all eligible.

Parsnip

I think I'm going to wait until I cast my vote, I'm not done with this year just yet.

Not that it truly matters, console games that I haven't played will probably win either way. :p

Steamgaf goty is where it's at.

donny2112

I did 21 in January alone, but I'm only at 43 for the year now. I doubt I'll get 52 though because I've been playing too much World of Warcraft. It's been fun though and definitely got me to try some things out and play some other things to the end, so I'll probably give it another shot next year.

I don't like that it's finishing 52 games for the metric. That really makes choosing to play a 50+ hour game a hard choice, as you can get through 5+ "regular" games or more in that same time frame. I think an hour-based metric (or hybrid metric), while still requiring that the game be "finished" would be better more reasonable to account for the vastly varying length of games.

Lomax

I don't like that it's finishing 52 games for the metric. That really makes choosing to play a 50+ hour game a hard choice, as you can get through 5+ "regular" games or more in that same time frame. I think an hour-based metric (or hybrid metric), while still requiring that the game be "finished" would be better more reasonable to account for the vastly varying length of games.

Personally I just played what I wanted, and padded things out with a few shorter games. I'd have gotten it easily if the WoW bug hadn't bitten me again. The one thing it did was push me to actually finish games. I liked that as I have a bad habit of stopping playing things and never getting back to them. Besides, the rules are pretty lax, it's an informal self regulated system anyway. I'd be well over the 52 now if I counted episodes individually for example.

Corpekata

Banned
Been saying that a while. Gears of War will launch around the same time as KI, and probably the open beta of Fable Legends. They want to have like a month or so of "big" games to launch the Windows 10 store as a gaming avenue. I'd expect those three, maybe even Tomb Raider, all within 2 months of each other, as well as some indie games and a handful of those "windows 10 store" versions of games that got announced a while ago.

Christmas is a perfect time to drop some poop.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros #3 -- MB-280138442A8633CD - Taken by snack
xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros #2 -- MB-89A61DEF3AF352D9 - Taken by gurm3n
xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros -- MB-F095590DFAC912B3 - Taken by ExoSoul
xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros #4 -- MB-CD7F0761617F7726 - Taken by gaiadyne

Second Main Mission in Dishonored put a damper on my enjoyment. I don't like going back to the same area a second time, the distillery, Holger Square. That's not to my liking. Hopefully it's just this time and from now on only new areas and no repeats.

Also, downsampling from 4K with DSR makes Steam Overlay look funny small. EDIT: Aargh, the effect is not visible good when clicking the image :(

alright, i'm taking a break.

merry christmas to all, and see you in the new year steamgaf.
Take care and don't overdo festivities.
the last summer sale was my favorite steam sale in like 4 yrs.
That was my first Steam Sale and it was a nice experience. That winter was ok but most after that fell flat for me. Probably more about me being new and loosing interest by having many games later rather than later sales "sucking".

I love and respect people who have both Bloodborne & Witcher 3 at number 1-3 on their goty lists.

Been saying that a while. Gears of War will launch around the same time as KI, and probably the open beta of Fable Legends. They want to have like a month or so of "big" games to launch the Windows 10 store as a gaming avenue. I'd expect those three, maybe even Tomb Raider, all within 2 months of each other, as well as some indie games and a handful of those "windows 10 store" versions of games that got announced a while ago.

Yeah, those games perfectly fit for their big Windows 10 store 'big' games announcement. Sea of Thieves as well, perhaps.

Momentary

Banned
Setup my temporary gaming station for the next 2 weeks . Don't mind the old ass T.V. My wife and I are are finally upgrading after 10 years of her having it.

By the way, Downwell is just so damn awesome. Especially in TATE mode.

20151220_205329-1_zpsj3j64efa.jpg

After these last few days of playing SFV (last weeks stress test included). I am on the fence. I was blinded at first about how different it felt from SF4 and it being more to my taste but, playing the actual game seems to be very middling with me. The cast isn't the problem as much as how they play. Laura is annoying for me to deal with at the moment and I probably just need more time but, she has an overly safe string that just kinda becomes a nuisance. Crush counters are a neat idea in theory but them being triggered automatically messes up the flow of combat more than I like it to. No dying to chip damage outside of super for sure messed up a few games I thought I could win because I thought I could chip.

There is a lot of unknowns more than anything else. There is still a couple more hours left in the beta but yeah, I am glad I was able to try this game before buying it to test the waters.

Setup my temporary gaming station for the next 2 weeks . Don't mind the old ass T.V. My wife and I are are finally upgrading after 10 years of her having it.

By the way, Downwell is just so damn awesome. Especially in TATE mode.

20151220_205329-1_zpsj3j64efa.jpg
That looks pretty cool.

Oh hey Rayge, I just got the G710 keyboard the other day, my first mechanical keyboard. Walmart had it for $100 but, they decided to price match it for $60 dollars where Best Buy had it at. It's a nice keyboard.

Oh yeah, what kind of stick is that? I know it's a Vewlix but, I can't say I have seen that one.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of MulderWasTaken, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Inner World Soundtrack -- MB-14B29C0B06C536B9
Doodle God -- MB-DD79E144BB1944DF - Taken by Haunted. 5 entrants total.
Town of Salem -- MB-AEF3EA033C2CAF75 - Taken by Khilandros. 4 entrants total.
Coin Crypt -- MB-21B7BB02A303F811 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Crowntakers -- MB-FA7059D1E5B28C8D - Taken by Catshade. 9 entrants total.
Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic -- MB-FFF1658AA5AA1AFE - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes -- MB-0D6A9677B12A2A8A - Taken by trailmix16. 5 entrants total.
Quarries of Scred -- MB-CADC4D6CEAB71724 - Taken by arts&crafts. 1 entrants total.
A Story About My Uncle -- MB-72736C05D2078894 - Taken by Dr.Acula. 6 entrants total.
Overture -- MB-34DAE02A086BE9CC - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Sudeki -- MB-BF7806CDE1CB3834 - Taken by Zeeman. 5 entrants total.
The Stanley Parable -- MB-9AD7D88F9FE66F61 - Taken by Costa1774. 14 entrants total.
Meridian: New World -- MB-5F8AEE2AB8926D5A - Taken by The_Monk. 1 entrants total.
Hero of the Kingdom II -- MB-CBD9CDF2F9939277 - Taken by user237. 4 entrants total.
rFactor -- MB-E338A8D1078FF8DA - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Endless Space Emperor Edition -- MB-02D076A9A20ABB8A - Taken by Sarcasm. 11 entrants total.

t1450674476z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom