• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

I've been sifting through my goty candidates 2015 list and I think I'm in pretty deep shit.

Aside from maybe the top 3, I have like 14 more games on that list and I don't particularly value any of them over the others. Not many great games, but a slew of good ones that all probably deserve a mention.

Culling and ranking them will be a real bitch this year.

Is there any new content added to the Gears of War ultimate edition? I might be in the minority but of the series, I thought the first one was the weakest.

Quoted from IGN:
While the majority of the content in Gears of War: Ultimate Edition remains the same as the original with a few changes, mostly being to multiplayer. There are plenty of new skins, for both characters and weapons, and game modes. Check them out below.

Will be on Windows store though right? Not Steam?

Most probably, yes.

Turfster

I like how all you people that only played the 360 version will be able to experience firsthand how utter dogshit the extra PC encounters were =p

I have some Steam Trading Cards for games with recently added cards.

Example:
One game with trading cards added less than 24 hours ago.
Another game with trading cards added like 2 weeks ago.

Should I sell them now or wait until the Steam Holiday Sale 2015 starts to sell them?

Momentary

Banned
That looks pretty cool.

Oh hey Rayge, I just got the G710 keyboard the other day, my first mechanical keyboard. Walmart had it for $100 but, they decided to price match it for $60 dollars where Best Buy had it at. It's a nice keyboard.

Oh yeah, what kind of stick is that? I know it's a Vewlix but, I can't say I have seen that one.

Thanks.

The stick is by Shadaloo. It's probably the best one I've ever owned in terms of build quality. I got it back in 2009 I think. The PCB in it is an old PS360. Not the "+" version. I haven't had a single issue with it on PC.

I have a new stick on the way from GIANTSWORD. Should be here Wednesday. Had it commissioned in September. He did a damn fine job on this custom Stick.

Here is an almost finished pic I shared on the stick thread. It's just missing the M16 Assault carrying handle.

IMAG1421_zpsw2bqochk.jpg

Too bad I'll still be garbage tier in fighting games.

Kagemusha

I have some Steam Trading Cards for games with recently added cards.

Example:
One game with trading cards added less than 24 hours ago.
Another game with trading cards added like 2 weeks ago.

Should I sell them now or wait until the Steam Holiday Sale 2015 starts to sell them?

Card prices usually go down in value with time. During the sale I'd imagine people will dump their cards and demand will go down. Sell the new stuff first, like now. Idle master will even idle based on card value. Other wise wait until after the sale to sell.

Haunted

Thanks.

The stick is by Shadaloo. It's probably the best one I've ever owned in terms of build quality. I got it back in 2009 I think. The PCB in it is an old PS360. Not the "+" version. I haven't had a single issue with it on PC.

I have a new stick on the way from GIANTSWORD. Should be here Wednesday. Had it commissioned in September. He did a damn fine job on this custom Stick.

Here is an almost finished pic I shared on the stick thread. It's just missing the M16 Assault carrying handle.

IMAG1421_zpsw2bqochk.jpg

At least you'll look cool while losing.

Got further in that Bunker point-and-click. I sure hope some of you will find my impressions entertaining...because it sure hasn't been for me thus far. Holy hell. This one could give Reversion and Hotel Collector's Edition a run for their money.

Are there any compatibility issues with the Xbox Wireless Adapter? I got a slick Lunar White pad but I didn't get around to grabbing the adapter yet. From what I see, it should be perfect compatibility.

Teggy

Phew, saw the Star Wars unspoiled after last nights debacle.

I feel like playing Undertale now is a lost cause. I'm only an hour in and while it seems cute and clever it's been so overexposed I have a hard time believing it can get on my GOTY list.

Kriken

Are there any compatibility issues with the Xbox Wireless Adapter? I got a slick Lunar White pad but I didn't get around to grabbing the adapter yet. From what I see, it should be perfect compatibility.

Nope, I use the Lunar White pad and adapter for all my games now. Although I did learn that I had to unplug my Wii U mayflash adapter or the XB1 pad wouldn't register as pad 1

Nope, I use the Lunar White pad and adapter for all my games now. Although I did learn that I had to unplug my Wii U mayflash adapter or the XB1 pad wouldn't register as pad 1

Damn, it does that with the Xbox One pads too? I guess I'll just unplug my Wii U adapter then or switch them out or whatever.

Anybody seen any Ori and the Blind Forest plushies anywhere?

accel

564 hours here

i will uninstall at 666

My hours in Clicker Heroes are also high, but 99% of that is idling in the background when I am watching something. (That said, I also think it is time to stop. I mean, it's not like I don't know what the next 1000 hours are going to be like. And the next 5000.)

tch

So I want to get a Rocket League code for a friend for Christmas (to use when the Mac version comes out.) If I just get a steam code from GMG or somewhere they should be able to redeem it with no problems when it comes out right? Thanks a lot!

Corpekata

Banned
So I want to get a Rocket League code for a friend for Christmas (to use when the Mac version comes out.) If I just get a steam code from GMG or somewhere they should be able to redeem it with no problems when it comes out right? Thanks a lot!

Yeah.

More poop

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Deponia -- MB-C28E8F88E043DAF0 - Taken by Giggity_Dude

Soulflarz

Banned
Too lazy to edit yours.
96736a343a.png
f6bf85eadc.png
cant do then

cause my image was taken by my ipod aka is minee

and as such I call someone out whenever I see it around. I love when they try to say they got it from a screencap...uhm...no screencap comes out in the weird colors that taking a picture of a tv does :x

A miserable little pile of poop. :V

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Coffin Dodgers #2 -- MB-B3DDDA7B30A01CA4 - Taken by Haunted
Coffin Dodgers -- MB-1BB31EE9EE39AC31 - Taken by texhnolyze

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
cant do then

cause my image was taken by my ipod aka is minee

and as such I call someone out whenever I see it around. I love when they try to say they got it from a screencap...uhm...no screencap comes out in the weird colors that taking a picture of a tv does :x

Best I can do with the source material. I was looking for a bigger size image of it but the one I found was pretty blurry so meh.
2988c888f3.png

Ozium

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me dont listen to modbot

Abyss Odyssey -- MB-15A1821ACD2E9426 - Taken by someguyinahat Trivia Question: What band was Jeff Lynne in?

jefflynne.jpg

ModBot said:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ozium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Santa Visceral Cleanup -- MB-4E2B2E8B1E2B84DF - Taken by Jason Frost
Vampire of the Sands -- MB-7ADA3D462F0A351D - Taken by xGreg
Insurgency -- MB-B281CB3E62B25D2F - Taken by Smash88
Hypt -- MB-2D759BF5F6C977D3 - Taken by Vuze
Radium -- MB-0A79DE8A51437D71 - Taken by fuzzy123
Sumo Revise -- MB-BB4364AB6AAE9565 - Taken by Abomination
Ruzh Delta Z -- MB-65ECBDA3D7B62B65
ShipLord -- MB-816B4B3385825961 - Taken by rainking187
Grimoire: Manastorm -- MB-54DDD9BB83C6FF3D - Taken by Loptous
Adventures of Bertram Fiddle: Episode 1: A Dreadly Business -- MB-7259CE27A8CDC11F - Taken by Mikurden
TeraBlaster -- MB-41C6BCE5FCF124D7
Abyss Odyssey -- MB-5F4A6545D0535675 - Taken by L.O.R.D
Beat Hazard -- MB-EF07C64A2461B9A9 - Taken by shira

Thanks.

IMAG1421_zpsw2bqochk.jpg

That still looks very impressive all things considering.

Lingitiz

Just according to plan.
Putting only Bloodborne on the lists help as well, so other games won't get additional points.

The fervor that people are posting it with is kinda funny. I dunno if I'd put it as my number 1 but I have to think some more. Most are just rushing into the thread and putting Bloodborne at #1 in the wrong format and no other games on the list.

Reminds me very much of the way people were all over The Last of Us in 2013's voting thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom