• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
But if they dont hype it, no one is going to subscribe.

It's displayed pretty prominently on their homepage though, which means it's getting seen by people who are interested in Humble Bundle and are looking for a deal.

Fair point. They never did say the hints would be a recurring theme.

Something like PS+ would be better where they reveal the content of the month beforehand.

They do know that if it's an average bundle people will stop subscribing, right?

This is a pretty similar argument to what's being discussed in the GFWL 2.0 thread - the vast majority of regular PC gamers won't want to keep shelling out a monthly fee to get "free" games site unseen. But it's the kind of thing that a lot of people will buy into, some people will rave about what a good deal it is and the rest of us will be left scratching our heads as to why.

Like a lot of things that require continuous payments, there will always be a large number of people who subscribe and then forget about it and continue to get charged monthly but can't be bothered to turn off the subscription. I guarantee you that Humble is banking on that percentage being pretty high.

This is a pretty similar argument to what's being discussed in the GFWL 2.0 thread - the vast majority of regular PC gamers won't want to keep shelling out a monthly fee to get "free" games site unseen. But it's the kind of thing that a lot of people will buy into, some people will rave about what a good deal it is and the rest of us will be left scratching our heads as to why.

Like a lot of things that require continuous payments, there will always be a large number of people who subscribe and then forget about it and continue to get charged monthly but can't be bothered to turn off the subscription. I guarantee you that Humble is banking on that percentage being pretty high.
Oh, I see D:

Humble was mistake...

Another day another mass shooting in US. Stay safe US SteamGAF. I just wonder who will authorities and media blame this time. Video games, mental health or pizza.

My wife is a Special Ed teacher working with children w/ disabilities. This one hits too close to home.

Fuck this shit.

Looks like Lightning Returns on PC will be $20.

Or about $15.59 if you buy from GreenManGaming with the current code, assuming they put it up for sale again before launch.

We knew that right? I mean....I already bought it for that when it went up before they pulled it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
We knew that right? I mean....I already bought it for that when it went up before they pulled it.

There was some thought that the $20 GMG price was a mistake. Especially when it got pulled less than an hour after it went online.

Rainbow Six Siege looks like fun and seems to be getting a positive reception on GAF...too bad I am truly god awful at these tactical type shooters (and honestly shooters in general as far as MP goes)

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Was it said that Titmouse was one part of the Studios who would work on an opening if the Stretch Goal is made for Indivisible?

For those who don't know what they have done
Yeah, they're a part of the stretch goal. The opening would be a collab between them and the mystery anime studio (coughcoughTRIGGERcoughcough).

Didn't know they made Venture Bros. though, I watched that all the time.

aHbO5zh.gif

SUPRISE MOTHEFUCKER

Sarcasm

I don't know if it is the game doing this or my controller...

But what is wrong with either if one!?

In Dark Souls I am using a xbox 360 controller.

1) Pushing the left joy forward all the way is typically always walk slow as you can. If I wiggle it hard enough it goes into a light jog (not run that is hold B).

2) Press attack and it happens a good 10-15 seconds later.

It is weird, the controller is fine in other games =S

Annubis

In Dark Souls I am using a xbox 360 controller.

1) Pushing the left joy forward all the way is typically always walk slow as you can. If I wiggle it hard enough it goes into a light jog (not run that is hold B).

2) Press attack and it happens a good 10-15 seconds later.

It is weird, the controller is fine in other games =S

What weapon and how heavy are you?

MattyG

Banned
So I've gotta decide between an Xbox One or a Shield Tablet. I really wanted a Shield Portable, but they're expensive now and I don't see a 2 coming out anytime soon.

For any of you who have a Shield Tablet, can you play streamed games with touch? If you can, would The Old Republic work? I want to use it in between classes at school, but I don't want to lug a controller around.

Edit: well I guess it may not matter. Half my funds are in Gamestop gift cards, but apparently they only have the Shield Console :(

Students bullying
, the episode?
I've watched that kind of show so many times on TV. The choice I had to make at the end was kinda hard though.

well in all honesty i enjoyed 1 + 2 the most cause it was more grounded i guess. about a kid in high school that can turn back time. after ep 2 it became this whole other thing that was still pretty good its just that i much preferred what 1 and 2 had going on, besides 2 is the best cause the the ending has the most stakes, also it took into consideration what you did throughout the entire episode.

well in all honesty i enjoyed 1 + 2 the most cause it was more grounded i guess. about a kid in high school that can turn back time. after ep 2 it became this whole other thing that was still pretty good its just that i much preferred what 1 and 2 had going on, besides 2 is the best cause the the ending has the most stakes, also it took into consideration what you did throughout the entire episode.

Ah, I see. I was actually talking about the story. But yeah, if we're talking about how our choices affect the outcome at the end of the episode, the 2nd episode is top notch indeed. I had the urge to restart the whole episode just to see the other outcome(s). Fortunately I kinda got the best outcome on my first try anyway.

When I first saw this the graphic hadn't loaded. "Hey, Harvest Moon clone, let's check it out." Then I saw that graphic. Oh man. Too bad those melon-headed characters overlap, cause the expression of the one on the right could get a lot of mileage from image macros.

It's actually quite good.
Reminds me SNES era harvest moon games a lot.

... what? WHAT?!

j7Dx7j3.jpg

Don't be shy..

------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, Saint Seiya is 91% positive. Good job, Bamco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom