• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Man to play Uncharted 4 beta you need to do so much unnecessary and stupid things. You need Uncharted collection to get into the beta, then if you have digital version you must to download whole Uncharted Collection and have at least one save apparently, if you have physical version you need to install it and have disk inside PS4 (also apparently).

Also tonight is another Steam Sale dedicated to The Game Awards.

Locust

So last night I had an email from Steam saying 0.01usd was added to my wallet. No attempts to access my account from what I can tell, I also have steam guard enabled. What's going on?
Someone is trolling you with a Qiwi deposit. Did you post your acc name somewhere?

It might be prudent to point out that considering the ethnicity of the majority of these characters, the place and the setting, this might actually be of a tragic drama played straight instead of some kind of a creepy child-leering love harem. Assuming that's what your "what the fuck" comment is going for.

If your comment is about the background setting itself, then yar, it could easily be in bad taste.

Ugh..
I'm loving the artstyle though. Are they Japanese devs? Somehow I can easily distinguish between Japanese (or Asian) and Western anime artstyle in visual novels.
Saw their other game which is much better.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/349320/?

1998 Jakarta in that game and 1947 Taiwan in this? This developer sure love their tragedies.

Dr.Acula

Banned
PPK9EzI.png

Fg8mXFy.png

How's the online for Vermintide? These steamcharts numbers have me worried.

In a world where you can count the number of thriving multiplayer-only indie games on two hands, I dunno how anyone buys into them.

...ok, I admit it, just want TF2's Arena mode playerbase back.

It might be prudent to point out that considering the ethnicity of the majority of these characters, the place and the setting, this might actually be of a tragic drama played straight instead of some kind of a creepy child-leering love harem. Assuming that's what your "what the fuck" comment is going for.

If your comment is about the background setting itself, then yar, it could easily be in bad taste.

1998 Jakarta in that game and 1947 Taiwan in this? This developer sure love their tragedies.

Wait, so it's in Jakarta during the reformation? Interesting..
I was still a kid during the uproar, and I live in Bandung anyway, not Jakarta. Might check it out later to see the events from outsiders' perspective.

It took nearly an hour for me to switch my PSU and the cables without taking other components apart, everything seems to be fine now.

Wait, so it's in Jakarta during the reformation? Interesting..
I was still a kid during the uproar, and I live in Bandung anyway, not Jakarta. Might check it out later to see the events from outsiders' perspective.

Specifically May 1998, according to the store page, so it would actually be set in the midst of the nasty, racial-fueled riot that targeted people of Chinese ethnicity.

KingBroly

Banned
I guess this is more of a game issue, but it's on Steam, so I'll ask.

Are there any specific graphical settings I need to put FF13/13-2 at? The game becomes unresponsive every time I select a difficulty so I have to quit out.

Also, where's the intro movie?

EDIT: Okay, it seems to work now. Please disregard.

Specifically May 1998, according to the store page, so it would actually be set in the midst of the nasty, racial-fueled riot that targeted people of Chinese ethnicity.

Yes, that was outrageous. My grand, grandfather was a chinese so I feel for them.
The whole event is still a mystery, even until now. Even the high general of the national armed force who was in charge back then was in the election for president position last year. This country is so fucked up.

Tizoc

Dragon Quest Heroes has shipped over 1,000,000 copies in Asian Regions (inc. Japan)
The Steam ver. really needs to have a good performance for this game to do well on Steam within the next year. I don't expect it to reach 1 mil, although 500K would be a nice figure, but I'd really like for it to meet S-E's expectations if not exceed them so more DQ games get released on Steam.

fertygo

Dragon Quest Heroes has shipped over 1,000,000 copies in Asian Regions (inc. Japan)
The Steam ver. really needs to have a good performance for this game to do well on Steam within the next year. I don't expect it to reach 1 mil, although 500K would be a nice figure, but I'd really like for it to meet S-E's expectations if not exceed them so more DQ games get released on Steam.

they should've grateful if it sell 50k

Hektor

This is so not going to happen. But i doubt that it needs to sell that much copys anyways for a chance of other DQ titles.

Haunted

Did anyone really like Beatbuddy?

I mean, it wasn't terrible, but I thought there really wasn't much to it and it just kinda came and went.

Dr Dogg

Don't know how well the Vermintide community will stay together but I've not heard anyone who's put some time into it have much bad to say about the game. R6 Siege on the other hand has a pretty decent content plan over the next year with releasing new Operators, maps and modes sporadically through the year and at no extra cost with the Season Pass just allowing early access and xp boosters (so half pointless, half insidious). Both games seem to have a very robust gameplay loop that lend themselves well to repeated play.

Didn't the remnants of Criteron make the Speed Bike chase segments in Battlefront?

Momentary

Banned

I'm buying the game, but will return it day one if it's typical K-T quality. I'm going to laugh my ass off if this is the PS3 port that didn't get released in the states.

Tizoc

I'm buying the game, but will return it day one if it's typical K-T quality. I'm going to laugh my ass off if this is the PS3 port that didn't get released in the states.

Well today's the day, let's hope it's a competent PS4 port then ;3

I highly doubt it. One Piece and DOA barely reach 50k, and their best selling is Dynasty Warriors 8 with 160k. They'll be lucky if it sells 250k within a year, after 50% off in the summer sale.
The port quality will be a determining factor though, so let's wait and see. Today is the day.\

Is that Volume?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

GRID -- MB-AF69E1CCCE929BD9 - Taken by Madn. 4 entrants total.

t1449138093z1.png

Tizoc

I highly doubt it. One Piece and DOA barely reach 50k, and their best selling is Dynasty Warriors 8 with 160k. They'll be lucky if it sells 250k within a year, after 50% off in the summer sale.
The port quality will be a determining factor though, so let's wait and see. Today is the day.\

Surprisingly, V. Chronicles 1 has reached 500,000 owners on Steam in 1 year's time.
Granted that's with the game going on sale for $5 every other week.

Unfortunately, Binary Domain which has been on Steam longer hasn't even broken 300,000 owners :(

Man to play Uncharted 4 beta you need to do so much unnecessary and stupid things. You need Uncharted collection to get into the beta, then if you have digital version you must to download whole Uncharted Collection and have at least one save apparently, if you have physical version you need to install it and have disk inside PS4 (also apparently).

At least you'll be able to play it.
I'm a huge fan of the franchise but since I can't afford a PS4 all I can do is watch streams.

Arthea

JC3 reviews on steam aren't flattering, apparently it runs horribly for about 50% of people playing it, judging by reviews.

Surprisingly, V. Chronicles 1 has reached 500,000 owners on Steam in 1 year's time.
Granted that's with the game going on sale for $5 every other week.

Unfortunately, Binary Domain which has been on Steam longer hasn't even broken 300,000 owners :(

Valkyria is a pretty good port though. Sega ports in general are fine, so it's time for them to bring more games over here.

But now that I looked at it, KT ports are doing HORRIBLE. I'm shocked by the fact that they're still trying to port more Japanese games to Steam. It's like they ported them for free or something. They don't give a fuck if no one buy their ports.

Tizoc

Valkyria is a pretty good port though. Sega ports in general are fine, so it's time for them to bring more games over here.

But now that I looked at it, KT ports are doing HORRIBLE. I'm shocked by the fact that they're still trying to port more Japanese games to Steam. It's like they ported them for free or something. They don't give a fuck if no one buy their ports.

Yeah it's a sad state, they need to actually drop some Yen when it comes to porting, a good port can get you a long way :/

EDIT: Oh and DB Xenoverse has 300,000+ owners on Steam and that's a game that has only ever gotten as cheap as $30!
http://steamspy.com/app/323470

That's because they'll know people will jump through the hoops to get into the beta. It's sad that people are like that, it's even worse that others will exploit that need. I wouldn't be surprised if there are people out there now buying what's needed just to get into the beta.

Dr Dogg

Not out of the question since DQH is a Omega Force title and we know they have a render path already set up for PC for their engine. You need to stop thinking ports of other devices as their engine is clearly multiplatfrom (and practically every platform under the sun too) and go by what they have released in the past. You'd have hoped at some point they would have incorporated PS4/XO feature level effects into their PC render path but as such every Omega Force game on Steam has been a DX9 title and I wouldn't be surprised if nothing was touched from when they released DW6 and 7 on PC years ago. Saying that going from the system reqs on the Steam storepage DX11 is required for DQH so this finally things might have changed. At least refunds allow you to be a guinea pig for 2 hours.

You think I could get rid of the control lag in Dark Souls 1 by using a PS3 controller? If so what is best way?

What do you mean 'control lag'? I know it's become a nebulous term but input latency is quite a large and complicate chain from buttons to pixels that realistically your control over isn't that great. A wired 360 controller for example polls at 125hz though it's been a while since I've looked into it I seem to recall a Dual Shock 3 polling less but way more than enough that you'd be unable to tell the difference unless you were specifically testing for it. Display latency is the other factor you have control over and that is all on the signal processing time of your display and then it's pixel response times to update the display.

ezodagrom

500k is just not going to happen, not even close.
KT kept releasing sub-par ports for high prices, in some cases even charging the price of the PS4 versions for PS3 version ports. They've showed close to no improvements in their ports quality in their latest releases, and the numbers speak for themselves:
http://steamspy.com/dev/KOEI+TECMO+GAMES+CO.

I'd say there's very few that would trust in KT when it comes to a game ported from console to PC, and deservingly so.

Sarcasm

What do you mean 'control lag'? I know it's become a nebulous term but input latency is quite a large and complicate chain from buttons to pixels that realistically your control over isn't that great. A wired 360 controller for example polls at 125hz though it's been a while since I've looked into it I seem to recall a Dual Shock 3 polling less but way more than enough that you'd be unable to tell the difference unless you were specifically testing for it. Display latency is the other factor you have control over and that is all on the signal processing time of your display and then it's pixel response times to update the display.

1) Movement, top left joystick. When pressed all the way forward it most of the time doesn't register as full...so my guy slow walks instead. Mostly fixed by setting windows compatibility to Vista SP2.

2) Hit Attack, light attack top RB. 15 seconds later, character attacks.

#2 seems to be gone for the most part. It just getting tiring fighting the controller more than the game (especially since I don't even remember what I was doing/building stat wise)

Game runs at 60FPS.

Dr Dogg

1) Movement, top left joystick. When pressed all the way forward it most of the time doesn't register as full...so my guy slow walks instead. Mostly fixed by setting windows compatibility to Vista SP2.

2) Hit Attack, light attack top RB. 15 seconds later, character attacks.

#2 seems to be gone for the most part. It just getting tiring fighting the controller more than the game (especially since I don't even remember what I was doing/building stat wise)

Game runs at 60FPS.

15 seconds later? That sounds more like your controller than the game. If that was the case you'd see countless reports about it. Though as always with intended functionality, to properly test things out you're better off resting any modifcations. You tried it locked at 30fps or letting the game limit the framerate? Not that I had any issues with a 360 controller at 60fps over 40 odd hours and certainly not that long a delay in between button press and action on screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom