• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Those are optional though aren't they? If you're focusing on the main game, than that itself is pretty linear and straight forward, doing anything different in a particular area does not change the progression of the game.

Keep splitting those hairs. Can you do any of that in an Uncharted game? No. Do you have to do all the side stuff in a Zelda game to finish it? No. Do you have to acquire every upgrade or get 100% of the map in a Metroid game to get to the clear screen? No.

Sometimes I do wonder about you folks.

ezodagrom

I said, I'll do comparison of one day sales versus 90% discount on a brand new game, here it is:

before
amnesia_sales6vut7.jpg

after
Owners: 17,526 ± 3,235
iirc steamspy has a 3 days delay, so probably doesn't have the data for the whole sale, though it wouldn't make much of a difference in this case I guess.

I believe the old steam sale format (with the daily/flash deals) was better for smaller games, gave them more visibility than this everything at once sale...

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Space Engineers planets update is "bigger than Survival, bigger than multiplayer"

Space sim fans really are spoilt for choice at the moment when it comes to videos of buggies bouncing around the surface of explorable planets. David Braben appears to use his Elite: Dangerous Horizons dev PC for little else, and Keen Software House are now showing off the seamless landings it’ll soon be possible to make on the lush orbs in Space Engineers space.

Do we even need a No Man’s Sky now? The effort’s particularly remarkable given that Keen Software didn’t have any plans for planets when they started on Space Engineers’ public development two years ago.

Once on the ground, players can build without restriction, and leave for the void knowing their creations are persistent, there to be visited again (assuming they can find the same spot, of course). The idea is that now Space Engineers have access to terra firma, they’ll use it to dig in and make a home.

The plan is to deliver the Space Engineers planets update as part of the game's two year anniversary celebrations. Think you’ll connect a couple of planets together, like Rosa suggests?

MadGear

Nice, Capcom is sending out steam gifts of the Street Fighter V Beta.

I wonder if they are testing the lobby/invite system with the next beta in addition to increasing the stress level. Would love to be able to play a few rounds with a friend of mine although I'm pretty sure he would pick R. Mika only.
I also hope that they got rid of the option to play against players on the same system only. I don't even know why they would add something like this as a clientside option after promoting cross-platform play.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So, Just Cause 3 looks really bad for me.
It is extremly edgy and blurred and I don't know what the hell is going on.

Don't want to bombard the thread with a gigantic image, so I'll just leave the URL
http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...047/FD43E8F304239F208F1312CCFEDA41D389F0954A/
Is that normal?

Settings are:
V-Sync is on, 16x, 1920x1080
AA: SMAA_T2X
Texture/Water Quality: High
Tesslation: On
Lod Factor/Shadow Quality: High
SSAO: On
Motion Blur: Off
Edge Fade: Off
Global Illumination: On
Screen Space Refelctions: On
Bokeh whatever :Off

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Keep splitting those hairs. Can you do any of that in an Uncharted game? No. Do you have to do all the side stuff in a Zelda game to finish it? No. Do you have to acquire every upgrade or get 100% of the map in a Metroid game to get to the clear screen? No.

It's the exclusive game reality distortion field.

Tizoc

I don't see TR '13's upgrades being comparable as Zelda or Metroid series though.
In those games once you get a new skill or item you can go back to get an upgrade, and looking at TR's upgrade lists
http://tombraiders.net/stella/walks/TR9walk/upgrades.html
At least 1 category seems worth it for the combat, but the rest is just upgrades for getting more loot and EXP...in order to get more loot and EXP.

Been a long time since I played TR '13 though, but the one playthrough I played was sadly not encouraging enough for me to replay it again any time soon to give the exploration aspects of it a 2nd chance or view.

Arthea

Jaw asked if you're the accountant for Idea Factory.
We don't know if they are happy with Amnesia sales. Might as well be, considering the game sold ~12k copies when it was released on PSP.

oh c'mon, happy devs surely get their games sold at 90% discount right after release.

OTOH, screw explanations, everyone is happy with everything and porting is free and easy.
Am I doing it right?

And while we are at it, we'll be getting Trails TC, and other games in series announced on PC shortly.

nah, I just can't do it, optimism just doesn't sound right, even sarcastic one

Knurek

And while we are at it, we'll be getting Trails TC, and other games in series announced on PC shortly.

Only if someone sneaks in and takes the Falcom contract from PS4 exclusive publisher XSEED.

oh c'mon, happy devs surely get their games sold at 90% discount right after release.

Well, the game didn't chart at second week, so it really got 12k copies. On a PSP retail release, where profit margins are comparable with 90% off deal on Steam.

fertygo

Why we using semi-popular VN as barometer VN localization on steam might in lifeline than let say two superpopular title that rake in 1,75 million dollar combined at kickstarter?

Arthea

Only if someone sneaks in and takes the Falcom contract from PS4 exclusive publisher XSEED.

Well, the game didn't chart at second week, so it really got 12k copies. On a PSP retail release, where profit margins are comparable with 90% off deal on Steam.

yeah no, that has almost nothing to do with PS4 and has everything to do with poor steam sales, let's not get distracted here

you know this statement made no sense? just checking

Why we using semi-popular VN as barometer VN localization on steam might in lifeline than let say two superpopular title that rake in 1,75 million dollar combined at kickstarter?

popular almost always mean not good, just check best selling VNs on steam, if you doubt my words, no, not bundled, but best selling on steam.

and what kickstarter success have to do with steam sales again and with games that aren't on kickstarter, never was and never will be most likely?

Arthea

'Let's talk about which platform had the best games in 2015.'
'PC.'
'DON'T BULLY.'

I love Gaming side.

that's because when you ask questions like that you reap what you sow.
the best games of 2015 is the right question, this particular discussion is a platform war and has nothing to do with games, good or bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom