• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

15 seconds later? That sounds more like your controller than the game. If that was the case you'd see countless reports about it. Though as always with intended functionality, to properly test things out you're better off resting any modifcations. You tried it locked at 30fps or letting the game limit the framerate? Not that I had any issues with a 360 controller at 60fps over 40 odd hours and certainly not that long a delay in between button press and action on screen.

15 seconds is my side but the other one is common (it was where I got the tip for compatibility and overlay), even with both wireless and wired. #2 is mostly fixed due to that..hasn't come back.

It is just annoying having to wiggle and jiggle..move back and forth so my character actually moves and not take swag baby steps lol

(also can you help me figure out a build and stuff? I already have pictures)

dex3108

That's because they'll know people will jump through the hoops to get into the beta. It's sad that people are like that, it's even worse that others will exploit that need. I wouldn't be surprised if there are people out there now buying what's needed just to get into the beta.

Yeap i already saw few posts in Uncharted 4 Beta Stream thread that went and bought Collection just to play Beta.

Ludens

Banned
Yeap i already saw few posts in Uncharted 4 Beta Stream thread that went and bought Collection just to play Beta.

Well, the goal here is make people buy Uncharted Collection, in fact when Sony/ND/Whatever announced UC comes with no multiplayer, they suddenly said "Ehy, but there's this new, shiny UC4 Beta".

Yeah, people are basically buying beta access, plenty of people bought UC only to access a beta. This is even worse than Episode Duscae thing.

Turfster

Did you play this game? It's a stealth game but with no checkpoints, so if you fail or quit you're likely to start a mission or stage all over again
http://store.steampowered.com/app/391180/
Nope.
Wishlisted.

I just want the collection to replay the games with hopefully some fixes =p
I'm not willing to pay 70 fucking euros for it tho.

(But of course, all the BST copies are US account only keys probably)

Valkyria is a pretty good port though. Sega ports in general are fine, so it's time for them to bring more games over here.

But now that I looked at it, KT ports are doing HORRIBLE. I'm shocked by the fact that they're still trying to port more Japanese games to Steam. It's like they ported them for free or something. They don't give a fuck if no one buy their ports.
DW8XL was the first one, everybody had hope or bought into the hype, and the port was (apparently) ass, and then ever single one after has been ass. People have stopped dealing with their shit.

Ozium

Pachimari

Guys, right now, I'm asking everybody on my friend list what their GAF names are, so if you have me on your friend list, could you please send me a message with your GAF name?

It's just so that I know who everybody is. Thank you so much. :)

[edit]
Don't say EvilLore, I have fallen for that one already!

Dr Dogg

15 seconds is my side but the other one is common (it was where I got the tip for compatibility and overlay), even with both wireless and wired. #2 is mostly fixed due to that..hasn't come back.

It is just annoying having to wiggle and jiggle..move back and forth so my character actually moves and not take swag baby steps lol

(also can you help me figure out a build and stuff? I already have pictures)

Huh well fingers crossed you figure it out. Might want to try calibrating your controller through Windows (though that has always been a little flakey).

Regards to builds, I've never really played a Souls game with anything in mind. I just simple go and whack something as hard and as many times with what weapon I find. Alright a bit more complicated than that but I tend to look to weapons I like the feel of and build a character around that. I learn more towards slow heavy 2 hand swords or fast 1 hand swords and have a decent 100% block shield. What I do then is pump souls into the stats required to wield those weapons and then focus on getting 40 Stamina next and then balance the rest out when I need it for specific stats. The wiki at http://darksouls.wikidot.com/ is the reference I've used before but I get some folks don't want to dive in there for fear of spoilers. Really they're not bad games to play with a bit of trial and error and not get caught up in min maxing everything. at least the first time through.

dex3108

Well, the goal here is make people buy Uncharted Collection, in fact when Sony/ND/Whatever announced UC comes with no multiplayer, they suddenly said "Ehy, but there's this new, shiny UC4 Beta".

Yeah, people are basically buying beta access, plenty of people bought UC only to access a beta. This is even worse than Episode Duscae thing.

It is just sad but what cane we do.

I just want the collection to replay the games with hopefully some fixes =p
I'm not willing to pay 70 fucking euros for it tho.

(But of course, all the BST copies are US account only keys probably)

Make US account :D I have both UK and US because my country is not officially supported so i don;t see reason to not have both :D

Also expect tons of Far Cry Primal coverage today i think (press went to preview event this week) and new The Division videos and news should be soon up (i don't know exact date but there was also preview event for it possibly together with Far Cry Primal).

Dr Dogg

Two reasons why I use my US PSN account more these days.
1). Better prices and deals
2). No fucking Singstar adware under the games tab!

Another reason is 60hz PSOne games but I've got everything I want, for now at least.

Arthea

I don't think we talked about yet, but Tales of Zestiria didn't break 100K either.
Owners: 85,752 ± 7,155

And Trails.... well, see for yourself

Trails in the Sky
Owners: 147,719 ± 9,390

Trails in the Sky SC
Owners: 9,702 ± 2,407

I said, I'll do comparison of one day sales versus 90% discount on a brand new game, here it is:

before
amnesia_sales6vut7.jpg

after
Owners: 17,526 ± 3,235

yeah... even that drastic discount didn't help all that much, a pity really

btw

CLANNAD
Owners: 8,137 ± 2,204

Higurashi When They Cry - Ch.2 Watanagashi
Score rank: 100% Userscore: 100% Owners: 5,007 ± 1,729

apparently there is no much demand of good VNs on steam, only lewd ones. Oh well, now at least I know not to expect Steins Gate on steam ever.

Pachimari

Guys, right now, I'm asking everybody on my friend list what their GAF names are, so if you have me on your friend list, could you please send me a message with your GAF name?

It's just so that I know who everybody is. Thank you so much. :)

[edit]
Don't say EvilLore, I have fallen for that one already!

Oh, I just found the spreadsheet in the OP so I'm using that. But if you're name's not on there, I'll send you a message on Steam, hope you guys won't mind.

Tizoc

I can't agree with that. Both franchises have their ups and downs an beside that they are both treasure hunt TPS games there is not that much similarity.

OG Tomb Raider games and the 2000s trilogy are more Adventure games than action games. Then again I mostly remember them for their platforming and exploration than shooty bangs.

Sarcasm

Huh well fingers crossed you figure it out. Might want to try calibrating your controller through Windows (though that has always been a little flakey).

Regards to builds, I've never really played a Souls game with anything in mind. I just simple go and whack something as hard and as many times with what weapon I find. Alright a bit more complicated than that but I tend to look to weapons I like the feel of and build a character around that. I learn more towards slow heavy 2 hand swords or fast 1 hand swords and have a decent 100% block shield. What I do then is pump souls into the stats required to wield those weapons and then focus on getting 40 Stamina next and then balance the rest out when I need it for specific stats. The wiki at http://darksouls.wikidot.com/ is the reference I've used before but I get some folks don't want to dive in there for fear of spoilers. Really they're not bad games to play with a bit of trial and error and not get caught up in min maxing everything. at least the first time through.

Just tried the PS3 controller via SCP and it works flawlessly.

fyi this game is the only issue I have with the xbox one.

dex3108

OG Tomb Raider games and the 2000s trilogy are more Adventure games than action games. Then again I mostly remember them for their platforming and exploration than shooty bangs.

Even new TR is in my opinion different enough than Uncharted games.

Knurek

I said, I'll do comparison of one day sales versus 90% discount on a brand new game, here it is:

Owners: 17,526 ± 3,235

yeah... even that drastic discount didn't help all that much, a pity really

Before you give into despair, 17k is a good result for an OTOME VN.
Just look at Media Create Sales threads, VNs rarely break 20k in Japan.

Arthea

Before you give into despair, 17k is a good result for an OTOME VN.
Just look at Media Create Sales threads, VNs rarely break 20k in Japan.

yeah, but we talking 90% discount here, unless you forgot and it is a good VN, doesn't matter otome or no in this case, there is a difference

edited: not so much into despair thingy, just disappointed we won't be getting much if at all good VNs with tendencies like that.

edit2: while Trails numbers are prime fuel to despair, true

Are you running their books?

what?

Dr Dogg

If you want to get all reductive Tomb Raider (reboot series) has more in common with Metroid Prime or Zelda than Uncharted. Progression is through exploration and gated off by the use of aquired tools unlike the straight up linear progression of Uncharted. RotTR goes full on in this direction where as Uncharted has turned in to a globe trotting adventure largely focused on one and done set pieces with no control over speed, path or direction of progression.

If you want to get all reductive Tomb Raider (reboot series) has more in common with Metroid Prime or Zelda than Uncharted. Progression is through exploration and gated off by the use of aquired tools unlike the straight up linear progression of Uncharted. RotTR goes full on in this direction where as Uncharted has turned in to a globe trotting adventure largely focused on one and done set pieces with no control over speed, path or direction of progression.

What? The Tomb Raider reboot is completely lineal, it's nothing at all like Metroid Prime or Zelda.

If you go for 100% it isn't

Ah, ok, I never 100% games.

Story progression is as it is in practically every game that ever told a story but you are bounce around the same areas a few times. You also need to acquire equipment to access areas that have gated doors and inaccessible ledges and cavernous drops. You can also fast travel back to any base camp you want and go and clean up challenges, hunt animals, gain the salvage parcels and tombs you may have missed. That is not linear now is it.

I see your point but I still don't think it's anything like Metroid Prime or Zelda, in those games the backtracking is mandatory to progress on the story, you can play TR reboot just linearly like I did.

Dr Dogg

What? The Tomb Raider reboot is completely lineal, it's nothing at all like Metroid Prime or Zelda.

Story progression is as it is in practically every game that ever told a story but you are bounce around the same areas a few times. You also need to acquire equipment to access areas that have gated doors and inaccessible ledges and cavernous drops. You can also fast travel back to any base camp you want and go and clean up challenges, hunt animals, gain the salvage parcels and tombs you may have missed. That is not linear now is it.

Tizoc

Those are optional though aren't they? If you're focusing on the main game, than that itself is pretty linear and straight forward, doing anything different in a particular area does not change the progression of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom