• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

popular almost always mean not good, just check best selling VNs on steam, if you doubt my words, no, not bundled, but best selling on steam.

and what kickstarter success have to do with steam sales again and with games that aren't on kickstarter, never was and never will be most likely?
Pretty sure the recent rise of modern CRPG on Steam is helped a lot by super successful kickstarter title. Its rejuvenate the genre and audience.
Its can be a momentum to recognize which kind of title that can found the audience.

And I think you really jumping on conclusion real fast and thinking Amnesia is super hotshot title that flopping on steam
Even as VN fan something like Amnesia not interest me greatly.

Batman holding a gun looks dumb but I'm still super hyped for the movie.

Its probably not a projectile gun but some sort of disruptor.
maxresdefault.jpg

Psychonauts 2?

I hope not. Psychonauts was lighting in a bottle. Nothing DF has done since has ever come close. A revisit will probably end up being terrible.

Oh yeah? I see your meme and raise you this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3ovxxnw2yA

Apparently totalbiscuit's son has a tumor on his ear.

That family seems to have some of the worst luck I've ever seen.

Well thats not a terrible place to have it.

ezodagrom

sooooo, aside from Nep Nep games which games had no problems at release?

it was too hard to resist
Nep Nep games had problems at release though, crashing issues for some users in all 3 games, the first game was limited at 1600x900 originally, second game has weird music volume issues which haven't been fixed to this point (outside of modding), and the third game starts using way too much video memory after extended periods of time (possibly memory leak?)
I guess Fairy Fencer F would be one to launch without issues.

30 fps is not a problem?
For some it isn't, I guess...

wake up to the trailer for batman v superman and.....

it looks terrible.

michael cera is so cringeworthy

It looked real bad. The dialogue between Kent/Wayne was a really good start...and then it just went to shit. First trailer looked infinitely better.

Hype Subsiding.

Grief.exe

iirc steamspy has a 3 days delay, so probably doesn't have the data for the whole sale, though it wouldn't make much of a difference in this case I guess.

I believe the old steam sale format (with the daily/flash deals) was better for smaller games, gave them more visibility than this everything at once sale...

Except they never received that visibility as there were thousands of other games that would receive daily priority.

The old styke has been completely broken for a while now.

it looks terrible.

It looked real bad. The dialogue between Kent/Wayne was a really good start...and then it just went to shit. First trailer looked infinitely better.

Hype Subsiding.

Literally every comic book movie.

MadGear

it looks terrible.

Yeah, him and Gal Gadot. Ever since The Dark Knight I'm more open to actors that I don't think fit because Heath Ledger proved me wrong so hard but judging this trailer Michael Cera won't even come remotely close to that. And Wonder Women ... I think she is a lame character either way but Gadot makes her look even worse.

Eila

Pretty sure the recent rise of modern CRPG on Steam is helped a lot by super successful kickstarter title. Its rejuvenate the genre and audience.
Its can be a momentum to recognize which kind of title that can found the audience.

And I think you really jumping on conclusion real fast and thinking Amnesia is super hotshot title that flopping on steam
Even as VN fan something like Amnesia not interest me greatly.

Amnesia is an otome game, of course it's not going to sell gangbusters on steam.
I still bought it because 90% off, but I'm not really interested in playing it, either.

Kaleinc

Banned
I played her plenty in SSF4 5 years ago and I know what she does. I am not a baby that needs to cling to one character from a previous game to get enjoyment out of a new game.

Oh, Jaw, you are still standing there?
Ryu players don't have that kind of problem.

ExoSoul

Banned

Certain ground textures are better (accents and details), general ground textures are the same(?), buildings and character textures are the same but sharper while equipables are way better than they were.
Going by the shoreline view I believe the FOV is the same or only slightly increased but the depth and LOD has certainly been increased.

Its probably not a projectile gun but some sort of disruptor.
What he is holding on the other pic is either a nade launcher, a shotty with a nade attachement or a high caliber assault riffle.

rtcn63

Certain ground textures are better (accents and details), general ground textures are the same(?), buildings and character textures are the same but sharper while equipables are way better than they were.
Going by the shoreline view I believe the FOV is the same or only slightly uncreased but the depth and LOD has certainly been increased.

It doesn't appear to be burning my eyes like the original so that's good.

Still better boss fights than most action games released recently though. And to think I only played it due to my internet being out when I moved.
I'm still thankful that I had to play it too unlock the amiibo content because I would have otherwise missed out on a fantastic experience.

Wonder when Atlus will open the floodgates on PC. They're awfully late to the party. Their parent SEGA is all up in this, Atlus has to be cooking up something special. Persona 3+4, all PS2 SMTs, all rotting on legacy platforms. Vita shmita.
What, you don't like stuff like this?

535c34c2526aa3b756cd26ab511d3419.jpg
The girl is a horrible cast for Wonderwoman. Flat as a board and skinny. That's not how Wonderwoman is ought to be.
Not that I shame flat-chests or skinny girls mind you idiots who take offense.

Dr Dogg

Going by the shoreline view I believe the FOV is the same or only slightly uncreased but the depth and LOD has certainly been increased.

That'll be decent texture filtering and a resolution increase rather than any new assets.

I'm still thankful that I had to play it too unlock the amiibo content because I would have otherwise missed out on a fantastic experience.

Ah amiibo, the 'greatest' DLC of them all.

The girl is a horrible cast for Wonderwoman. Flat as a board and skinny. That's not how Wonderwoman is ought to be.
Not that I shame flat-chests or skinny girls mind you idiots who take offense.

OT but that's literally all you are doing, is shaming her just because she is "skinny and flat chested". Just because you say you you don't doesn't mean that you just didn't. So fucking stop it with that, it's insulting.

Judge someone on their acting skills and not how big her tits are, k?

OT but that's literally all you are doing, is shaming her just because she is "skinny and flat chested". Just because you say you you don't doesn't mean that you just didn't. So fucking stop it with that, it's insulting.

Judge someone on their acting skills and not how big her tits are, k?
Wonderwoman I know from comics does not look like that, k?

That's what I was trying to say. Oh and I already know her acting sucks from F&F.

Pachimari

It's such a "hard job" updating my whole friend list but I'm loving the organization of it now.

Gal Gadot is perfect looks wise for Wonder Woman. I don't read her comics though.

That's what I was trying to say.

It's still stupid. Imagine if it was you, and loads of people were saying you couldn't play a character you probably have a huge interest in because you are "flat as a board and skinny". I'll leave it at that but it's idiotic to judge her for that, when she could be the best for the role.

Yup, me too. It's a question of taste after all.

It has absolutely nothing to do with taste but ok. Whatever.

Kuroyume

Banned

That's what I was trying to say. Oh and I already know her acting sucks from F&F.

Which version of wonder woman? 100s of artists have drawn her throughout her history and her design has changed often. Kind of a dumb thing to say.

blanket statement much?

road to perdition, hellboy 1 + 2, batman begins + the dark knight, sin city and 300 were all good.

also what marvel is doing with netflix originals has some creative depth.

Yeah, I think the Daredevil series from Netflix is actually really good. Has nice character development, interesting villains, plausible situations and some of the best fight scenes I've seen. Episode 2's ending just made me love the series

Which version of wonder woman? 100s of artists have drawn her throughout her history and her design has changed often. Kind of a dumb thing to say.
Yeah, I was a bit harsh but it's more to how bland and bad the actress was in F&F. Only the one's I saw were WW muscular but there's definitely wild variations. It's similar to how it would be weird to see Spiderman as a bulky muscleman even though I saw some stuff, still would be weird to me.

FloatOn

Yeah, I think the Daredevil series from Netflix is actually really good. Has nice character development, interesting villains, plausible situations and some of the best fight scenes I've seen. Episode 2's ending just made me love the series

word. I'd love to see a daredevil game by rocksteady

batman has run it's course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom