• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

Darksiders 2 DE doesn't look too bad, shadows are kind of blocky and the game doesn't run too well on a 760gtx, it still stutters a bit with everything at low so I turn the graphics back on and locked it at 50hz/fps with some drops in some areas, but it's tolerable.

Would be nice if there's a camera mod because it's way too zoomed in and everything is like gigantic, with the moves where you dash back and forth all you see are biceps all over the screen.

darksiders2_2015_12_0fzqtk.jpg
darksiders2_2015_12_0sxpm8.jpg
darksiders2_2015_12_0dmorl.jpg
Don't resist. Jade Empire is awesome.

I've started waaay too many games, I'm slowly chipping away like 5 games every weekend lol, at least I got alan wake and american nightmare out of the way!

Hektor

They went to valhalla

They live, they die, they live again!

Wonder when Atlus will open the floodgates on PC. They're awfully late to the party. Their parent SEGA is all up in this, Atlus has to be cooking up something special. Persona 3+4, all PS2 SMTs, all rotting on legacy platforms. Vita shmita.

I can only write time and again what dirty, filthy things i'd do to get Persona on PC.

word. I'd love to see a daredevil game by rocksteady

batman has run it's course

WB isn't going to have their premiere DC comic video game studio working on a marvel property. They did it with Lego, sure, but why pay a license fee to a competitor when you could have a game done with your own license?

The closest thing to a Marvel Arkham game was that Captain America game that Next Level did for the consoles last gen and, sadly, that never got a PC port of any sort.

As an aside, I bought the prequels on blu ray right now because the star wars thirst is real. I don't even like those movies but i figure they would be cool things to have running in the background while i do chores.

The closest thing to a Marvel Arkham game was that Captain America game that Next Level did for the consoles last gen and, sadly, that never got a PC port of any sort.

It would be great to see it on PC, I'm pretty sure it's not on the level of the Arkham games but it looks like that cheesy kind of game you play over one weekend and end up enjoying it for what it is.

I can only write time and again what dirty, filthy things i'd do to get Persona on PC.
Seeing SEGA bringing Japanese games to PC, I think Persona - at least older ones at first - are a good bet. Maybe even next year. Can't see P5 coming for at least 2 years though.

zkylon

zkylewd
finished tales from the boredlands ep 1

story was great, but i can't help but man the playing in this game feels like crap. the qtes, timing on choices, the whole cursor thing, the extremely restricted areas in which you walked in, using that visor thing was super awkward, the really long action scenes, etc.

it feels really weird to play something that feels this dated when lis did choose-a-ton gameplay so much better and it didn't really do anything special or new, just gave you more freedom and made interacting work only with things you're facing. obviously rewind helped a lot but you know, basic stuff like walking is just way more enjoyable there

other than that i love totb's story and characters, they're all a lot of fun and i'm probably gonna burn through all of them in this long weekend. also the theme song is badass

Ludens

Banned
story was great, but i can't help but man the playing in this game feels like crap. the qtes, timing on choices, the whole cursor thing, the extremely restricted areas in which you walked in, using that visor thing was super awkward, the really long action scenes, etc.

So basically like EVERY TT game after they quit Sam & Max?

it feels really weird to play something that feels this dated when lis did choose-a-ton gameplay so much better and it didn't really do anything special or new, just gave you more freedom and made interacting work only with things you're facing. obviously rewind helped a lot but you know, basic stuff like walking is just way more enjoyable there

other than that i love totb's story and characters, they're all a lot of fun and i'm probably gonna burn through all of them in this long weekend. also the theme song is badass

So uh....every TT game ever?

WB isn't going to have their premiere DC comic video game studio working on a marvel property. They did it with Lego, sure, but why pay a license fee to a competitor when you could have a game done with your own license?

Lego handles the licensing. TT games doesn't really get much of a choice in the matter.

Yea Telltale games arent for me. I tried walking dead but I just couldnt get into it. It is not much of a game as it is a miniseries. i chose to just watch the real walking dead (which is probably worse story/acting wise)

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't really play many telltale games so i couldn't tell you

the two i've played before (walking dead and monkey island) were really different from each other so..

ITT blanket statements galore

in this case tho I agree

I'm pretty sure I own all of the TT games but after walking dead I just can't seem to find any interest in playing the rest.

If you haven't played the Borderlands one and have it, I seriously urge you to.

I'm saying this as someone who isn't all that wowed by Telltale games and gave up on Walking Dead. I'm pretty sure TotB will wind up in my GOTY top 5. At least, for PC.

Universal GOTY is much easier to do:
Splatoon 5 times.

Buraindo

Just had to use a glitch to get around a bug that was said to have been fixed in The Witcher 3. I really like the game but CDPR please.

Tales of the Borderlands is legit. Made me even get a teeny bit watery in the eyes at a point or two. Possibly the best Telltale game outside of TWD season 1.

Your choices do actually matter in the game and how the game's diamond of choices comes together at the end feels much more rewarding that the average TT game.

dex3108

I really hate when somebody asks me to help him/her and says it will call me tomorrow and never calls. Then i call them and they say that they can't do it today and it will call me tomorrow and again never call. -.-

Grief.exe

blanket statement much?

road to perdition, hellboy 1 + 2, batman begins + the dark knight, sin city and 300 were all good.

also what marvel is doing with netflix originals has some creative depth.

I'll give you Dark Knight, but that is mainly on the back of Heath Ledger. That movie is weirdly bloated when you rewatch.

Clearly, you have not seen Gnardians of the Galaxy.

I'd link it, but, obviously NSFW.

Guardians is a lot of fun to watch.

Parsnip

Bunch of bundle stuff from various things. Should all work.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Parsnip, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Gorky 17 -- MB-14DF0D21CF8FF825 - Taken by darkchewie
BloodRayne Betrayal -- MB-57421E6AE069420B - Taken by Madridista
Evoland -- MB-2D7A196A79D8066F - Taken by Spirited
Shadows on the Vatican Act I: Greed -- MB-8A15BC29261C83E7 - Taken by gurm3n
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition -- MB-7703FF95899F0F3E - Taken by Saty
Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-78C4642666669DCE - Taken by blackcrane
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate Plus Shooter Bundle -- MB-8B32450B70A6A94B - Taken by AcademicSaucer

Pachimari

I'm actually considering Street Fighter V on PC instead of PS4, now that it has cross-play. Yet I'm not entirely sure. Do I really have to pay €60 on Steam up front, or will they charge me on release date?

Road to Perdition
This is based on a comic book? Woah I never knew that. I really liked the film.

Lunaniem

I'm actually considering Street Fighter V on PC instead of PS4, now that it has cross-play. Yet I'm not entirely sure. Do I really have to pay €60 on Steam up front, or will they charge me on release date?

Steam charges you now but you can get a refund at any time before it comes out.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

zkylon

zkylewd
I really hate when somebody asks me to help him/her and says it will call me tomorrow and never calls. Then i call them and they say that they can't do it today and it will call me tomorrow and again never call. -.-
never help anyone!

Tales of the Borderlands is legit. Made me even get a teeny bit watery in the eyes at a point or two. Possibly the best Telltale game outside of TWD season 1.

Your choices do actually matter in the game and how the game's diamond of choices comes together at the end feels much more rewarding that the average TT game.
that's good to hear, i get the impression none of what i did in ep1 mattered a whole bunch but tbh i wasn't really expecting any different. maybe later but it doesn't seem like the game that's gonna be like CHOOSE WHO LIVES AND WHO DIES which is very refreshing for me as someone that felt twd was a bit much with that crap

The main reason i'll probably go PC for SFV is that I have a Saturn USB pad that I would like to use instead of having to buy a new pad that's PS4 compatible. So if you consider that there might be a hidden cost with getting it on the PS4 in that you might need to pick up a new stick or pad, well, it makes the PC version look more appealing in comparison

This is based on a comic book? Woah I never knew that. I really liked the film.

Do it! PC is the only way!

I pre-ordered in full on both platforms because I have a problem

Loader Bot will remember that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom