• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

If i enjoyed all the soulsborne games, divinity original sin, etc will I like Dragon's Dogma and why?

Dragon's Dogma is designed to feel more like a single-player MMO than Dark Souls. The combat is pretty good (relative to other similar games), but whether it keeps your interest depends on said fondness for MMO-ness.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Dragon's Dogma is designed to feel more like a single-player MMO than Dark Souls. The combat is pretty good (relative to other similar games), but whether it keeps your interest depends on said fondness for MMO-ness.

I enjoyed multiplayer MMOs, only single player ones I can think of are FFXII and Xenoblade Chronicles/Chronicles X which I played quite a bit of but never beat.

rtcn63

If you don't already own it, you can probably pick up Dragon's Dogma for cheap by asking around in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread. It was part of a Humble Monthly Bundle recently.

dex3108

It appears any JPEG/PNG/GIF/h.264 media can be used with VR View, provided they're panoramic equirectangular projections and the correct ratios. For example this 3D pano jpeg image. So existing hosts are already compatible it seems.

If the image were embedded inline rather than linked to, using something like [url=vr] [/url] wrapped around an image would hide any additional tags and provide a straightforward selector, though if the image were 3D/stereo people without such an embedder would see two stacked images when scrolling.

Friend of mine had another idea. Instead of using [url=vr] [/url] users could add ?vr in image url (.jpg?vr/.png?vr) and script could look for that.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The Indigala Store looks like something that is not trustworthy... Of course it is and people buy games there all the time but it looks somehow not professional...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Dragon Age: Inquisition feels awful lot like a singleplayer MMO from what I have played in these first couple hours. It reminds me a lot of Kingdoms of Amalur, another singeplayer MMO.

MUnited83

For you.
The Indigala Store looks like something that is not trustworthy... Of course it is and people buy games there all the time but it looks somehow not professional...
It's fine. Not everyone has great aesthetic sense :p. It's basically a crappy recolor of the Humble Bundle Store.
OK, then I wont buy Rogue Squadron and Rebel Assault there... Why the hell is IsThereAnyDeal listing them then?
Pretty sure he just means they have crappy bundles, that's it.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It's fine. Not everyone has great aesthetic sense :p. It's basically a crappy recolor of the Humble Bundle Store.

I now opted for Gamesplanet... I have not the best feeling regarding that shop either, but at least I now own all Classic Star Wars games on Steam.
I hope Shadow of the Empire comes to Steam at some point, too...

Coreda

Friend of mine had another idea. Instead of using [url=vr] [/url] users could add ?vr in image url (.jpg?vr/.png?vr) and script could look for that.

Pretty good idea actually. Thing about the Google VR View files however is that due to it being hosted on Google's servers it can't load WebGL image textures (ie: panos) from external sites unless CORS (Cross-Origin Resource Sharing) is set up correctly, otherwise it will error, which is all of the hosts I've tried (imgur, flickr, abload, uguu).

screenshot4fstv.jpg

Basically the entire thing needs to be hosted on the same server as the images are loaded from with CORS headers configured (or by adding img/video crossorigin attributes afaict but there isn't a way to do this with its limited default options). Not sure what else can be done, someone else may be more familiar. Might be possible by creating an extension instead.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
OK, then I wont buy Rogue Squadron and Rebel Assault there... Why the hell is IsThereAnyDeal listing them then?

Indiegala is completely legit what the fuck re you talking about

or, well, wtf was Deques talking about really

Deques

Not only crap bundles but everything they do seems half assed. For example all gift bundles cannot be added to your profile because the gifts work differently than if you would buy a bundle for yourself. Their layout designs are humble bundle wannabe design and also look terrible. I don't know if their shop looks like humble's ship now since I haven't been there in a long time

Despite all the negative I have toward them they are still a legit shop. There is no reason that itad shouldn't list them

Seeing Rogue One last night made me want to fire up a Star Wars RTS that has ground and space battles. Is that basically Empire at War or is there something else? And would that even be recommended?

Looks like it has some pretty positive reviews on Steam.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Indiegala are a trusted store so it is ok to buy from them

Indiegala is a trusted store and it's okay to buy from them, but for the love of god don't reuse a password there. Ideally, use a password manager such as LastPass to assign a unique 32 character or longer random password.

Their site is kinda... not well put together technically. But they do still have contracts in place directly from publishers so they are 100% legitimate.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 25 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Life of a Pixel -- MB-59D0059EB1040FB4 - Taken by MaxiLive. 7 entrants total.
ABC Coloring Town -- MB-1812E3313FD69CE7
Fabulous Food Truck -- MB-E959F1B3EA92D9B3 - Taken by wetflame. 4 entrants total.
Ultimate Word Search 2: Letter Boxed -- MB-5CBD886B29AEB573
Sinister City -- MB-BD2BDFE0F2881961 - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.
The Hidden Dragon -- MB-F0528A5B20C93983
Ludo Supremo -- MB-36C8D8028C5F5804
Mini Golf Mundo -- MB-C19F7D4DACEFC855 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
School Bus Fun -- MB-7C6A8CA34BBCFB7D - Taken by longlivegaming. 3 entrants total.
Fantastic 4 In A Row 2 -- MB-E4946EEB2155679F
Octave -- MB-9758BB9FAAE88233 - Taken by Natty1. 6 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock 2 -- MB-DE3C48D7A487F923 - Taken by darkchewie. 9 entrants total.
Kitty Cat Jigsaw Puzzles -- MB-B55817C9B02AAED6 - Taken by KenOD. 3 entrants total.
Lethal Brutal Racing -- MB-8323BCA84C4660F2 - Taken by voodooray. 1 entrants total.
Puzzles Under The Hill -- MB-D26E039A49CDE348
Mystery Of Rivenhallows -- MB-B3EBE7049E5CA5B3 - Taken by voodooray. 2 entrants total.
Barnyard Mahjong 3 -- MB-790C6B2E85EAF586 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Mahjong Deluxe 3 -- MB-8386A8F29E130C90 - Taken by voodooray. 2 entrants total.
Etaria -- MB-E8CEFC37A20B87D2 - Taken by Large Professor. 3 entrants total.
Chess Knight 2 -- MB-F1239F54AD5FA544 - Taken by Diedac. 1 entrants total.
Lethal Brutal Racing #2 -- MB-C729B36EA7D2BB07 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 2 entrants total.
Elems -- MB-BE43625A27EC1CBD - Taken by septicore. 2 entrants total.

Samphi -- MB-C73952ECF15DBAFE - Taken by user237. 3 entrants total.
Office Battle -- MB-149CDBE550DAB203 - Taken by rainking187. 3 entrants total.
Fantastic Checkers 2 -- MB-F027051716711A71

t1482004888z1.png

Seeing Rogue One last night made me want to fire up a Star Wars RTS that has ground and space battles. Is that basically Empire at War or is there something else? And would that even be recommended?

Looks like it has some pretty positive reviews on Steam.

It's pretty much your only option. The only other RTS (Rebellion is a strategy game, but I don't think it fits the bill as an RTS) is Galactic Battlegrounds, which is basically a reskin of Age of Empires.

Edit: Description of Rebellion on it's wikipedia side: "Although an RTS in the wider sense of the term, it belongs more to the genre of 4X games resembling Master of Orion. "

Anteater

I tried that moe ver of 3dmark, it looks cool, you can adjust hdr/camera/angle with keyboard shortcuts, no arbitrary resolutions tho

am I on a list now

Something else to keep in mind. Ubi is starting to get into the habit of removing their old games from Steam. So if you want to have those games on Steam, you might want to consider biting the bullet and buying them at the 50% discount we do get.

They're probably not gonna remove them, ubi probably going to be like Bethesda and continue to have crappy discounts so I have to get it on uplay ):

dex3108

Pretty good idea actually. Thing about the Google VR View files however is that due to it being hosted on Google's servers it can't load WebGL image textures (ie: panos) from external sites unless CORS (Cross-Origin Resource Sharing) is set up correctly, otherwise it will error, which is all of the hosts I've tried (imgur, flickr, abload, uguu).

Basically the entire thing needs to be hosted on the same server as the images are loaded from with CORS headers configured (or by adding img/video crossorigin attributes afaict but there isn't a way to do this with its limited default options). Not sure what else can be done, someone else may be more familiar. Might be possible by creating an extension instead.

I made a thread in gaming section to see if there is any interest for this at all.

Benedict

How do I connect my Steam account to Uplay?
I've followed the instructions here but I never get the option to link the accounts.
I've tried with Grow Home, South Park Stick of Truth, Rayman Legends and Valiant Hearts but no luck.

I thought it already was connected since I've played several of those games before, but the Steam link doesn't show up at my Ubisoft Account Information.
Maybe it's already connected but Ubisoft doesn't show it?

A game.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mavromatis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Minion Masters -- MB-A1CB50876554863D - Taken by Rockin' Ranger. 2 entrants total.

t1481996545z1.png

Nzyme32

How do I connect my Steam account to Uplay?
I've followed the instructions here but I never get the option to link the accounts.
I've tried with Grow Home, South Park Stick of Truth, Rayman Legends and Valiant Hearts but no luck.

I thought it already was connected since I've played several of those games before, but the Steam link doesn't show up at my Ubisoft Account Information.
Maybe it's already connected but Ubisoft doesn't show it?

Grow Home and South Park don't use Uplay on Steam. Perhaps that figures into that process. Never tried Valiant Hearts, but I'd hazard a guess that it is the same. Try a proper Uplay game like Assassins Creed or something

madjoki

Grow Home and South Park don't use Uplay on Steam. Perhaps that figures into that process. Never tried Valiant Hearts, but I'd hazard a guess that it is the same. Try a proper Uplay game like Assassins Creed or something

Valiant Hearts is uPlay.

header_292x136.jpg

Free at Bundlestars. You also get a free gift copy. You can give that gift copy to me if you want xoxo

Planning to use those as retirement fund?

Ludens

Banned
SW Battlefront really feels...incomplete. I mean, I played a couple of hours and it seems like there are only three maps, Hoth, Endor and the desert one. You need to spend good money to get variety in this game.

Amzin

The bitching about Steam sales in these threads has got to be the single worst thing about the sales or the threads anymore. I get it, the games YOU want aren't discounted AS MUCH as YOU want. Boo hoo. Every single sale it's the exact same complaints and those complaints go back years, even to sales that now are considered good. Yet every single sale I get emails from isThereAnyDeal with anywhere from 20-50% of my wishlist getting historic or new historic lows. That's 100 games, that aren't just +1 fodder, but things I actually want to play.

Seriously, it's a bunch of grumpy old people complaining about how kids listen to terrible music. It's whiny, removed from any objective analysis, and a waste of time. It also sounds pretty heartless to the devs that actually make the games that we enjoy, since they're the ones that suffer from free-fall discounts, if anyone.

Buy games that are worth it to you. Don't buy ones that aren't. There's even a 2 week, 2 hour window to return something if it doesn't click for you for the price you paid. It has never been easier to know if you spent your money wisely on a game.

I don't mind anime derails, Sony derails, SEGA derails, meme assaults, or any of the number of other things that make the community a community. But the same few people complaining the exact same way about the exact same thing they've been complaining about for literally years is just... dumb. After this rant I guess I'll just any I see on my empty ignore list but it is just frustrating to see such toxic refrain repeated so tenaciously with nothing achieved from it.

Edit: I swear I did not time this to be top of a page >.>

Annubis

The bitching about Steam sales in these threads has got to be the single worst thing about the sales or the threads anymore. I get it, the games YOU want aren't discounted AS MUCH as YOU want. Boo hoo. Every single sale it's the exact same complaints and those complaints go back years, even to sales that now are considered good. Yet every single sale I get emails from isThereAnyDeal with anywhere from 20-50% of my wishlist getting historic or new historic lows. That's 100 games, that aren't just +1 fodder, but things I actually want to play.

Seriously, it's a bunch of grumpy old people complaining about how kids listen to terrible music. It's whiny, removed from any objective analysis, and a waste of time. It also sounds pretty heartless to the devs that actually make the games that we enjoy, since they're the ones that suffer from free-fall discounts, if anyone.

Buy games that are worth it to you. Don't buy ones that aren't. There's even a 2 week, 2 hour window to return something if it doesn't click for you for the price you paid. It has never been easier to know if you spent your money wisely on a game.

I don't mind anime derails, Sony derails, SEGA derails, meme assaults, or any of the number of other things that make the community a community. But the same few people complaining the exact same way about the exact same thing they've been complaining about for literally years is just... dumb. After this rant I guess I'll just any I see on my empty ignore list but it is just frustrating to see such toxic refrain repeated so tenaciously with nothing achieved from it.

People are just saying that the new Steam sale format doesn't allow really low discount which most here used to take advantage of.

Jawmuncher

I will forever yell at my clouds.
But I can understand why it can be annoying. I brought it up last page since it fit. But I don't beat a dead horse about it. You won't see me popping up into sale threads and complaining about it.

I don't even mind these days. Majority of the time I buy my games from another site and once in awhile steam if they do go lower than expected. Works out for me, and I still getv free cards to make badges.

Jadax

Apparently I already have that Minion Masters thing, so here's one:

0*M73-LZWD4-_ _ _AZ

* 2x2
_ _ _ water, but 2 = Z

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I will forever yell at my clouds.
But I can understand why it can be annoying. I brought it up last page since it fit. But I don't beat a dead horse about it. You won't see me popping up into sale threads and complaining about it.

I don't even mind these days. Majority of the time I buy my games from another site and once in awhile steam if they do go lower than expected. Works out for me, and I still getv free cards to make badges.

you know when your annoying grandpa goes "back in mah day that only cost a nickel!"

thats what people that refuse to accept that shit changed sound like tbh. Yes, it was good while it lasted. move on. And its not just "valve sucks lol", every site is the same now, GMG, Amazon with their legendary discounts, publishers clearly cut down on heavy discounts. Because of course, for us, 66% isnt a heavy discount :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom