• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmarg

Developer donates ~60000 keys for their game to a charity drive with 100% of proceeds going to charity and nothing to the developer.

Neogaf responds:

Oh give it a rest, I'm the one arguing that it makes sense for them to limit the number of keys they release this way.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Three Fourths Home hit a little closer to, well, home than I was expecting, that was kind of a bummer not going to lie.

Neat little game tho, very well written, conversations feel natural.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
DooT Remastered isnt very long right? I havent played it in ages (well, the original) but I remember it being on the short side. Not Full Throttle short (I love that game but even wee little Rhaknar was like "wait...its over?" even back then) but it cant be very long, especially if I remember most puzzles.

edit:howlongtobeat.com says 5 hours, sounds about right

Sarcasm

I can only talk based on the Firefox extension. When you are on a website that you trust, you manually toggle the icon to green once, which means that the cookie will not be deleted.

Also, of course, cookies and website preferences should not be set for deletion every time you close your browser, otherwise you would lose the cookies or the website-dependent settings.

Well it works. Bad thing as I live in a different country, search engines defaulting to local language >.<

Sajjaja

*30 hours into the game you wander down an empty corridor with high walls that stretch into infinity*
Because your character has been seriously injured in a cutscene moments ago (the same cutscene killed your brother and/or sister depending on which gender you picked, so you are really hit in the feels as well), you forcibly slow-walk down the corridor until you reach the end. Standing there is a being of pure light with an angel halo.

<Ryder> Who are you? What is this?
<Angel> You have reached the center of the Andromeda Galaxy. We are your creators. We have been waiting since before the beginning of time for your arrival and we will wait until after the end of time for your command.
<Ryder> [Paragon] I don't understand. You... you brought us here?
<Ryder> [Renegade] Shut up and give me POWER
<Angel> [Regardless of above choice] Yes, we brought you here. We have been watching your development as a species. Many years ago we sent the Reapers, and the Prometheans, and the Leviathans, and all of the other species you have encountered to your home galaxy in order to guide your development. All to wait until this moment, where you, the chosen one arrived. Now you must decide the fate not only of the Andromeda Galaxy, but all galaxies.

* cut to Ryder's face, but there's an LOD issue so it kinda looks like s/he has no hair and one of their eyes is missing*

<Angel> What will you choose?

[Prompt]
1) I want to rule the whole universe
2) I want to destroy the whole universe
[Patched in v1.01] 3) I think we should work together to make a better universe

*regardless of selection, there is a fade to black. Nolan North reads a monologue over camera pans across planets.* Time flows like a river, from north to south, and as we make our way through these rapids, we sometimes run aground. But we keep fighting. We fight with our courage and our bravery, our guts and our cunning. We are all one.

*camera cuts to a windswept rocky barren* *camera pans up to a tombstone* *tombstone reads Rhyder* We'll never know what happened to Rhyder that day... but one thing we will know... is that things will never be the same as the way they were.

*Papa Roach's Last Resort begins playing* *credits scroll, approximately 2,700 people worked on asset outsourcing and QA*

Please Buy Mass Effect: Andromeda: Reckoning, the exclusive novelization of the video game Mass: Effect: Andromeda. We at BioWare love our fans!!! (Press A/X to continue) *returns to title screen*

*bow* *literally crying tears* GOTY GOTF I can't believe GameNutz only gave this a 9.8. Time to load up on BioWare Points for the DLC.

wobQw.gif

This post needs more love.

zkylon

zkylewd
Karnaca and to a lesser extent the Clockwork Mansion are the problem spots.

and that basement in the tutorial

that place is a nightmare lol

i gave up on dishonored 2, it runs so shit i'm gonna do the same i did with disho1 and wait a few years

the game has the same neglect for storytelling of the first so i just can't get too invested in it

probably should've bought deus ex instead

Planescape Torment's writing is living up to my expectations. The part where
you go to your own tomb
was pretty good.
yeah writing in planescape is really amazing

there's some really good shit with morde later in the game that's so great

Rhaknar

Laverne's section in DooT is doing my head in.

"Whoo hoo Mr Tentacle guuuuuy"

Did I read they had made passing items between characters easier or did I dream that? Because its getting old fast :/

zkylon

zkylewd
yea i'm totally hooked with dragon's dogma

installed that mod that gives u a higher weight limit and lets u sprint more and started just casually exploring and following off beaten paths and i just find the whole process really rewarding, even if most of the content is like filler quests and none of the characters or the world are interesting in the slightest (tho i do really love the berserk/demons souls esque artstyle)

and it's the same stalker loop of getting constantly distracted by hidden treasure and secret areas and surprise side quests and suddenly there's this giant fucking golem that i'm climbing to and wailing to for like what feels like 25 minutes. and then it turns night time and now you have to find shelter asap cos there's some really messed up shit lurking about there

and all the game rewards you with is more things to kill and really simple loot, but the way it distributes it and the way you go from point of interest to point of interest has that same adventurous quality from stalker i love so much

i switched classes a bit and there's some cool stuff with the magic archer and the warrior, and it's fun to just switch things around. i kind of want to try switching to mage for that levitation spell, that thing sounds fun

Knurek

Access Denied is out for less than $3. No idea how good the game is. I imagine it is similar to The Room, and I like the visuals which reminds me of Keep Talking and Bomb Squad Academy.

"Access Denied is a puzzle game in the world where for storage of personal data are used special device in the form of protected boxes."

English, person who likes his mother, do you speak it?

Phox

Banned
"Access Denied is a puzzle game in the world where for storage of personal data are used special device in the form of protected boxes."

English, person who likes his mother, do you speak it?
I read it back 4x and still don't understand.

Anno

God dammit Rimworld I don't want 12 Yorkshire Terriers to suddenly emerge from the brush and join my colony. You just want me to feel sad now that I have to butcher them and make some pants from their hides, don't you?

Mmmm... Rise of the Tomb Raider with 50% discount on Steam right now. Maybe it really is one of the games on the SE holiday pack? When do they unveil the contents? :D

Never gonna happen ;) It's a 6,5 euro box in Europe.
If I had to guess it's probably going to be Hitman first episode, a Final Fantasy game and old games like the Dead Island remaster. Just Cause 3 is probably too soon, but is very cheap nowadays, so it could be.

It's a mystery box situation, but they give lots of value every year. By now I just buy it out of yearly tradition. Last year was pretty good with Sleeping Dogs and Deus Ex MR.

Grief.exe

God dammit Rimworld I don't want 12 Yorkshire Terriers to suddenly emerge from the brush and join my colony. You just want me to feel sad now that I have to butcher them and make some pants from their hides, don't you?

Easy slaughter target.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
yea i'm totally hooked with dragon's dogma

Don't put off checking out Bitterblack Isle. It's basically a Souls inspired mini-sequel/expansion inside the game. It's intended as post game content, but you can start poking around fairly early and get an idea of what it's about.

Currently playing through AC Unity and (as most people know) it's quite a looker on PC, but even now after all the patches it's still a very buggy game with framedrops everywhere. Even on a 980ti/i7 combo and playing on 1080p.

The game itself is mediocre, I really hate all the forced co-op stuff, different chests you can or cannot open, the world map is also very confusing with way too many icons and the game doesn't explain itself very well, especially with all the different currencies. Going back to a single city after Black Flag also feels like a step down. That said, the core gameplay is still enjoyable and the murder mysteries are quite good. (Edit: obligatory: why do we need to use Uplay if we buy a game on Steam... I don't care about uplay points or multiplayer.)
Let's hope that the new game about Egypt is going all out next year, but I fear it's going to be an online focused game. I just hope they updated the engine because even when Syndicate was a much better game, it was still buggy as hell.

Laverne's section in DooT is doing my head in.

"Whoo hoo Mr Tentacle guuuuuy"

Did I read they had made passing items between characters easier or did I dream that? Because its getting old fast :/

It's always been there, even in the old version. Just use items on the character portraits.

Currently playing through AC Unity and (as most people know) it's quite a looker on PC, but even now after all the patches it's still a very buggy game with framedrops everywhere. Even on a 980ti/i7 combo and playing on 1080p.

The game itself is mediocre, I really hate all the forced co-op stuff, different chests you can or cannot open, the world map is also very confusing with way too many icons and the game doesn't explain itself very well, especially with all the different currencies. Going back to a single city after Black Flag also feels like a step down. That said, the core gameplay is still enjoyable and the murder mysteries are quite good. (Edit: obligatory: why do we need to use Uplay if we buy a game on Steam... I don't care about uplay points or multiplayer.)
Let's hope that the new game about Egypt is going all out next year, but I fear it's going to be an online focused game. I just hope they updated the engine because even when Syndicate was a much better game, it was still buggy as hell.

I have a sneaky feeling The Division's structure will be used as a template for Assassin's Creed Egypt.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just cars? Hmm... seems not worth it then for the deluxe edition. I already got Driver San Francisco a long time ago for a buck, but it's for Uplay

Well, and the "challenges", but if memory serves they're just single-objective missions.

zkylon

zkylewd
Don't put off checking out Bitterblack Isle. It's basically a Souls inspired mini-sequel/expansion inside the game. It's intended as post game content, but you can start poking around fairly early and get an idea of what it's about.
hmm yeah, i might

i kind of love the open land to explore so haven't felt super interested in going to that dungeon

Kinguin is having a sale and some stuff are below my regional which is rare. I got dead rising 2 off the record for 1 eur and steam activated no problem. Check it out id say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom