• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Dark Souls games passed 6M owners on Steam.

SteamSpy data:

• Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition: 2,809,918 ± 43,759 owners
  • DARK SOULS™ II: 1,078,124 ± 27,170 owners
  • DARK SOULS™ II: Scholar of the First Sin: 960,011 ± 25,643 owners
  • DARK SOULS™ III: 1,200,553 ± 28,667 owners

And these are numbers from June (Eurogamer):

• Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition has sold 1,977,541 (+/- 33,243) units on Steam
  • Dark Souls 2 has sold 994,455 (+/- 23,621) units on Steam
  • Dark Souls 2: Scholars of the First Sin has sold 256,772 (+/- 12,021) units on Steam

Dark Souls games passed 6M owners on Steam.

SteamSpy data:

• Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition: 2,809,918 ± 43,759 owners
  • DARK SOULS™ II: 1,078,124 ± 27,170 owners
  • DARK SOULS™ II: Scholar of the First Sin: 960,011 ± 25,643 owners
  • DARK SOULS™ III: 1,200,553 ± 28,667 owners

And these are numbers from June (Eurogamer):

• Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition has sold 1,977,541 (+/- 33,243) units on Steam
  • Dark Souls 2 has sold 994,455 (+/- 23,621) units on Steam
  • Dark Souls 2: Scholars of the First Sin has sold 256,772 (+/- 12,021) units on Steam

Kinda misleading to say 6 million owners when it's safe to assume there's gonna be lots of overlap. If you own all three games, you're not three owners.

Ozium

I crafted 3 badges in preparation and one didn't drop a card for some reason. Might send a claim to Valve for the 8-9 cents I missed out on.

are you sure about that? sometimes it will say you got 2 items and show you the emote and background, but if you check your inventory you will have received a card as well, it just didn't show it in the crafting results for some reason

Ludens

Banned
Fixed Hardline's black screen by disabling Origin in-game.
The game is fun, anyway, it's rare to see a game making you play as a policeman (arresting people etc).

Do you know if Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 comes with a single-player campaign? I mean one with a plot, not a simple player vs AI thing.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Just wondering, how reliable is the 2FA for Steam these days ? I used to have it on but removed it due to the fact that a lot of times the code displaying to enter didn't work half the time/wouldn't let me login. Is it a lot more reliable now ?

gngf123

Just wondering, how reliable is the 2FA for Steam these days ? I used to have it on but removed it due to the fact that a lot of times the code displaying to enter didn't work half the time/wouldn't let me login. Is it a lot more reliable now ?

I've never had it happen once, and I've been using 2FA since the market changes made it a requirement.

I had some free time and created this for 2016's Steam Winter Seal.

vNPSfk4.png

This has my vote

ParityBit

I have never really watched the steam sale before. Is everything discounted at the same time, or do the prices change once discounted?

I have a feeling I will be spending a good amount, but I am not sure how to play the sale ...

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I have never really watched the steam sale before. Is everything discounted at the same time, or do the prices change once discounted?

I have a feeling I will be spending a good amount, but I am not sure how to play the sale ...

It changed so that when the sale starts that's the price for the whole sale. So you won't lose out buying at the start compared to the end etc.

are you sure about that? sometimes it will say you got 2 items and show you the emote and background, but if you check your inventory you will have received a card as well, it just didn't show it in the crafting results for some reason

You were right! Valve narrowly avoids a trip to very very small claims court.

This is a bit weird. Why was my Game Industry Guardian badge updated?

It says it was unlocked 2 days ago ... before it was unlocked on my registration date (back in 2007).

Not that it matters, but I was surprised seeing it in my badges on my profile. Never seen it before.

Lunaniem

It says it was unlocked 2 days ago ... before it was unlocked on my registration date (back in 2007).

They made it so the badge updates every time you activate a game now.

fantomena

Three different answers, what will you do?

My reasonings:

1) Im not a game collector and I don't buy as many games as I did before.
2) 80$ is to me a shitload of money to use on a single trash-tier game.
3) The reasons above concludes with it being a stupid idea.

Deques

My reasonings:

1) Im not a game collector and I don't buy as many games as I did before.
2) 80$ is to me a shitload of money to use on a single trash-tier game.
3) The reasons above concludes with it being a stupid idea.
That's my reasoning too. I can't justify 80 dollars for a single game just for a +1. Could use the money to buy something better

https://help.steampowered.com/ -> Search for game -> Click game -> Click "I want to permanently remove this game from my account". You can re-enable the licences if you later change your mind.

I noticed that you couldn't re-enable games that you previously had Steam Support remove for you, so I tested to ask Support to re-enable it again, they responded very quickly and did so without any questions or hassle. Not that I thought that they wouldn't let me get it back, although it now being a delisted game could have been än obstacle, but I very rarely had such a quick and hassle free dealing with their support.

Uzzy

Those of you dissing EA are gonna be ashamed of your words when Mass Effect: Andromeda wins GOTY 2017.

Supergiant have a new game coming out, probably in 2017. So that'll be the real GOTY, at least amongst those with taste like all you fine folk here in SteamGAF.

That's why I'm trusting you all to do the right thing and make sure ROTR doesn't get into SteamGAF's top ten for this year. That is all.

Erekiddo

I enjoyed what I played of The Division but didn't get a chance this weekend to play it more than an hour or so.

Thoughts on it being $25 again during the sale?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
What was good about Asylum's story? Titan crap was the only development in that game's narrative and that only led to the worst final boss ever.

2018 GotY

Story itself wasn't amazing (like City's) but the pacing and structure of that story were a lot better than City's. The story for that was all over the place.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Kinguin is having a sale and some stuff are below my regional which is rare. I got dead rising 2 off the record for 1 eur and steam activated no problem. Check it out id say.

CIV 6
-40%
Was: £53.99
New Price: £32.39

lol who are they kidding, their sale price is more than retail

Monooboe

I enjoyed what I played of The Division but didn't get a chance this weekend to play it more than an hour or so.

Thoughts on it being $25 again during the sale?

I really liked The Division, so much so that it actually is in my top five GOTY list, or was at least, think I need to put FF 15 there somewhere.

I think they will at least match the price during the sale, might even go lowered in one of those sneaky Ubi-dailies.

Nzyme32

Not that it matters, but I was surprised seeing it in my badges on my profile. Never seen it before.

Seemingly no one has noticed this, but it now gets updated every time you add a game to the library - so for some of us who seem to acquire new games than they do other badges - you can expect to see it perpetually in your badge section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom