• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParityBit

Someone can correct me here if I'm wrong but I believe mostly everything is put up at once and lasts until the end of the sale, the only thing I can recall being different is Ubisoft putting some of their games on sale at different times throughout the sale. It was something like that.

Sale starts from Dec 22nd until Jan 2nd 2017 I believe.

Thanks! I can't wait. I want to use my new monitor/video card!

The Witcher 3 is a MUST .... no idea what else.

I gave away my magic acorn in the Witcher 3.

I am not even mad.

XrZeD2q.gif

For fuck's sake I want to play some stealth action why I can't get a better average FPS than 15 on Hitman why can't I jump while sprinting in Dishonored 2 why is this happening on a RX 480 with up to date drivers what the fuck is wrong with these ports

zdenko1

they all support controllers as far as I know but it will have K&M prompts in tutorial and whatnot

legends has a crashing issue so during one of the levels you have to disable the "next gen" setting, otherwise all 3 games played well on my end

I played all three with a controller. It was fine. That said, they are from a time where control schemes didn't have a "standard", so you might find some questionable button mapping.

Sad that we never got the Underworld DLC. It's XBOX 360 exclusive, IIRC.

I somewhat expected that prompts will be broken but if it's playable I have no problems with it. Thanks for help.

Knurek

Later, Scaramucci added, “You’re saying that you do, and you’re saying the scientific community knows, and I’m saying people have gotten things wrong throughout the 5,500-year history of our planet—human history, I should say.”

Trump's advisor on climate change.

eeeeb548331db6818a7c2253b0eda1e2.jpg

Anteater

what level is she

my problem is that friends' pawns are either like level 2 or a billion

someone use mine ;_;

45, no need to hire pawns levels above you tho, always hire lower level pawns unless you desperately having troubles which never happens in the main game!

I remember really enjoying TR Legend on 360. Never got Anniversary or Underworld. Should I?

Yeah get anniversary, Legend is similar to anniversary but Legend is the worse game between the two, but the 3 games all focused on different stuff, underworld is sorta weird too because they remade a lot of the animations so while it feels incredibly clunky it also has super great animations, imo it's not as good, but worth playing, honestly you can't go wrong with those games, they're fun to play

Tizoc

First person to PM me gets a 25% discount coupon for Nitroplus Blasterz
Code will expire in under 12 hours btw.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Why are girls in anime such prudes?

Depends on the show, but I can say as I've seen the series in question that gif is from that it's out of context. XD It's a comedy anime about a group of people waking up and realizing they have superpowers and then random super power battles become part of their daily cycle. The line is never actually said and I believe the context was that the protagonist (who has a super deep interest in people's super powers) had taken special notice of her strengths and weaknesses, which is why they're by a white board, I think it was a scene they were talking strategies.

EDIT: Yeah, that was the show. "When Supernatural Battles Become Commonplace" is the name. It was animated by a studio known for extravagant animations, so everyone in the show moves pretty exaggeratedly.

6ba.gif
tumblr_ndo4mnqfhK1sk7k7mo1_500.gif

And the character in the gif in question is kind of the 'straight girl' who wants to be normal despite having a pretty OP superpower (I think her power was time manipulation, it's been a while so I can't fully remember).

3ec65cc5d90373ac1d4d271a65450d451412620889_full.gif

Kagemusha

Steam Inventroy Helper is working for me. I heard its owned by Russian gamblers and may not be safe? Am I already dead? I've made $3 so far just listing backgrounds and emotes.

zkylon

zkylewd
45, no need to hire pawns levels above you tho, always hire lower level pawns unless you desperately having troubles which never happens in the main game!
don't tell me things i already know :>

i'll look for ur pawn 15 levels from now

i feel like the pawn stuff would be better if they didn't level tho

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fuck bears, apparently I need a tank to kill one >_>

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that snowy survival game, the one that people were raving about last year, its still in early access right?

I forget the name because im old and terrible with names in the first place.

Long Winter? Long Something?

Orgen

Just finished To the Moon. Nice little game where the OST makes it better due to its quality (didn't find the story as "teary" as some others mentioned but it was good at least).

Erekiddo

Anyone have experience with the Nvidia Shield K1? Looking to steam Steam games from my upstairs computer to my TV downstairs.

Tried the Steam Link plugged hardline into the new Google Wifi puck that came out, and it still runs like horseshit.

Regginator

Guys, lately when I launch certain applications (for example the Steam client) I get some new window displaying "KB RAM Released" and "Process Terminated" with a percentage going up in the middle. Then it gives me some error saying "Windows Security Service is disabled, click here to enable it", but when I click on it nothing happens.

It doesn't do anything at all, it kinda annoys me. Is there a way to disable it? It looks like this:

meterdzsxq.png

Kiru

Guys, lately when I launch certain applications (for example the Steam client) I get some new window displaying "KB RAM Released" and "Process Terminated" with a percentage going up in the middle. Then it gives me some error saying "Windows Security Service is disabled, click here to enable it", but when I click on it nothing happens.

It doesn't do anything at all, it kinda annoys me. Is there a way to disable it? It looks like this:

meterdzsxq.png

Uninstall that malware yo.

Maybe run malwarebytes and see if it solves the issue (it's free)?

Kyougar

meterdzsxq.png

be wary if this program tells you, you won an iPhone

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

meterdzsxq.png

what is this nonsense

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Pixel Puzzles 2: Anime -- MB-CB02A62A8A11D959 - Taken by Reverse Flash

Uzzy

I've been playing Dishonoured 2 recently, and the games inability to spell aside, I've been finding it quite fun.

That said, the intro felt rather rushed, and didn't exactly do a great job of setting the stage for the game. It's also a bit disappointing that the pre-mission areas where you just have to get to the start of each mission aren't fleshed out more, giving you a proper opportunity to explore the world that Arkane developed, which is genuinely interesting to me. Some more, larger areas that you could explore and interact with, without worrying about the guards instantly attacking you, would be nice. Maybe we get those later in the game?

Drakhyrr

So I've just finished Duke Nukem Forever plus The Doctor Who Cloned Me DLC, and I must say, I didn't think it was really bad.

Well, of course, I could see where the game could be better, and wish you could just carry all guns around like old Duke Nukem 3D, and the level design was completely amateurish a lot of time... Yet, the actual running and gunning felt pretty good. Somewhat close to the older game at times. Or maybe I'm easy to please.

I did laugh at the stupid humor occasionaly, though as everyone probably knows, it goes way too far at times.

I hope the new Doom is a good enough incentive to go back to the roots and make a game closer to the original. Though perhaps they might prefer to let it die and not have to deal with the whole machismo controversy anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom