• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
So I've just finished Duke Nukem Forever plus The Doctor Who Cloned Me DLC, and I must say, I didn't think it was really bad.

I hope the new Doom is a good enough incentive to go back to the roots and make a game closer to the original. Though perhaps they might prefer to let it die and not have to deal with the whole machismo controversy anymore.

Give it to Flying Wild Hog and they'll do the game justice.

Parsnip

Guys, lately when I launch certain applications (for example the Steam client) I get some new window displaying "KB RAM Released" and "Process Terminated" with a percentage going up in the middle. Then it gives me some error saying "Windows Security Service is disabled, click here to enable it", but when I click on it nothing happens.

It doesn't do anything at all, it kinda annoys me. Is there a way to disable it? It looks like this:

meterdzsxq.png

Little googling seems to suggest that it's Game Booster that comes with 360 Total Security.

It's probably useless in actual game boosting.

Drakhyrr

Give it to Flying Wild Hog and they'll do the game justice.

True, Shadow Warrior (I haven't played 2 yet) was completely in another league compared to DNF. I also can't forget how they took a character like Lo Wang and actually managed to use him to make a good story.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
modbot should maybe sort hot stuff first and maybe go alphabetical after that but i don't know if it actually works so *Shrug* anyway, should make giveaways a little easier to scan at a glance.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
modbot should maybe sort hot stuff first and maybe go alphabetical after that but i don't know if it actually works so *Shrug* anyway, should make giveaways a little easier to scan at a glance.
Thanks.
The last giveaway with the ass long list was horrible to lookthrough.

rtcn63

Batman: Ah, Ace Chemicals (the chemical plant). There's where so-and-so must be manufacturing the toxin (a chemical).

Arkham Knight pls

Little googling seems to suggest that it's Game Booster that comes with 360 Total Security.

It's probably useless in actual game boosting.

Even if it was useful, you're supposed to pump your games instead of boosting them.

I totally beat all of Tits with the stutter. I just accepted it as a feature.

It wasn't going to stop me from beating it and it wasn't more than a slight annoyance, but it's a feature I'll gladly get rid of.

zkylon

zkylewd
I've been playing Dishonoured 2 recently, and the games inability to spell aside, I've been finding it quite fun.

That said, the intro felt rather rushed, and didn't exactly do a great job of setting the stage for the game. It's also a bit disappointing that the pre-mission areas where you just have to get to the start of each mission aren't fleshed out more, giving you a proper opportunity to explore the world that Arkane developed, which is genuinely interesting to me. Some more, larger areas that you could explore and interact with, without worrying about the guards instantly attacking you, would be nice. Maybe we get those later in the game?
yeah they somehow managed to rush the setup even more than in disho1, and that one was already really bad

i'm really disappointed with how lazy that opening section feels

NeoRaider

Batman - The Telltale Series is soooo good. Finished first 3 episodes and i like it a lot so far. It's little more watching than playing with action and exploring here and there but still... story is very good, great acting, characters, twists... i recommend it.

First episode is kinda meh, just an intro i would say. 2nd and 3rd were bith great imo.

Grief.exe

Guys, lately when I launch certain applications (for example the Steam client) I get some new window displaying "KB RAM Released" and "Process Terminated" with a percentage going up in the middle. Then it gives me some error saying "Windows Security Service is disabled, click here to enable it", but when I click on it nothing happens.

It doesn't do anything at all, it kinda annoys me. Is there a way to disable it? It looks like this:

meterdzsxq.png

When you know it's time to reformat.

Yeah, I highly recommend Batman as a pick up for the winter sale. Best thing TT has done since Tales of Borderlands I feel

Great news.

Apparently it went -25% off in the last sale. Hope it goes a bit more off, but I'm not holding my breath. TellTale seems to have figured out the release schedule for their games to avoid the -50% off problem.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
It'll probably be up in a second.

As a heads-up, there's a hidden cryptic puzzle in the demo to unlock an item in the main game, if want the instructions I will link them here once the demo has been up for a bit.

Wok

It'll probably be up in a second.

As a heads-up, there's a hidden cryptic puzzle in the demo to unlock an item in the main game, if want the instructions I will link them here once the demo has been up for a bit.

How do you know that? Has the demo been leaked already on consoles?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
How do you know that? Has the demo been leaked already on consoles?

Did a livestream of the PS4 demo and worked with others to uncover the secret and then made a big GAF topic on it, it was a fun process to discover but the instructions ofh ow to are entirely cryptic. If my stream didn't blow up and wasn't working with GAF and Reddit to solve it, probably wouldn't of alone. XD;

But keeping the save file from the demo who's solved the puzzle will unlock something in the final game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Great news.

Apparently it went -25% off in the last sale. Hope it goes a bit more off, but I'm not holding my breath. TellTale seems to have figured out the release schedule for their games to avoid the -50% off problem.

It was (is?) 50% off on wingamesstore but its a telltale key. 50% on steam would be one of the few sure things I would buy.

def sim

Dead by Daylight is p fun. Playing survival with friends and family during the free weekend convinced me it was worth the purchase.

Playing against strangers as a killer though? Dang, people sure get mad.

def sim

I still haven't gotten around to that demo despite downloading it on console. I'll probably pick it up on PC, anyway, barring any irreparable issues.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Its amazing how many of DotTs puzzles I still remember.

zkylon

zkylewd
Its amazing how many of DotTs puzzles I still remember.
how is the remaster? grim was really good at least, and yeah like you i just instinctively remembered so many puzzles

i never played much of day of the tentacle back in the day, so i'd be going pretty blind. i'm curious how i'd like it

Rhaknar

how is the remaster? grim was really good at least, and yeah like you i just instinctively remembered so many puzzles

i never played much of day of the tentacle back in the day, so i'd be going pretty blind. i'm curious how i'd like it

Its fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom