• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

I see Square is doing an event to celebrate 30 year anniversary for Final Fantasy

But where is the Konami event for the 30 year anniversary for Metal Gear?

:(

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Haha, fuck off Cubic Bundle.

bafb4a689d9f2dbc8e8da3a79c217fc6.png

My games aren't even out yet. Your mass list emailing won't get me to send keys out into the wild so early in my title's lifespan!

Dusk Golem

Okay, so I know it's not a good idea to post Steam Guard stuff, since privacy and all that. But I already used this token and expired so it should be all good.

But I just had a good laugh. The steam guard code was literally "WWWUT".

I both love and hate the Steam Guard system. Having you sign in every so often with your phone on hand isn't hard, just a bit repetitive. It's even worse as a developer since you have to log in like twice to do things in the developer panel, and it seems to refresh every 12 hours. But I'm not against extra security.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I assume Steam doesn't instantly delete expired licenses server side, which is why it's delayed.

It does (well, perhaps not literally instantly as the Free Weekends ended around 10 hours before they came to mind again). The licences are no longer listed in my account history.

derFeef

Okay, so I know it's not a good idea to post Steam Guard stuff, since privacy and all that. But I already used this token and expired so it should be all good.

But I just had a good laugh. The steam guard code was literally "WWWUT".

I both love and hate the Steam Guard system. Having you sign in every so often with your phone on hand isn't hard, just a bit repetitive. It's even worse as a developer since you have to log in like twice to do things in the developer panel, and it seems to refresh every 12 hours. But I'm not against extra security.

Heh. If there is a FFCKU or similar I am going to screenshot that.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
yup Day of the Tentacle still completely holds up, its as smart and funny as it was back then. Cant believe I remembered like 90% of the puzzles too (I did play it multiple times back then, but still). I bet ill remember even more of Full Throttle when it releases, I played that game all the time when I was a kid.

47 games now, guess I will finish the challenge afterall.

It's the LucasArts curse. Those games are all amazing, but I'll never be able to replay them without blazing right through as those puzzles are burned into my brain.

Tizoc

OK Driver San Francisco is awesome. I can win races just by controling oncoming cars, destroy the opposition/taking them out of the race and I win by default.

Dusk Golem

So question here for StamGAF'ers, I just want to get some objective opinions right now as I'm getting to a point I'm about to run through every room of the game and make changes, so I thought I might try something and ask for those who are interested's feedback on a little game of mine.

I'm asking if anyone on SteamGAF here wouldn't mind lending me an opinion on my small little niche & odd horror game.

Red Haze on Steam

It's an RPG Maker Horror game with not the most impressive doodily visual style, releasing on January 13th for $1.99. I'm not expecting it to be a big hit or anything but I am putting some effort into it, so I wanted to gather some feedback from people who wouldn't mind here to help shape it up before release.

Synopsis: Red Haze is a cryptic horror take on the classic Red Riding Hood story, featuring a girl named Rockette who's a drug addict. She goes to meet her dealer, an older woman by the name of Aunti G, but begins to hear a strange voice talk to her from within the walls.

The game utilizes a branching system, it monitors and changes things based on player behavoir (everything you do sets off many different hidden counters that makes slight adjustments to the game), and the game itself has 27 endings with many, MANY branching pathways (in a single playthrough, you'll probably only experience about 5-15% of the game, but each thing you do on a previous playthrough makes changes in future playthroughs). It's using a few very unorthodox gameplay design decisions, with a focus on atmosphere.

The current build out is a 'demo' build, has the first two main locations and 5 (of 27) endings currently available (but more the early ends and they're a bit hidden). Some pathways are far more fleshed out than others, but I would like to get an opinion. Works on PC & Mac.

If anyone is interested just either PM me or reply to the post and I'll PM you, can pass along some Steam keys and I am incredibly appreciative of those who take the time to give me feedback. It's a bit of a rough game so I expect some criticism, but that's a-okay.

gelf

OK Driver San Francisco is awesome. I can win races just by controling oncoming cars, destroy the opposition/taking them out of the race and I win by default.
Game was criminally overlooked at the time it came out. The car possession mechanic is just wonderful.

madjoki

It does (well, perhaps not literally instantly as the Free Weekends ended around 10 hours before they came to mind again). The licences are no longer listed in my account history.

Well, I just got my popups so here's some concrete proof:

xGjTbvD.png

Code:
http://storefront.steampowered.com/v/index.php?gpdata=gift,expire,145079,381210&l=english&cc=FI&client=1&appID=381210
http://storefront.steampowered.com/v/index.php?gpdata=gift,expire,144988,365590&l=english&cc=FI&client=1&appID=365590

Also sometimes it's sloow: I still have Raw Data from few months ago listed in account details and it can be installed (don't have VR device, so can't test).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, I just got my popups so here's some concrete proof:

xGjTbvD.png

Code:
http://storefront.steampowered.com/v/index.php?gpdata=gift,expire,145079,381210&l=english&cc=FI&client=1&appID=381210
http://storefront.steampowered.com/v/index.php?gpdata=gift,expire,144988,365590&l=english&cc=FI&client=1&appID=365590

Also sometimes it's sloow: I still have Raw Data from few months ago listed in account details and it can be installed (don't have VR device, so can't test).

I'm still not seeing anything on my end, but I'll take your word for it. I didn't add the subs to my account immediately, so perhaps the pop-ups will appear later.

So question here for StamGAF'ers, I just want to get some objective opinions right now as I'm getting to a point I'm about to run through every room of the game and make changes, so I thought I might try something and ask for those who are interested's feedback on a little game of mine.

Quick question: Jump scares?

Wok

- Get an actual physical notepad and pen and take notes instead of using a FAQ
- No, really, don't use a FAQ
- You don't need a FAQ
- Don't use a FAQ
- There are no puzzles in Myst that require you to look up the answers in a FAQ
- You can solve the puzzles yourself, I promise
- If you absolutely have to cheat, you should talk to people who have played instead of looking up the answers in a FAQ
- If you want to look up the answers in a FAQ, don't even bother playing, just watch a 2 minute speedrun video and say the game.

I completely disagree with this. The in-game FAQ (if this is what you pointed out) is awesome and does a very good job at giving hints without spoiling anything.

Riven is about 200 times harder than Myst. Good luck.

The real problem for me with Riven is that it is not realRiven, I mean 3D free-look without transitions.

i beat the witness by my lonesome, i think i'll be alright
(famous last words)

Myst is harder. I think I spent the first 2 hours running around.

i feel like i know that game from playing the witness tho

True.

Kifimbo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Sinister City -- MB-1D93BF3606005E1F - Taken by Hakkelus

Tizoc

Right so here's my plan for today
Watch Rogue One
Finish writing up the Winter Seal and WS Recommendation threads
Watch some more Stranger Things
Continue to clear the backlog

Wok

The current build out is a 'demo' build, has the first two main locations and 5 (of 27) endings currently available (but more the early ends and they're a bit hidden). Some pathways are far more fleshed out than others, but I would like to get an opinion. Works on PC & Mac.

How long is the 'demo'?

Dusk Golem

How long is the 'demo'?

Hard to guarge due to how the game does many different paths. But it's not entirely too long, some paths you could reach the current dead end in about 15 minutes, other paths maybe 30-40 minutes.

The game doesn't really follow a linear line past the beginning, basically when you go downstairs a variety of options open up to you, starting with two choices, and then some more, and before you know it there's a web of possibilities.

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Plith -- MB-BA82A0998B2C84FC - Taken by Purkake4
Samphi -- MB-E13056CE4F4C4414 - Taken by rainking187

neoemonk

I'm visiting relatives for Christmas and only have my underpowered MacBook Air with me, so it looks like it's time for me to dive into Read Only Memories and Stardew Valley!

Knurek

I'm visiting relatives for Christmas and only have my underpowered MacBook Air with me, so it looks like it's time for me to dive into Read Only Memories and Stardew Valley!

Don't start Read Only Memories now, there's a voice acting patch coming out in January.

Ludens

Banned
I think you just missed it.

No I bought it, I want to know when it unlocks.

Also:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

uO6NMdV.png

Mystery Game -- MB-B0056D8FF8BD8941 - Taken by MaxiLive

You know what would've made the Ubisoft 30th anniversary great? If one of the free games happened to be Peter Jackson's King Kong The Video Game.

Aaron D.

I love when it's been long enough that a seasonal Easter egg catches me completely off guard.

Randomly firing up Crusader Kings II yesterday brought about this.

As I was sitting by the fire with the Christmas tree all lit up, it just put the biggest smile on my face.

Maybe there's life in this cold, dark heart after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom