• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Get ready kids for 'Switch Console Exclusive'!
Seasons of Heaven Trailer. (Switch exclusive, trailer = PC footage.)

RE7 |OT| Poor man's Outlast
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Second run through the RE7 demo, got further. Also the
molded in the basement looks like Swamp Thing.

RE7 |OT| The House that Evil Built

RE7 |OT| Hunting Ground

Yo Dusk if you are helping in making the RE7 OT, here's some more suggestions
RE7 |OT| Home Sweet Home
RE7 |OT| House of the Dead

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Finished Flame in the Flood, the campaign, theres a endless mode if thats your thing. Great game, easily top 10 of the year for me, and finally a survival game made for me. Not too hard, not too cryptic, I loved the art style, the soundtrack is fantastic, its not very long (7 hours with about 4 or 5 deaths), had a nice checkpoint system and has a nice sense of progress unlike more survival games I tried. Top notch all around, get on it if you got it from the humble monthly.

edit: Nitroplus voucher ends today ;_;

You're the first person ive seen buy that game on ps360. Hell, i forget it came out for that gen all the time. Was it a good port?

My computer was garbage at the time and no ps4/xbone so my hand was a bit forced. As for the port, it was pretty solid for what it was. There was hella pop in but from what I remember it was mostly 30fps with a few dips here and there. What really amazed me were the graphics. I remember it looking realllllly good for a ps3 game

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
https://www.bundlestars.com/en/
Bundlestars Winter Sale has begun and there is a discount code
WINTERSALE10

right off the bat I see The Secret World Ultimate Edition 75% (plus the voucher) which is a first I think, that fucking game is always only 66%

edit: those recent nepnep games are also cheaper than ive seen them, but those always go down really fast anyway

edit: 75% on Cladun X2 is a first FOR SURE, we mock how its never discounted

Holy shit.

Supply Drop Preview Beta
posted by DecoyOctorok @ 06:59PM on December 19, 2016
Hey Gungeoneers,

First, the sad news; the Supply Drop Update as a whole needs a little more time to cook before we're ready for a full release, and with the upcoming holidays, this realistically means we won't be ready for launch until January.

While we're disappointed to report this, we also have some good news... the majority of the Supply Drop is ready to go, so we're releasing these portions on the public beta branch today. If you'd like to start playing with these right now, you can switch to the beta easily in Steam by right clicking Enter the Gungeon, going to Properties, opening the Betas tab, and choosing "beta_public" from the dropdown. Steam should automatically start downloading the beta version. If you are reading this message, it should be live!

Anyone who has been following the development of the Supply Drop Update closely knows that it has, sadly, been progressing more slowly than we would have liked or predicted. As always, we apologize for this and thank you for your enthusiasm and continued patience while we finish up the remaining work on the update. Specifically, while the update is nearly complete, a few things that are planned for the update require further testing and polish. Secondly, the update text is still being localized, and the current timeline sets its completion at early January. For this reason, the beta is in English only. You can play the update in any other language- but you will see the message “String Not Found” for any update content.

We really hate to have to delay the update further, so we are doing this beta as a way to get fans playing it as soon as possible. We really hope you enjoy it.

Teggy

Yeah...I got two endings in the RE demo
bad and infected
and I am done. Game is too scary :( Sucks because I have always liked the RE games because they were kind of silly scary and had the crazy conspiracy story stuff. Not like Silent Hill which I couldn't play past the first because they creeped me out too much.

Rhaknar

bad and infected
and I am done. Game is too scary :( Sucks because I have always liked the RE games because they were kind of silly scary and had the crazy conspiracy story stuff. Not like Silent Hill which I couldn't play past the first because they creeped me out too much.

how long is the demo?

rtcn63

bad and infected

Play Outlast. You'll become desensitized to the first-person view. I had no problem with the RE7 demo, I'd like more creepiness honestly.

Kaleinc

Banned
Speaking of cool kids

oUpWTrt.png

right off the bat I see The Secret World Ultimate Edition 75% (plus the voucher) which is a first I think, that fucking game is always only 66%

Might have to bite on this. I'm actually glad I didn't pay the BTA price for TSW on one of the recent Humble Bundles especially since there was no consumer friendly upgrade path for the Ultimate Edition.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
This is actually a great deal with the extra 10% discount:

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/baldurs-gate-the-complete-saga

BG1, BG2 and Dragonspear for 15€.

That's a LOT of game(s) for $15. Anyone that hasn't played these (or like me hasn't played that Dragonspear part) probably should set aside 50 hours (LOL) and do all of this. Even if you only play BG2 (one of the best games of all time that isn't Planescape: Torment), it's still a great series that is finally starting to be emulated again (Divinity OS has some roots in this game but is its own thing, and Pillars of Eternity is basically a remake of BG/BG2).

how long is the demo?

if you just do the straightforward "by the book" playthrough then it's not too long

but there are other ways to go through it and such so it all depends on how much time you want to put into it...plus unlocking the special item that carries over to the full game takes time as well

Teggy

how long is the demo?

Well, I'm guessing that there is at least one ending I didn't get. The first ending took about 15 minutes, then the other ending was another 15 on top of that because you learn stuff from the first run and then I did wind up just trying another run because I was curious, but my theory was incorrect and I died and that was like 5 minutes. There was one room I wasn't able to get into yet and I don't know how much more of the house that would get me into. it seemed like I had been in just about the entire house, but I could be wrong.

Play Outlast. You'll become desensitized to the first-person view. I had no problem with the RE7 demo, I'd like more creepiness honestly.

I played the first section of Outlast, basically the part that was in the original E3 demo. Freaked me out pretty good. It's not just the first-person, it's also the limited field of view with the flashlight and the general creepiness of the environment. Just too unnerving for me. For me the range (scariest to least) goes from like Outlast->Silent Hill games->TEW>Dead Space->Resident Evil games->Alien Isolation. Everything from TEW to the right I was able to complete (I did actually manage to get through SH1).

Rhaknar

yeah got the bad ending aswell (I figure thats the one everyone gets first since its the most straight forward), im into it. Creepy, looks gorgeous and runs great. Not sure how combat will work sicne the movement seems quite slow and deliberate tho.

So I guess the idea is to play again and
go straight for the fireplace now that we know theres a switch there
?

edit: REmake and Zero are 50% off again, guess they wont go lower this time I already bought them last time). Guilty Gear Xrd Sign is only 50% which is hilarious now that Revelator is out. Those are most likely the sale prices too btw.

yeah got the bad ending aswell (I figure thats the one everyone gets first since its the most straight forward), im into it. Creepy, looks gorgeous and runs great. Not sure how combat will work sicne the movement seems quite slow and deliberate tho.

So I guess the idea is to play again and
go straight for the fireplace now that we know theres a switch there
?

doing that changes some things for how you can play through the demo

Rhaknar

I like the "hand over door to push it open" thing RE7 has going for. Is there a handgun in the demo, I got some ammo

Teggy

Guild Wars 2, Frozen Cortex (only existing purchases), Steamworld Dig and Binary Domain added to Yogscast today. I've got all that, but pretty nice.

OK, so would a true statement be:
Steam Symphonia + TSfix > PS3 Symphonia?

My computer was garbage at the time and no ps4/xbone so my hand was a bit forced. As for the port, it was pretty solid for what it was. There was hella pop in but from what I remember it was mostly 30fps with a few dips here and there. What really amazed me were the graphics. I remember it looking realllllly good for a ps3 game

thats pretty cool, shame the engine is all but dead.

Teggy

Read up on the demo. Looks like I had the right idea but didn't know how
to use body bags to stop the monster
. The rest of the stuff seems like crazy hidden things to get the item you can pull into the full game and isn't required for the "good ending". There is also an ending I don't understand.
I picked up the phone but just got a busy signal, no woman's voice or an ending.

Man, I just want to play as Jill Valentine and shoot zombies and find puzzle pieces :(

new entry in the critically acclaimed series now on greenlight

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=821476349

Akira is an agent for a secretive organisation who protects the world from threats simply known as incursions. Strange creatures from another dimension are invading his world, wreaking havoc wherever they go. With his assistant and a freshly assigned rookie to back him up, can Akira overcome a threat which may end civilisation itself?

Shiny boobs saving the world again.

RE7 |OT| Resident Hazard. Bio Evil

OT needs the full Steam store page name.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard / BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom