• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Anyone getting framedrops when going into other areas? Past the moldy door, up into the attic, into the kitchen...

Is the framerate setting on 60fps? If it's on "variable", you'll get drops. I'm on a 1060.

Also I read that HBAO kills the framerate more than usual.

Anyone getting framedrops when going into other areas? Past the moldy door, up into the attic, into the kitchen...

I've gone into the attic
(and the upstairs part of that)
and the kitchen

have had some drops but that hasn't caused any stuttering or anything for me...try turning the AO to SSAO instead of HBAO+ (if you haven't already)...the latrter is a major performance tank at higher resolutions

Tizoc

check back tomorrow when the SE gift bundle is revealed

Hmm you know I could get that as a gift for my cousin. He just made a Steam account and even Just Cause 2 would be a decent game to have on his GTX 840M laptop.
edit: aww the purchase period ended.

Javier23

Banned
I seemed to be getting tearing, which was weird because it was running at 100+ fps with gsync.
Is the framerate setting on 60fps? If it's on "variable", you'll get drops. I'm on a 1060.

Also I read that HBAO kills the framerate more than usual.
Thanks! I'll try this. I'm talking about the RE7 demo for those who don't know. I actually posted this on the wrong thread, meant to do so on the official one over in Gaming ^^

Knurek

new entry in the critically acclaimed series now on greenlight

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=821476349

Fuck winged cloud and fuck you for talking about winged cloud.
Also:

20161219203425_166sas.jpg

My personal GOTY 2016
(and I finished TitS 2nd, Her Story, Pony Island, both DanganRonpas, Cupid, Dust, Ori and the Blind Forest, Root Double, Witcher 3, Life is Strange, Katawa Shoujo and Umineko this year).

Teggy

Fuck winged cloud and fuck you for talking about winged cloud.
Also:

20161219203425_166sas.jpg

My personal GOTY 2016
(and I finished TitS 2nd, Her Story, Pony Island, both DanganRonpas, Cupid, Dust, Ori and the Blind Forest, Root Double, Witcher 3, Life is Strange, Katawa Shoujo and Umineko this year).

21 and 16? You're a monster.
i have no idea what this game is about

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Xbox is getting a winter sale with daily deals.

Steam pls

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man Shadow Complex is (still) awesome

edit: just got a prompt saying jshackles 171 melee kills. Stop punching people thats not nice

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Last winter (or this summer) when i saw that Batman AK was cheaper on PSN than it was on Steam i realized that Steam Sales are dead XD

There have actually been a number of instances where this has been the case, especially for Xbox Live Gold / PS+ member pricing in the console-space.

What I find interesting is when publishers don't even bother to discount their games as much on Steam as they do on other sites such as GMG or Bundlestars.

man Shadow Complex is (still) awesome

edit: just got a prompt saying jshackles 171 melee kills. Stop punching people thats not nice

Shadow Complex is still one of my favorite games ever. And punching people is like... what I do.

dex3108

There have actually been a number of instances where this has been the case, especially for Xbox Live Gold / PS+ member pricing in the console-space.

What I find interesting is when publishers don't even bother to discount their games as much on Steam as they do on other sites such as GMG or Bundlestars..

When they removed mini-games Steam sale stopped being an event. Maybe they earn more money now (not necessarily because they changed sale format but because there are more members) but it is not that special event like it was before.

rtcn63

Got the
Infected
Ending in the demo.
Never got to use my 5-round chambered handgun.

The camera wobble gets taking used to. I think Outlast had it to, and I beelined that in a few days.

Tall4Life

The minigames kept me engaged through most of the previous sales, I hope they bring them back. Otherwise I'll probably just check my queue 3 times a day and be done with it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Adventure Time Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW has been removed. This was WayForward's 2nd Adventure Time game. It is still on sale on GameStop.com. No copies on Shady Key Website 1, but there is a single copy on Shady Key Website 2. It was published by D3Publisher

Two other Adventure Time games have external licensors:
Adventure Time Finn and Jake Investigations (has not received a recent discount, $14.99)
Adventure Time Secret of the Nameless Kingdom (reduced from $20 to $3 recently and 50% discounted around the same time, so $1.49).

I suspect Secret of the Nameless Kingdom will be delisted soon.

Finn and Jake's Epic Quest and Magic Man's Head Games are both internally published by Cartoon Network Games and are probably safe.

Ascheroth

Personally I'm not missing dailies all that much.
"Wait for the dailies!" was nice the first few times and impulse buy stuff, but in cases where I knew I wanted to buy this game... yeah not as much. Nothing as annoying as waiting for a daily deal on a game you want for sure and then that game not getting a deal at all. Could have bought that thing 2 weeks earlier for the same price when I actually had time to play it.

Fox318

What I find interesting is when publishers don't even bother to discount their games as much on Steam as they do on other sites such as GMG or Bundlestars.

Shadow Complex is still one of my favorite games ever. And punching people is like... what I do.

I wonder if they even care anymore at valve.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Turnover -- MB-D052E6787C764EB1 - Taken by chronomac. 9 entrants total.

t1482268162z1.png

MUnited83

For you.
Adventure Time Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW has been removed. This was WayForward's 2nd Adventure Time game. It is still on sale on GameStop.com. No copies on Shady Key Website 1, but there is a single copy on Shady Key Website 2. It was published by D3Publisher

Adventure Time Finn and Jake Investigations (has not received a recent discount, $14.99)
Adventure Time Secret of the Nameless Kingdom (reduced from $20 to $3 recently and 50% discounted around the same time, so $1.49).

Finn and Jake's Epic Quest and Magic Man's Head Games are both internally published by Cartoon Network Games and are probably safe.

Damn it! It was the one Adventure Time game I wasn't expecting to be pulled. Never had a decent sale either. :(

My DS4 stopped working on PC for some reason. Was just working fine this morning and now when I plug it in just get one blinking orange light (using DS4windows). Tried uninstall/reinstalling drivers nothing, rebooting, different USB port. Controller works fine on PS4. Tried a different USB wire as well...same thing...any ideas?

Tall4Life

Personally I'm not missing dailies all that much.
"Wait for the dailies!" was nice the first few times and impulse buy stuff, but in cases where I knew I wanted to buy this game... yeah not as much. Nothing as annoying as waiting for a daily deal on a game you want for sure and then that game not getting a deal at all. Could have bought that thing 2 weeks earlier for the same price when I actually had time to play it.

It helped me to remember to buy things I wanted, heh. Also gave some more excitement to the sale. Though it seems like the sales of games didn't go down, so they'll be sticking with this model, sadly.

rtcn63

My DS4 stopped working on PC for some reason. Was just working fine this morning and now when I plug it in just get one blinking orange light (using DS4windows). Tried uninstall/reinstalling drivers nothing, rebooting, different USB port. Controller works fine on PS4. Tried a different USB wire as well...same thing...any ideas?

DS4windows don't care. I ended up switching to inputmapper, which isn't perfect either. But so far it's been much less of a hassle.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

which one is the zelda style one? it was the removed wasnt it? >_>

Ganado

Fuck, the only one that I didn't buy. Is it possible to buy stuff from GS outside of US? Or would someone be able to get it for me? Would pay extra.

Monooboe

So played the RE7 demo and I quite liked it, I'm not really a fan of horror games such as Outlast since I don't really get scared but I did appreciate the atmosphere in RE7 and that it had that goofy RE charm. It was cliche in all it's "spooky" stuff but I am a sucker for going around an enviroment looking and collecting stuff.XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom