• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
75nFUUZ.png

..... what the fuck?

Teggy

I thought GameStop bought directodrive and that was going to save them from the death of physical media. Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Regginator

So I just finished Dragon's Dogma, and while the combat is fucking fantastic, I'm much less pleased about pretty much everything else. Mostly in terms of narrative aspects (story, quests, characters, lore, etc.). All things considered no regrets, $10 through Humble Monthly and it gave me 40 hours of playtime.

Also, I really dislike the way the game chooses who gets to be your "beloved"? So basically the one with the highest affinity? I had some books that said Aldous might be interested in, so I gave them all to him, and LOOK AT THIS SHIT

It was pretty hilarious. I kinda
contemplated to just kill him when the dragon wanted me to make my decision.
. Ended up just going the Fighter's path, didn't feel like role-playing right otherwise.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
daaaamn, you're lucky. I regret immensely not being able to get a few of my favourite removed games like Wanted, The Movies, Blood Stone, KrissX.

I know that feel fam, missing Outrun/Sega Rally Revo/Blur on Steam, still hurts :( I was grateful that I got Ravens Wolfenstein before it got delisted, I love that game too.

daaaamn, you're lucky. I regret immensely not being able to get a few of my favourite removed games like Wanted, The Movies, Blood Stone, KrissX.

I must re-emphasize how pissed I am that The Movies was delisted before I found out it was on Steam.

Microsoft, throw me a goddamn bone. And Zoo Tycoon 2, while you're at it.

Stay safe, Steam GAF:

Security bulletin for nVidia drivers (Update em to 376.33)

Might only apply to Windows 7, 8, and 8.1. But better safe than sorry, right?

There's one reason to be glad I was talked into getting an AMD card instead.

People in that thread are shitting all over Nvidia, but I have yet to find an actual explanation of what this means? What is "an escalation of privileges" and what does it mean for the end user?

I am too lazy to really parse it but it is a security vulnerability and/or a way for users to access protected memory on their systems which can potentially kill installs.

~Kinggi~

Banned
RE 7 demo is legit. Really nice prologue chapter to the game. Plus you can unlock an item in it to be used in the main game with save transfer. Hard to get though, you will need a guide.

Jawmuncher

from wbacon in the RE7 Demo thread (concerning CDKeys/gray market resellers)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226886489&postcount=502

"Be forewarned that we're clamping down on gray market key resellers. Don't know where they're sourcing their keys from, but certain retail keys such as ones sourced from Russia, India, S/E Asia, and so on will have activation and runtime lock."

Yeah but are they finally clamping down on bringing Dino Crisis back?

rtcn63

from wbacon in the RE7 Demo thread (concerning CDKeys/gray market resellers)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226886489&postcount=502

"Be forewarned that we're clamping down on gray market key resellers. Don't know where they're sourcing their keys from, but certain retail keys such as ones sourced from Russia, India, S/E Asia, and so on will have activation and runtime lock."

I emailed CDkeys and they said that if they couldn't source you a working key, you'd be eligible for a refund.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I mean i got my GMG key days ago and already activated on steam. Shit was bizarre. I never get keys from GMG over a month early.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I mean i got my GMG key days ago and already activated on steam. Shit was bizarre. I never get keys from GMG over a month early.

Capcom sent keys out early, I had the deluxe edition pre-ordered as well and already have my key activated.

My guess is that many white sellers have WW keys (World-Wide, when I got my key from GMG it was a WW 'Digital Only' key). My guess due to it being labelled as WW and digital means that many physical editions of the game will have physical marked keys and with region locks to help prevent gray market reselling (IE, buying physical copies from Russia or somewhere and then reselling the cheaper keys for cheaper in other countries).

kagamin

Easily in the top 5 games from the previous generation. Everyone needs to play it and replay it again if you've played it already. Such a great game.

I'm not gonna replay ME2 again, I own it on Steam and Origin and I'm honestly replaying ME1 instead and enjoying it.

So I just finished Dragon's Dogma, and while the combat is fucking fantastic, I'm much less pleased about pretty much everything else. Mostly in terms of narrative aspects (story, quests, characters, lore, etc.). All things considered no regrets, $10 through Humble Monthly and it gave me 40 hours of playtime.

Also, I really dislike the way the game chooses who gets to be your "beloved"? So basically the one with the highest affinity? I had some books that said Aldous might be interested in, so I gave them all to him, and LOOK AT THIS SHIT

. Ended up just going the Fighter's path, didn't feel like role-playing right otherwise.
SJUV8rD.jpg

And another with rednecks:

I remember playing an alpha version of this game from a PC Gamer disc. They had a pretty weird system with separate hunger and drunkenness meters. Getting a little fed and a little buzzed could speed you up, but eat or drink too much and you stagger and throw up.

"I'm onta you like stank on sheeeit."

Ridiculous price for Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimare. 1.79€ - 10%
https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/pixeljunk-shooter-ultimate

Probably sounding like a broken record when posting about it, since I try to push for this game in every sale hidden gems thread since it was released.
And yet I know that no one will buy it, even for this. No one will listen.

It's not just a good game for that price, it's a fantastic game, period. One of my favorites on Steam.
My impression is that no one talks about this game. I bought it last Christmas and it's still in my inventory.

Can you give a pitch?

Edit: Never mind! I'm holding Nom Nom Galaxy. Shooter was bundled and bought ages ago.

Haven't touched Steam in more than a week. Overwatch, Forza Horizon 3 and Netflix are taking up my time.

Same, the new SWTOR exp pack is taking up most of my time though they so completely screwed up the endgame that I'm out for good when my sub runs out in a couple of weeks.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I think I am going to give away another 8k-10k ModBot keys in the patented "you get 50 random keys, enjoy your turd pack" method, probably around Christmas day?

And another with rednecks:

A few questions:
1) Interplay has been releasing a lot of GOG stuff on Steam recently. Did some exclusivity stuff expire? How many games are left GOG exclusive from Interplay?

2) What's the ETA on them selling all of their IP? Probably worth buying as much of their stuff as possible before the sale causes an interruption in availability?

zkylon

zkylewd
tws.png

When you get hired to be a edgelord
lmao these can't be true

just can't

omg what if they are

haha what??

that's hilarious and that's so fucking dragon's dogma

honestly i regret the story being crap as well, the universe is taken straight out of berserk and could benefit a lot of having a story fitting that pedigree, but honestly i find the core gameplay so much fun that i don't mind

lol

lmao these can't be true

just can't

omg what if they are

haha what??

that's hilarious and that's so fucking dragon's dogma

honestly i regret the story being crap as well, the universe is taken straight out of berserk and could benefit a lot of having a story fitting that pedigree, but honestly i find the core gameplay so much fun that i don't mind

lol

I know for a fact their Mafia III tweet is true...they eventually deleted it

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Hey guys, I'm interested in some discounted games but I only like to buy from human garbage.

Any recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom