• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dell finally shipped my copy of Dishonored 2!

zmUu5ZC.jpg

Is Chivalry worth $2.49? It is on Steam sale

My opinion, no. I didn't enjoy it, but then it's one of those games you have to play a lot to be good at. Now, I was playing it at a time when everyone was jumping on it, and I simply got owned. Maybe it's different now if the community has cooled off.

vg260

Capcom sent keys out early, I had the deluxe edition pre-ordered as well and already have my key activated.

My guess is that many white sellers have WW keys (World-Wide, when I got my key from GMG it was a WW 'Digital Only' key). My guess due to it being labelled as WW and digital means that many physical editions of the game will have physical marked keys and with region locks to help prevent gray market reselling (IE, buying physical copies from Russia or somewhere and then reselling the cheaper keys for cheaper in other countries).

So, what does that mean exactly in more basic terms? I still don't quite get what this means for CDKeys keys vs GMG. CDK shows a globe icon for the region.

Anteater

okay I think im going to force myself to go through Mass Effect 1 now that theres a controller mod available

it's not bad, I can't stand clunky shooting games but I enjoyed it on the 360 with the laggy framerate, the inventory is crap though and still is on the pc

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Finn and Jake's Epic Quest and Magic Man's Head Games are both internally published by Cartoon Network Games and are probably safe.

I'd also consider them ticking time bombs as the Powerpuff Girls game was self-published, too.

And another with rednecks:

Nice. I was hoping Interplay would get around to releasing this on Steam before kicking the bucket.

A few questions:
1) Interplay has been releasing a lot of GOG stuff on Steam recently. Did some exclusivity stuff expire? How many games are left GOG exclusive from Interplay?

Many if not most of Interplay's GOG releases are rather old and it had a very uneven schedule on Steam following the release of the Earthworm Jim games in late 2009 (that was it until the FreeSpace games in 2012, for example), so I think it's just getting its ducks in a row before selling off the IPs/publishing contracts. The remaining GOG exclusives are:

- Battle Chess: Special Edition
- Castles 1 + 2
- Conquest of the New World
- Cyberia
- Cyberia 2: Resurrection
- Die By the Sword + Limb from Limb
- Dragon Wars
- Evolva
- F/A-18E Super Hornet
- Invictus: In the Shadow of Olympus
- Kingdom: The Far Reaches
- Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader
- MAX + MAX 2
- Messiah
- Prehistorik 1 + 2
- Screamer
- Screamer 2
- Stonekeep
- Shogo: Mobile Armor Division
- Shattered Steel
- Subwar 2050 Complete
- Titus the Fox: To Marrakech and Back
- VR Soccer '96

2) What's the ETA on them selling all of their IP? Probably worth buying as much of their stuff as possible before the sale causes an interruption in availability?

I couldn't find so much as a vague window for the auction when I went looking the other week. There was contact information, but it was intended for parties interested in partaking rather than general enquiries. In contrast to the THQ auction, the Interplay auction will be a single all-or-nothing lot, so Nordic strikes me as the most likely top bidder, in which case any availability issues post-auction will be brief.

mrgone

Nuuvem's Christmas sale started

Lots of stuff redeemable in North America, a few historic low prices and a lot of stuff matching historical lows

Examples:
Jotun - $4.99
Lego Jurassic World (actually, most Lego games are this price) - $4.99
Mortal Kombat XL - $9.99
Samorost 3 - $5.99

Most items say:

The Mortal Kombat XL bundle looks as though it's everything in the Bundlestars bundle at the second tier for half the price (it's hard to tell with the tiered system and all the DLC split out - I believe all the first tier DLC is included in the first Kombat Pack, though). And it's on for two weeks, so we can check the winter sale pricing first. I wonder if there's an error there somewhere, though, as the second Kombat Pack isn't discounted separately. There's also a Mortal Kombat Pack that also includes Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition (as well as all the MKXL stuff) for $14.99, which is the same as it's standalone discount.

edit: Looks like a couple of things (the Blue Steel skin for Sub-Zero, and the unlock for all the Krypt items) are included in the Bundlestars bundle that aren't included in the Kombat Pack. Goro's in Kombat Pack 2. Still an excellent deal on Nuuvem.

..and it's now unavailable. The $15 pack is still up, but someone posted in the /r/gamedeals thread about the sale that they'd received an already-activated key for the $10 pack, so I've no idea what's going on now with this thing

zkylon

zkylewd
I know for a fact their Mafia III tweet is true...they eventually deleted it

they kept this one tho (nsfw)

ChwgA7j.png

lol

i don't even mind d2d, but that's just silly

i hope steam's recommendation algorithm doesn't take my votes too seriously

Nuuvem's Christmas sale started

Lots of stuff redeemable in North America, a few historic low prices and a lot of stuff matching historical lows

Examples:
Jotun - $4.99
Lego Jurassic World (actually, most Lego games are this price) - $4.99
Mortal Kombat XL - $9.99
Samorost 3 - $5.99

Most items say:
they should probably add a regional filter, at least one that's like brazil, south america and international

nuuvem is cool but looking for the few games i'm allowed to buy and then realizing it's pretty much the same as in staem is a tiring proposition

Thumper got patched today for both SteamVR and Oculus runtime support.

Strangely enough, I think i'm *better* at Thumper in my Oculus versus on a monitor.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I dont know why, but Jedi Knight 2 is now working perfectly and I dont even fixed the necessary gamefiles for Windows 10 support.
Will experiment with the widescreen patch tomorrow...

Is /SteamTradingCards/ on reddit legit to get card sets from?

Kinda want to get some card sets for xp + xmas cards. Also want all badge levels for Rainbow Six Siege.

Or does anyone here sell card sets? Lmao

It'd be nice if the nominees all go 75% off at some point in the sale. If Far Cry 4 does I'll have been playing the series non-stop for a year. Ha ha...sigh.

Momentary

Banned
I'm so upset. They took Resident Evil which was campy, funny, and a good time to be had with friends and family and turned it into a fucking fright show that makes me afraid to open a door. How am I supposed to play this shit!

Adnor

Banned
I'm sure it's just placebo but maaaan even surfing on the internet feels smoother with an SSD. Why didn't I buy one before?

yuraya

I'm so upset. They took Resident Evil which was campy, funny, and a good time to be had with friends and family and turned it into a fucking fright show that makes me afraid to open a door. How am I supposed to play this shit!

The only scary thing that made me jump out of my chair was the stuff with the
manikin.
I legit jumped out of my chair and had to walk away from my pc for like 5 min when it happened lol. Fuck you capcom. But yea other than that it wasn't so bad although I haven't done everything in it yet.

Grief.exe

Hey guys, I'm interested in some discounted games but I only like to buy from human garbage.

Any recommendations?

Check any journalist on Twitter, the anti-Semites are selling in the comment section. If you see Pepe the frog then you're in the right place.

Is Chivalry worth $2.49? It is on Steam sale

Best game you can play with beers and a couple of friends.

That list reminds of when Valve used to allow users to vote on which games would go on sale. By the time Borderlands 2 came up for the fifth time you wanted to beat your head against the wall.

Tellaerin

okay I think im going to force myself to go through Mass Effect 1 now that theres a controller mod available

Yanno, it's kind of sad. Bioware went the extra mile to retool the interface in ME for PC to take advantage of kb/m, and I'd argue that it plays better with kb/m than with a gamepad. Yet I consistently hear people say things like "I don't want to play it unless I can use a controller". Kinda makes me understand why most companies don't bother making the effort when porting from console to PC. :s

Amzin

Thumper got patched today for both SteamVR and Oculus runtime support.

Strangely enough, I think i'm *better* at Thumper in my Oculus versus on a monitor.

I really like the first 3-4... levels? Worlds? of Thumper, but it feels like it's moved from challenging to tedious in the later bits. I understand memorizing levels should be important for maxing points and all, but it shouldn't be required to get through a level in the first place in what is supposedly a rhythm-ish game.

Also, boss fights. Ugh. I stopped trying to get further in when it went from feeling good about beating a section to "finally don't have to do that anymore". I played tons of other rhythm games and I REALLY like the parts of Thumper that I, well, like, but yea.

Maybe VR would make it more interesting at least to help me grind out the last couple levels :p

My impression is that no one talks about this game. I bought it last Christmas and it's still in my inventory.

Can you give a pitch?

Edit: Never mind! I'm holding Nom Nom Galaxy. Shooter was bundled and bought ages ago.

I can pitch Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate all day long if needed, but if you have it, you've done good.

But in short it's my favorite use of physics in a game, combined with classic Amiga style gameplay, and an awesome OST, an awesome graphical style.
With lots of content. And coop. And VS.

Wasn't as impressed with Nom Nom Galaxy from them though. An early access game they did, last all steam with, left without updates for long periods, and then quickly finished to move all resources to The Tomorrow Children instead.

It's not terrible, but it has the feeling of the devs not really knowing where to go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom