• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
OH SHIT SON, King has a Okada costume in Tekken 7.

VuJh7v0.gif

Grief.exe

I wonder how some of the more cynical members of Steam GAF will react when Sega announces a good PC port.

I have a feeling the goal posts will continue to be moved.

"It took too long."
"It's not the game I wanted."

Purely going by historical precedent.

Knurek

I wonder how some of the more cynical members of Steam GAF will react when Sega announces a good PC port.

"It took too long."

Should I be grateful for a company that it gracefully allows me to pay money for their product?
Should be just a good business practice, not something that we are supposed to admire.

"It took too long."

Let's be fair. It's taking long. Unless they come up with an amazing game, they'll have to justify the time they took. And yes, it'll also come down to personnal preferences. I'd be disappointed if it was something like The Club or Condemned 2.

I mean, if they were serious about it to build up momentum after VC huge success, it should've been a port a quarter or a half. We should've seen Vanquish, Bayonetta, Virtua Fighter 5 FS, Yakuza. 1st Half 2015 should've been Vanquish. 2nd Half 2015 should've been Yakuza 1+2. 1st Half 2016 should've been Bayonetta and 2nd Half 2016 could've been Yakuza 3+4+5.

"It took too long."

You're telling me you wouldn't be mad if they ported Sonic 06 or something after all these years? I'm pretty excited regardless of what is ported (as long as it is high profile and often requested) but I can't just take table scraps and be told to be happy.

Anteater

it's gonna be yakuza you guys

YA-KU-ZA

Yakuza 0 comes out on Jan 24th on the ps4, which is a "ps4 console exclusive" and they're announcing it after the new year holidays.

The Yakuza 1 remake comes out in the summer.

It's gonna be yakuza

Yakuza

believe

Kaleinc

Banned

"It took too long."

Games age fast, what was cool and shiny in 2010 can turn into 'Hey, looks like Half Life 1 lol' in 2017.

Grief.exe

Should I be grateful for a company that it gracefully allows me to pay money for their product?

Nope. Buy it or don't.

Let's be fair. It's taking long. Unless they come up with an amazing game, they'll have to justify the time they took.

I think a key concept that needs to be kept in context here is the revenue from these releases is a literally a drop in the bucket for these large corporations. Devoting large amounts of resources to these endeavours is ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Have you specifically heard of any rumours as to what this port(s) will be?

2zcyO.gif

You're telling me you wouldn't be mad if they ported Sonic 06 or something after all these years? I'm pretty excited regardless of what is ported (as long as it is high profile and often requested) but I can't just take table scraps and be told to be happy.

I personally wouldn't buy it, but I wouldn't get mad.

Games age fast, what was cool and shiny in 2010 can turn into 'Hey, looks like Half Life 1 lol' in 2017.

Consumers that shallow aren't in the demographic for classic rereleases anyways.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
it's gonna be yakuza you guys

YA-KU-ZA

Yakuza 0 comes out on Jan 24th on the ps4, which is a "ps4 console exclusive" and they're announcing it after the new year holidays.

The Yakuza 1 remake comes out in the summer.

It's gonna be yakuza

Yakuza

believe

I hope so

Pachimari

I don't get it. I can't control the mouse cursor with the touch pad on my Dual Shock 4, and when I start up Rise of the Tomb Raider in Big Picture Mode, it doesn't recognize my controller either. I have activated the "DS4 controller support" in settings and disconnected and reconnected both my USB receiver and controller.

rtcn63

I don't get it. I can't control the mouse cursor with the touch pad on my Dual Shock 4, and when I start up Rise of the Tomb Raider in Big Picture Mode, it doesn't recognize my controller either. I have activated the "DS4 controller support" in settings and disconnected and reconnected both my USB receiver and controller.

Does Rise have native DS4 support? I used DS4windows when I played it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I believe that if a game doesn't support the DS4 natively, either on its own or via the Steam Controller API, you have to set up a configuration profile, either yourself or by way of downloading someone else's.

Pachimari

Does Rise have native DS4 support? I used DS4windows when I played it.
I actually just figured it out and it works. Although I don't know how to make the dpad work in the Big Picture interface?

I'm gonna see if my DS4 works in Stardew Valley now.

Does the games have to support the DS4 or can I use it as a Steam controller?

I believe that if a game doesn't support the DS4 natively, either on its own or via the Steam Controller API, you have to set up a configuration profile, either yourself or by way of downloading someone else's.
So it works like the Steam controller, where I can set up my own or use somebody else's? That's great!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So it works like the Steam controller, where I can set up my own or use somebody else's? That's great!

Yeah. The reason Valve kicked off third-party controller support with the DS4 is that it's the one that most closely resembles the Steam Controller itself.

Ascheroth

"It took too long."

I don't really care about what they bring over as long as it isn't table scraps, but I'm mainly frustrated with how they're communicating.
Like I said earlier, NISA has already announced 9 games for 2017 and the year hasn't even started yet, and all SEGA does is vaguely hinting and teasing something and constantly pushing their news back. We've been waiting for 2 damn years already just for some concrete information.

Nabs

I actually just figured it out and it works. Although I don't know how to make the dpad work in the Big Picture interface?

I'm gonna see if my DS4 works in Stardew Valley now.

Does the games have to support the DS4 or can I use it as a Steam controller?

You can use it as a Steam Controller. Stardew has Gamepad support, and can also hop between the two seamlessly. So if you don't like how the right stick feels, you can change it to a mouse and experiment a bit.

If you want the d-pad to work in bpm, go to bpm settings and find the base config for bpm.

Pachimari

You can use it as a Steam Controller. Stardew has Gamepad support, and can also hop between the two seamlessly. So if you don't like how the right stick feels, you can change it to a mouse and experiment a bit.

If you want the d-pad to work in bpm, go to bpm settings and find the base config for bpm.
I tried using the recommended official BPM controller layout but that didn't seem to work. Maybe I'll have to restart steam for it to apply.

I'm glad I got it to work with Final Fantasy VI, as it would always crash with my Elite controller. Although now there's no sound in the game.

PantsuJo

As for sega, give me Panzer Dragoon Orta.

Man, I'd love to see some OG Xbox exclusives ported on Steam.

Orta, Gunvalkyrie, JSRF...
OG Xbox was a normal x86 PC, easy ports to do, damn SEGA :/

I'd give up on Outrun 2006 returning on Steam because SEGA isn't going to pay Ferrari but, damn, NeoGAF means "belive".

Nabs

I tried using the recommended official BPM controller layout but that didn't seem to work. Maybe I'll have to restart steam for it to apply.

I'm glad I got it to work with Final Fantasy VI, as it would always crash with my Elite controller. Although now there's no sound in the game.
You'll probably have to go and add the d-pad stuff yourself. That's what I did.

Nillansan

I mean, if they were serious about it to build up momentum after VC huge success, it should've been a port a quarter or a half.

I am not entirely sure what you mean by this, whatever momentum Sega built up with Valkyria Chronicles would only make sense to follow up with other entries in the Valkyria series, any other games from their back catalog wouldn't really be dependent on this momentum. Watch most of us eat up whatever Sega releases, be it a month from now or two years from now (given it's a title that people want obviously).

Grief.exe

Man, I'd love to see some OG Xbox exclusives ported on Steam.

Orta, Gunvalkyrie, JSRF...
OG Xbox was a normal x86 PC, easy ports to do, damn SEGA :/

I'd give up on Outrun 2006 returning on Steam because SEGA isn't going to pay Ferrari but, damn, NeoGAF means "belive".

Sega's Xbox output was insane.

I am not entirely sure what you mean by this, whatever momentum Sega built up with Valkyria Chronicles would only make sense to follow up with other entries in the Valkyria series, any other games from their back catalog wouldn't really be dependent on this momentum. Watch most of us eat up whatever Sega releases, be it a month from now or two years from now (given it's a title that people want obviously).

Also awkward to follow Valkyria series since they were PSP releases along with the second game being an awkward departure.

Pachimari

You'll probably have to go and add the d-pad stuff yourself. That's what I did.
Oh wow, I hadn't seen the option to choose move left, move up, move right and move down before. Now it works. Thank you so much!

So if some day I'll play with someone else, I assume one player can use the Dual Shock 4 and the others player can use the Steam controller.

I'm gonna play so much more PC on my Tv if I can use the controller for navigating the desktop, so that I can start up Steam or turn off BPM and stuff like that.

[edit]

So now I'm actually sitting with a typical scenario. I'm in my bed, and while starting up Stardew Valley it has frozen on a white blank screen. That means I have to get out of bed, walk all the way over to my desktop in order to exit the game with my mouse and keyboard. If I could just do this with the controller it would be that much more convenient to me.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Yeah, it greatly benefited from the good relationship Microsoft and Sega had. There was even discussion of the Xbox being backwards ( or, maybe sideways) compatible with the Dreamcast.

But their output was so great because it got a lot of the projects Sega had been working on when the Dreamcast was killed off. And, of course, sequels to many of the best games on the system.

It's a real shame to see what happened to Sega once the spark that comes along with supporting a home console eventually died as well.

PantsuJo

Indeed! Also, I don't remember if the Otogi games are co-developed from SEGA with From ... or only published...? Such awesome games.

Also awkward to follow Valkyria series since they were PSP releases along with the second game being an awkward departure.
I've read a lot about VCII and seems it's a "bad" sequel; I've read better things about the third game, it's more interesting.

However I'd love to buy and play these on Steam, despite being not so good compared to the first game.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, we know, we know.
Sonic 2006.
Sonic Heroes.
Shadow the Hedgehog.

It's what Steam users want from the company.

But why stop there?

Sonic the Fighters
Sonic R
Sonic Labyrinth
Sonic Shuffle
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
Sonic Blast: Game Gear Edition
Sonic Blast: Master System Edition

There are just so many classics to choose from!

Nabs

Oh wow, I hadn't seen the option to choose move left, move up, move right and move down before. Now it works. Thank you so much!

So if some day I'll play with someone else, I assume one player can use the Dual Shock 4 and the others player can use the Steam controller.

I'm gonna play so much more PC on my Tv if I can use the controller for navigating the desktop, so that I can start up Steam or turn off BPM and stuff like that.

[edit]

So now I'm actually sitting with a typical scenario. I'm in my bed, and while starting up Stardew Valley it has frozen on a white blank screen. That means I have to get out of bed, walk all the way over to my desktop in order to exit the game with my mouse and keyboard. If I could just do this with the controller it would be that much more convenient to me.

You can alt-tab by holding the PS button and holding Option. I don't know if that helps you, but it comes in handy.

PantsuJo

But why stop there?

Sonic the Fighters
Sonic R
Sonic Labyrinth
Sonic Shuffle
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
Sonic Blast: Game Gear Edition
Sonic Blast: Master System Edition

There are just so many classics to choose from!

Sonic Colors? Any chance?

Pachimari

You can alt-tab by holding the PS button and holding Option. I don't know if that helps you, but it comes in handy.
It looks to be pretty handy, but it seems like I can only switch between the Last used software and the currently active one, and not scrolls through all the open programs?

SEGA can port whatever games they want or not want to the PC, but they're not going to make me truly happy until they make a full Golden Axe game based on the Adder's Lair level in Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed.

Not sure if they really have that much interesting games left to port. Their output is so weak now.

Tizoc

I'm just gonna remind y'all about my theory from the previous 2 threads:
Initially Sonic LW and V. Chronicles were in line to get released on PC.
After the positive reaction to V. Chronicles, SEGA gives their EU branch the OKs to go ahead with more projects. Sonic LW, being already worked alongside V. Chronicles likely released on time.
SEGA EU has then been working for over a year on further projects.
Perfection takes time and if working on more than one project means they need to take a longer time before announcing, then go for it I say.
Capcom released 2 'classics' this year, what's to say SEGA wouldn't announce a duology as their next PC project?

Dinjoralo

At my hubby's request, I decide to take that Namco sale thing and get God Eater.

...Who the fuck is saying this is like Monster Hunter? That's like saying Musou is like Devil May Cry and Bayonetta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom