• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

At my hubby's request, I decide to take that Namco sale thing and get God Eater.

...Who the fuck is saying this is like Monster Hunter? That's like saying Musou is like Devil May Cry and Bayonetta.

After playing an extensive amount of both Resurrection and Rage Burst, I agree.
The only thing they really have in common is that you fight big monsters with big weapons.
Besides that they're pretty different.

I still have a ton of fun with them though, but if you want the Monster Hunter experience, just on PC, then I doubt you're going to be happy.

Anteater

My gut tells me Yakuza 0 and my gut usually steers me right.

I don't remember you being right but maybe this is it!

emot-thumbsupk6kh5.gif

At my hubby's request, I decide to take that Namco sale thing and get God Eater.

...Who the fuck is saying this is like Monster Hunter? That's like saying Musou is like Devil May Cry and Bayonetta.

God Eater is still a hunting game and a MH "clone". But somehow none of the MH clones that I played (Toukiden, Freedom Wars and God Eater) dont get what makes MH so good.
In those clones I played you just slash at the monsters till they are dead. No real tactics apply, the enemies dont learn new tactics and attacks (wow. fire instead if ice attack....).

In MH each of the monsters seem to have an own AI, that reacts to how you play. That knows when its time to use which attack.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Sonic Colors? Any chance?

I expect we'll see it at some point. Colors is a "relatively" recent game, so it wouldn't be excessively difficult to port. And it already has gamecube and classic controller support, so modern controller/keyboard support shouldn't be that difficult to implement.

Sonic Colors isn't bad so I didn't include it in that joke/list of trash

That's a baffling opinion.

Sega has a solid library including games on consoles that a
We are unable to emulate.

Yeah, I'm not going to argue that much for that opinion going forward.

Best excuse I can come up with was that my mind was probably to tainted from long lists of mediocre Sonic Games, and I suppose someone will be going at me for that comment also.

Tizoc

Anyone care to chime on Shadows of the Damned and Lollipop Chainsaw's licensing and its chances of re-releasing on Steam?

Jawmuncher

Anyone care to chime on Shadows of the Damned and Lollipop Chainsaw's licensing and its chances of re-releasing on Steam?

In licensing Hell. Shadows of the Damned is stuck with EA i believe, and we all know how much Warner Bros cares about PC.

Parsnip

I feel like the end of the year is closing in on me and there's probably some great and short Steam games I own but haven't played yet that could end up on my goty list if I just played them.

I wish there was a way to get a list of all games released on Steam in 2016, sorted by rating and have HLTB info there as well. I mean, I imagine there is a way, just that no one has done it as far as I'm aware.

Tizoc

I feel like the end of the year is closing in on me and there's probably some great and short Steam games I own but haven't played yet that could end up on my goty list if I just played them.

I wish there was a way to get a list of all games released on Steam in 2016, sorted by rating and have HLTB info there as well. I mean, I imagine there is a way, just that no one has done it as far as I'm aware.

Xanadu next!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Shadows of the Damned essentially exists in limbo until the EA Partners publishing contract expires. WB probably still has publishing rights to Lollipop for the time being, but there's another issue in that while Grasshopper (well, GungHo now) owns the game and will eventually have publishing rights, the IP is owned by Kadokawa.

Tizoc

Shadows of the Damned essentially exists in limbo until the EA Partners publishing contract expires. WB probably still has publishing rights to Lollipop for the time being, but there's another issue in that while Grasshopper (well, GungHo now) owns the game and will eventually have publishing rights, the IP is owned by Kadokawa.

Bulletstorm and Shadows of the Damned both released in 2011, in 2017 Bulletstorm will get a re-release, maybe the same could happen for SotD?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bulletstorm and Shadows of the Damned both released in 2011, in 2017 Bulletstorm will get a re-release, maybe the same could happen for SotD?

Well, I'd imagine EA would be okay with that given it (presumably) signed off on the Bulletstorm remaster, however GungHo's bread and butter is microtransaction-laden multiplayer/mobile titles, which makes a belated PC port of an exclusively single-player game an overly tough sell.

Tizoc

Some titles of interest I saw in the Upcoming section
header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/521890/?snr=1_7_7_comingsoon_150_22

Hello Neighbor is a stealth horror game about sneaking into your neighbor's house to figure out what horrible secrets he's hiding in the basement. You play against an advanced AI that learns from your every move. Really enjoying climbing through that backyard window? Expect a bear trap there. Sneaking through the front door? There'll be cameras there soon. Trying to escape? The Neighbor will find a shortcut and catch you.

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/494430/?snr=1_7_7_comingsoon_150_24
^Steam page is up.

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/452570/?snr=1_7_7_comingsoon_150_25
A match 3/cooking hybrid game with artstyle reminiscent of Avatar the Last Airbender/Legend of Korra.

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/561510/?snr=1_7_7_comingsoon_150_21

A little something for Jaw :v

Nabs

I just hope Sega announces multiple games at once so I don't have to wade through tears over a Daytona HD port (or something like that). I bet Platinum is handling their own ports, while DD/Little Stone handles some other Sega properties.

Tizoc

Well, I'd imagine EA would be okay with that given it (presumably) signed off on the Bulletstorm remaster, however GungHo's bread and butter is microtransaction-laden multiplayer/mobile titles, which makes a belated PC port of an exclusively single-player game an overly tough sell.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeell
http://store.steampowered.com/app/330390/

A $20 re-release would cover for its costs in time and any further sales would mean a decent revenue.

BasilZero

I wonder how some of the more cynical members of Steam GAF will react when Sega announces a good PC port.

I have a feeling the goal posts will continue to be moved.

"It took too long."
"It's not the game I wanted."

Purely going by historical precedent.

Man...I wouldnt mind any of them but I would love it to be Persona.....related..specifically 1,2 IS or EP, 3 or 4.....

(it wont)

I'd really like to see Lollipop Chainsaw come to Steam, but I'm not expecting it to ever happen. If it does, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Wasnt there suppose to be one but it was canned for whatever reason?

I remember someone posting a steam DB screenshot of it o_O

DeputyVanHalen

Neo Member
Man...I wouldnt mind any of them but I would love it to be Persona.....related..specifically 1,2 IS or EP, 3 or 4.....

(it wont)

I'm sure there are other reasons why it hasn't happened, but I can't imagine how Sega sees other, mostly inferior, JRPG companies making money throwing their whole back catalog on Steam and isn't rushing to get Atlus's on there.

I seem to remember hearing about an abandoned SteamDB listing for Lollipop Chainsaw too. That's why I'm not very optimistic.

Eila

Yeah, during the helpdesk leak it was revealed there was a sub with the name, but it turned out it was abandoned. So there were probably plans to release it back when it originally came out. Wonder if one of the new niche publishing companies have enquired about the state of the port. We just got The Silver Case and Killer is Dead a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom