• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Wait a minute...
Atlus and SEGA USA stating and insisting there isn't a PC ver. of Yakuza 0
SEGA EU being hush hush about their projects
jipJ4NF.gif

Wait, did Sega tease or talk about ports recently?

Only that SEGA EU tweeted about sharing news on 'New Years' ' whatever that means :X

Angelina

Banned
When it comes to strategy games ive only really been able to get into battle for middle earth and age of empires 3.

Is there any recommendations any can give that are on steam that id probs enjoy from the above. Maybe age empires 2 ?

Nzyme32

Only that SEGA EU tweeted about sharing news on 'New Years' ' whatever that means :X

I'd say that is quite misleading, because I'd read what you said as "some time soon after New years day"

RgtBCwK.png

When what the above says is what I interpreted as "some time next year" - as in fuck knows. It could be this time next year for all we know

Mivey

Maybe Sega is just not sure its PC porting capabilities are up to snuff and fears it will end up like Koei Tecmo. Companies can be insecure too.

BasilZero

I'm sure there are other reasons why it hasn't happened, but I can't imagine how Sega sees other, mostly inferior, JRPG companies making money throwing their whole back catalog on Steam and isn't rushing to get Atlus's on there.

I seem to remember hearing about an abandoned SteamDB listing for Lollipop Chainsaw too. That's why I'm not very optimistic.

I'll take a Shining series game too xD

Still need to play Shining Force 1 and 2 on Steam. I remember playing it ages ago on my cousin's Genesis.

Wok

Boys.

91VMsnB.png

Should we expect a similar sale for the Christmas sale? For the previous Humble sale (-5%), there was none on Steam. Now, it is -20% on Humble.

All in all, it is less than 20 euros:
- base price: 28.99 €
- current discount : 20%
- Humble Monthly discount : 10%
- percentage given back to the Humble wallet : 5%

28.99 * 0.8 * 0.9 * 0.95 = 19.83 €

which makes it -32% overall.

rtcn63

Probably mentioned, but the lady from RE7 trailers resembles an older version of the Parasite Woman from RE4 concept art. (In fact, if may have been someone in this thread who brought it up originally- I was just reading the TEW wikia and it linked to this)

latest

Jawmuncher

Probably mentioned, but the lady from RE7 trailers resembles an older version of the Parasite Woman from RE4 concept art. (In fact, if may have been someone in this thread who brought it up originally- I was just reading the TEW wikia and it linked to this)

latest

RE does like bringing unused concepts at some point.

When it comes to strategy games ive only really been able to get into battle for middle earth and age of empires 3.

Is there any recommendations any can give that are on steam that id probs enjoy from the above. Maybe age empires 2 ?
Any of the "Age of" games are great (the first isn't on Steam) and Rise of Nations. See when Microsoft used to care about PC games they made some real kick ass titles.

Boys.

91VMsnB.png

Should we expect a similar sale for the Christmas sale? For the previous Humble sale (-5%), there was none on Steam. Now, it is -20% on Humble.

All in all, it is less than 20 euros:
- base price: 28.99 €
- current discount : 20%
- Humble Monthly discount : 10%
- percentage given back to the Humble wallet : 5%

28.99 * 0.8 * 0.9 * 0.95 = 19.83 €

which makes it -32% overall.

Interesting, I was sure that I wouldn't see SSR on sale

Pachimari

Are there any mods I should be installing for Final Fantasy VI and XIII?

And do you guys know if i can split the touch pad on the Dual Shock 4 into four corners? That would be handy for a game like Final Fantasy XIV. Or can I only split it in half?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pixeljunk Nom Nom Galaxy -- MB-A993FF85DC65491F - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.
Asdivine Hearts -- MB-53CFB1DF5AB24C80 - Taken by Pachimari. 1 entrants total.

t1481418043z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh the yogscast bundle was limited? fuck that even more then >_>

Kifimbo

oh the yogscast bundle was limited? fuck that even more then >_>

Counter is still going up, so maybe they realized giving more money to charities isn't a bad thing, and having 20 more days of reveals without a chance to actually buy the thing is a bad idea.

Blu(e)

They haven't even revealed half of the games that will be in it.

Bundle reached 50000 now.

Yeah I'm just saying it's personally a really unappealing bundle at $30 in its current state. Unless they drop some major bombs later I don't think it's a very good bundle since it's mostly comprised of re bundled games.

It's for charity so I guess I won't complain.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Honestly, at 30 games for $30, you're unlikely to lose money even if your resell all the keys because you don't want any. It's pretty low risk if you're the kind of person who doesn't mind doing that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Honestly, at 30 games for $30, you're unlikely to lose money even if your resell all the keys because you don't want any. It's pretty low risk if you're the kind of person who doesn't mind doing that.

$30 is low risk? Well excuse me mr Scrooge McDuck

giphy.gif

edit: damn thats a big gif lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom