• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

After exams I will be playing the "sequel" to one of the best games Ive ever played, I will play The Last Guardian. Reason being, I already own the game, but it will kill my work for the exams.

Can't fucking wait.

I am getting redirected to main page....

Not available in:

Antarctica, Bouvet Island, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, Heard Island and McDonald Islands, French Southern Territories, United Arab Emirates, Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bahrain, Brunei Darussalam, Bhutan, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, China, Christmas Island, Georgia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Israel, India, British Indian Ocean Territory, Iraq, Iran, Islamic Republic of, Jordan, Japan, Kyrgyzstan, Cambodia, Korea, Democratic People's Republic of, Korea, Republic of, Kuwait, Kazakhstan, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Lebanon, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Mongolia, Macao, Maldives, Malaysia, Nepal, Oman, Philippines, Pakistan, Palestinian Territory, Occupied, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Syrian Arab Republic, Thailand, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Turkey, Taiwan, Province of China, Uzbekistan, Viet Nam, Yemen, Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Netherlands Antilles, Aruba, Barbados, Saint Barthélemy, Bermuda, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba, Bahamas, Belize, Canada, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curaçao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Greenland, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Honduras, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Cayman Islands, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin (French part), Martinique, Montserrat, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Puerto Rico, El Salvador, Sint Maarten (Dutch part), Turks and Caicos Islands, Trinidad and Tobago, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Virgin Islands, British, Virgin Islands, U.S., Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Netherlands Antilles, Aruba, Barbados, Saint Barthélemy, Bermuda, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba, Bahamas, Belize, Canada, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curaçao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Greenland, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Honduras, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Cayman Islands, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin (French part), Martinique, Montserrat, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Puerto Rico, El Salvador, Sint Maarten (Dutch part), Turks and Caicos Islands, Trinidad and Tobago, United States, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Virgin Islands, British, Virgin Islands, U.S., Argentina, Bolivia, Plurinational State of, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Peru, Paraguay, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of, American Samoa, Cook Islands, Fiji, Micronesia, Federated States of, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, New Caledonia, Norfolk Island, Nauru, Niue, French Polynesia, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn, Palau, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna, Samoa, Argentina, Bolivia, Plurinational State of, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Peru, Paraguay, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of

If you want me to get you one I can.

Also no one lives on the Heard and McDonald Islands. They are external volcanic islands owned by Australia that are closer to the Antarctic than Australia.

Sarcasm

Not available in:

If you want me to get you one I can.

Also no one lives on the Heard and McDonald Islands. They are external volcanic islands owned by Australia that are closer to the Antarctic than Australia.

No wonder my VPN didn't even work..US is blocked too heh.

Don't suppose anyone would be willing to buy me one of the discounted ones in exchange for Steam wallet funds? That's all I've got at the moment.

Nzyme32

GOG has all the commandos and desperados games on sale at the moment.

I have the Steam versions, but last time I used them - several years ago - there was all kinds of issues. For example, Commandos 1 would run at quad speed, 2 would crash on start up etc.

I am curious if anything has improved since then or if they are still broken. Fallout 1, 2 and tactics were similarly broken years back - but now these are fantastic, updated akin to the GOG versions. So I guess I'll have to test them myself and report back

MUnited83

For you.
Speaking of Commandos, I wish Merge would put Strike Force back up on the store. It's been publishing the game on GamersGate for years now but the two e-mails I've sent regarding the Steam version both went ignored. :(

Edit: I've sent a message to Merge's Facebook account. Let's see if this goes anywhere.
Really wish it would come back. I really like it, the spy sections are pretty good.

Ascheroth

https://bandai-namco-hub.fcld.me/?utm_source=Direct

Can someone log here? I use my Namco Bandai pass, but it doesn't work. But it works on Namco Bandai Vip site, I clicked the recovery option but it doesn't work, I receive no mail.

Just tried, doesn't work for me either. Can log in normally into the normal site, though that one wants the username instead of the email like here.

Edit: OK, just reread the login prompt again and it appears you have to register for that site separately and not use your existing Namco account. Huh.

Alien8

Shadow Tactics has been in the top 5 of the US Top Sellers and Global Top Sellers for a few days now

Steamspy says at least 10,000 owners and it hasn't even been a week yet

That seems like a great start for a $40 game in a niche subgenre that's been dormant for decades

The devs said in an AMA that they'd love to do an actual Commandos game and even had tried reaching out about the license in the past. If this is a big success, I hope that's a possibility

Pyro Mobile said (sorry, link in spanish) a couple years ago that they're developing a new Commandos for mobile devices. They even got funds from a public grant of the Spanish Government to develop it, but there aren't any recent news about it. Also, Zed Worldwide (the Group Pyro belongs to) has filled bankrupcy recenttly, so I won't hold my breath for a new Commandos game.

Pyro Mobile said (sorry, link in spanish) a couple years ago that they're developing a new Commandos for mobile devices. They even got funds from a public grant of the Spanish Government to develop it, but there aren't any recent news about it. Also, Zed Worldwide (the Group Pyro belongs to) has filled bankrupcy recenttly, so I won't hold my breath for a new Commandos game.

Is there any real value in the IP for us playing it, or is it just for the devs? I haven't played a Commandos game in many years, not since the first one, but from that I don't remember any memorable storyline or characters, so based on that I feel that they could just make similiar game with similiar style and gameplay, call it Commando Force or The Commando, and it would pretty much be the same thing as a new entry in the series.

But I might be wrong, and those more invested in the series might feel otherwise, and would like to se some returning characters or some other kind of continuity. And I assume that having the actual IP would make the game more marketable and recognizable for the devs and publishers.

Blu(e)

But how can I redeem codes for VIP points without my account?

Reading the general rules, if I'm not mistaken it looks like only thirty people are able to win the 1000 VIP Points. The drawing will take place this coming Monday.

In the rules (under Article 2) they state how many are given out for each prize so you're only making an account for the chance to gain the VIP points.

So regarding the account, I'm guessing they'll just e-mail you a code if you win for you to redeem.

gelf

I have the Steam versions, but last time I used them - several years ago - there was all kinds of issues. For example, Commandos 1 would run at quad speed, 2 would crash on start up etc.

I am curious if anything has improved since then or if they are still broken. Fallout 1, 2 and tactics were similarly broken years back - but now these are fantastic, updated akin to the GOG versions. So I guess I'll have to test them myself and report back
I tried earlier this year and had similar issues still. Tried some fixes but it still didn't feel quite right sadly. I think there was more I could have tried but I got bored of trying to get it to work and moved to something else.

iosefe

Had a dream I want to buy The Disney Infinity 3.0 gold, but it was a physical edition in A giant box featuring the figures as well

Nzyme32

For those unaware - in 3 hours Valve update Dota2 to v7 in testing - first whole number update since 2005

Pretty much every rumour under the sun has been mentioned at this point despite no leaks. Should be amusing to watch how folks react good/bad

For those unaware - in 3 hours Valve update Dota2 to v7 in testing - first whole number update since 2005

Pretty much every rumour under the sun has been mentioned at this point despite no leaks. Should be amusing to watch how folks react good/bad

I'm going to go with:

giphy.gif

Blu(e)

By the way the Bandai Namco website had a "digital prize" download in the form of a zip folder with gifs for some games. One game that stuck out was Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Eyes of Heaven. Did they announce any recent news about this game?

The zip folder also had Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Little Nightmares, Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, and Tekken 7 if anyone is curious

Edit: Probably nothing. I mistook it for the PS3 game JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle. It's probably just advertising since the game came out earlier this year. Nothing to see.

I just had some kind of glitch while using ES to sell some cards on the community market. Somehow I ended up selling several cards far below market value with the quick sell button. I suggest to always check the prices of your cards before confirming your trades.

Nzyme32

I tried earlier this year and had similar issues still. Tried some fixes but it still didn't feel quite right sadly. I think there was more I could have tried but I got bored of trying to get it to work and moved to something else.

Well this is a nice surprise - I tried 1 and it works really well. Turns out they updated the game in February this year. Mods were a fine solution, but it is nice to just have it work with no need to do anything. It still has a bit of jank just due to it being so old, but there is now a updated Win 10 version and the legacy version is still accessible. They did this for all the commandos games, which I will test out.

Commandos Update for Modern Computers
18 FEBRUARY
- JAMES
Hi Everyone,

We are looking into all bug reports on our main thread. If you are experiencing any issues with the updates, please let us know here.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/6800/discussions/0/412448158145535374/

UPDATE - You can now access the old build via the "Legacy Version" launch option

Thank you all for your continued support for the Commandos series, we appreciate all the feedback we have received. We have heard all of your concerns and took them on board.

With that, we have an announcement, all of the Commandos games should now run on systems up to and including Windows 10. Significant changes have been made to the code in order to make each of the games run correctly on modern machines.

• Changelog for Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines
  • Unlocalized text fixed. (spanish text when a commando dies)
  • Fix for the game going faster than it should.
  • Fixed various audio bugs in the briefings and during gameplay.
  • Save/Load bug fixed.
  • Mission tutorial bug fixed.
  • Windows 10 bug regarding DirectX 5 fixed.
  • Performance problems fixed
  • Compatibility issues with modern hardware fixed.
  • New, higher resolution settings (1280x720)
  • Minor bug fixes.

We all hope you enjoy the update, and thanks again for all of your support!

Seems Commandos 2 got more updates after that as well, so I'll test them all out. Also, all of them are on sale now for absurdly cheap prices

Parsnip

sands of time is pretty good so far, I'm liking all these environment puzzles and platforming, are the 2 sequels good?

They are both good I think. 2 took a real bad tonal shift to the dark and egdy shit but it's still fun to play. 3 dials the edgy shit back a bunch and is also still fun to play.
If you care about the story at all, with 2 you should keep in mind that there are multiple endings, but you can always just watch the one you didn't get from the tubes.
3 picks up from the good ending of 2 as far as I recall.

Anteater

From an 80's kid, it really is.

It's a shame Ninja Turtles didn't turn out just as good.

I forgot that game exists, I enjoyed Korra, I wonder if it's worse

it's also a kick-ass game. I had no affection for the source material and I still loved it, so it must be a real treat for classic TF fans.

Purchase the rush attack upgrade ASAP.

yeah it's like a mini bayonetta so far, really cool

They are both good I think. 2 took a real bad tonal shift to the dark and egdy shit but it's still fun to play. 3 dials the edgy shit back a bunch and is also still fun to play.
If you care about the story at all, with 2 you should keep in mind that there are multiple endings, but you can always just watch the one you didn't get from the tubes.
3 picks up from the good ending of 2 as far as I recall.

oh yeah, guess I'll get them sometime, hopefully they'll be on sale this christmas, man I appreciate these action adventure games so much now because we don't really get a lot of them

Tizoc

yo transformers devstation looks awesome

You really need to asap play any game I hype up as you generally would have the games I'd normally hype up given the chance :p
Enjoy the game it is short but a fun ride. Check out the OST once you're done as it has some fantastic tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom