• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjoki

Yup. There is a part of my brain that says, "BUT THIS TIME!"

Also I still don't own Sleeping Dogs DE on Steam which is most likely in this box.

Edit: I bought it. I know I'll be disappointed. But silver lining, I now have 15 SE points.

Sleeping Dogs DE was actually in this years Easter Box, so I doubt it will be again.

Full bundle was
  • Final Fantasy VIII
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Quantum Conundrum
  • Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut

Orgen

The SE holiday boxes have, in the past, been fairly bad value if you are someone who pays attention to games and already buys them on sale or in non-blind bundles.

Here's the 2015 box:

Here's the 2015 easter box:

Here's the 2014 box:

Here's the 2013 box:

I pay attention to games (and offers) and I don't see "bad value" in these past boxes. For example, the 2015 box has (prices are historical lows):

FF XIII: 4,52€
Thief: 4,49€
FF XIV: Free?
Lara Croft Osiris: 3,99€
LiS Episode 1: Free

How much was the 2015 box? (I've supposed it was the same price as this year). Anyway, if it ends being a disaster... I'll do a Christmas giveaway for STEAM Gaf, so Win Win ;D

Lomax

The best way to go into an SE blind box is with extremely low expectations.

Yeah, I've never bought one, and last year was the first one I was a little disappointed. But there's so many Final Fantasy games out now that even one of them would probably make me happy. But we'll see, we're due for a Final Fantasy humble bundle sooner or later too.

Might actually bite this year, was a little disappointed I didn't last year and the odds of a Final Fantasy title seem decent enough.

Ugh, when you put it that way...

Did they have a Thief equivalent this year? Probably get Final Fantasy XIII-2 this year, along with Hitman episode 1, Lara Croft Go, and hmmm, dunno.

Maybe Just Cause 3

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I feel like the best way to buy the SE boxes might be key by key in the BST thread after they come out. I'm asking myself if I'd buy a humble bundle that featured...Let's say Life is Strange and two FF games in the 10$ tier. If they were two FFs I hadn't actually played already, post FFXII that is...I'd probably still be hesitant because I don't know that I'd actually play them any time soon. Like, before the alleged FF collection comes out or they actually show up in a HB.

Hmmm. I have to imagine Just Cause 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Lara Croft GO are too recent and have too high a price-floor to show up too.

Lomax

Sleeping Dogs DE was actually in this years Easter Box, so I doubt it will be again.

Full bundle was
  • Final Fantasy VIII
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Quantum Conundrum
  • Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut

Yeah, I regretted not getting that one also. Which means this Christmas one will probably suck. Just Cause 3 seems a bit too recent to be included now. I think it will definitely include one of the "GO" games but I have all of them on mobile already.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I pay attention to games (and offers) and I don't see "bad value" in these past boxes. For example, the 2015 box has (prices are historical lows):

FF XIII: 4,52€
Thief: 4,49€
FF XIV: Free?
Lara Croft Osiris: 3,99€
LiS Episode 1: Free

How much was the 2015 box? (I've supposed it was the same price as this year). Anyway, if it ends being a disaster... I'll do a Christmas giveaway for STEAM Gaf, so Win Win ;D

Thief was in the Humble Square Enix Bundle 2 in 2015, along with 11 other games, for ~$5. FFXIV was in the Humble Square Enix Bundle 3 the same week it was in this blind box. Life is Strange Episode 1 was also in the Humble Square Enix Bundle 3. It's an acceptable price for FF13 and Lara Croft Osiris, arguably, but the latter especially will be in a Humble Bundle shortly after now.

Orgen

Thief was in the Humble Square Enix Bundle 2 in 2015, along with 11 other games, for ~$5. FFXIV was in the Humble Square Enix Bundle 3 the same week it was in this blind box. Life is Strange Episode 1 was also in the Humble Square Enix Bundle 3. It's an acceptable price for FF13 and Lara Croft Osiris, arguably, but the latter especially will be in a Humble Bundle shortly after now.

Didn't know about Thief but yeah, there's still some value there if you have few to none SE games (like myself :p). The SE store says that the value is more than 55 pounds, so maybe one FF title is there. People shouldn't be expecting recent games like Just Cause, Deus EX Mankind... etc.

Vlad

So I started the Room and... got stucked on the tutorial hahaha I'll need to focus for this game if I want to beat it because yesterday I was a little distracted and didn't find anything :(

I just finished the second game on my phone yesterday, and I will say that once you get a feel for what the game wants you to look for, it starts to get a bit easier. While I don't know if any of the puzzles across the first two games are explicit repeats, there are a lot of the same types of solutions, so you start to get into the groove of things after the initial "what is it asking me to do" period.

Wok

The sorting features of Enhanced Steam for the wishlist are amazing. Filter for discounted games only and sort by discount or price. Amazing stuff.

Anteater

but is dark spark worth getting

6vrDFRF.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The sorting features of Enhanced Steam for the wishlist are amazing. Filter for discounted games only and sort by discount or price. Amazing stuff.

-Agree-GIF.gif

:)

Tizoc

That's how I've been doing it the past 2-3 sales.
Go to wishlist, arrange it by Percentage (for example) and make a list of what to buy.
Did you only just NOW learn about them?

Now that I think about it, I feel kinda silly having not thank jshackles for adding this useful feature. Thanks mate~

but is dark spark worth getting

6vrDFRF.jpg

I don't recommend it. Fall and War are good enough as has been stated previously.

That's what I always do for weeklong sales/mid-week sales and the big sales. Filter for discounted games on my wishlist. Thanks jshackles.

Completely missed that Real World Racing had become delisted, and will not be put up for sale again.

Playstos said:
Hi everyone,

Sorry about the delay, but it wasn't possible to comment on this matter at an earlier time.

Unfortunately, a legal challenge came up regarding some of the content in Real World Racing and sales had to be suspended immediately.
No specific details can be disclosed, but if sales were to be resumed, we would have to modify parts of the game, and the effort is not financially viable. Real World Racing will remain indefinitely unavailable on Steam and any other platform.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/253470/discussions/0/351660338694837569/

I guess that brings some kind of value to the gift copy I have of the game in my inventory?

madjoki

Faeria is part of the Yogcast bundle. This is one of the good F2P trading card games along with Duelyst and Eternal Card Game.

Day 13 Saturday Morning RPG http://store.steampo...com/app/263320/ £4.99
Day 13 Rocket Riot http://store.steampo...com/app/460190/ £6.99
Day 14 Anomaly 2 http://store.steampo...com/app/236730/ £11.99
Day 14 BiT Evolution http://store.steampo...com/app/342020/ £6.99

Upcoming games for next two days

I guess they kept best until end of month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom