• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

I think I like Korra more than transformers devastation so far

am i a terrible person :<?

Korra's great. Sadly the game doesn't focus on Korrasami, but it's still great.

The most terrible

We can't be friends anymore Jaw.

Korra_41.gif

I think I like Korra more than transformers devastation so far

am i a terrible person :<?

Korra was fine. Considering the price/budget and the style of game/progression, liking one over the other is fine too.

The core combat of each game is, or can be, satisfying. Both come into themselves once you have everything unlocked/upgraded, and Korra starts with the parry move iirc (must be purchased in T:D). The most satisfying moves have to be purchased in Transformers (that rapid attack dash move). Transformers was definitely more polished though, and is evidence of what P* can do with a licensed property, a decent budget and timeframe.

Anteater

What about the TMNT game? That's the real test of terrible.

I've never played it, I haven't seen people talking about it lol

Korra was fine. Considering the price/budget and the style of game/progression, liking one over the other is fine too.

The core combat of each game is, or can be, satisfying. Transformers was definitely more polished though, and is evidence of what P* can do with a licensed property, a decent budget and timeframe.

yeah it is, I honestly love the combat in Korra where you switch elements with the bending gameplay, it is incredibly low budget though and you fight like the same enemies the entire game

rtcn63

You know, Thief wasn't all that terrible. Story was shit, backtracking through the over-world and loading times were shit, but it was... playable. It reminded me of Dishonored.

Anteater

nier 2 and sega's secret game
sonic
, 2017 is gonna be the year of the dream part 2

You know, Thief wasn't all that terrible. Story was shit, backtracking through the over-world and loading times were shit, but it was... playable. It reminded me of Dishonored.

got it for a few bucks and played it for a bit, the AIs are the problem from what I've played, they were kind of bad

FLD

Yeah, it's one of those games that when people call it terrible I can't help but wonder whether they know what a truly bad game is actually like. It definitely has problems and some questionable design decisions were made during its development, but all things considered I had a decent time with it.

ArjanN

Yeah, it's one of those games that when people call it terrible I can't help but wonder whether they know what a truly bad game is actually like. It definitely has problems and some questionable design decisions were made during its development, but all things considered I had a decent time with it.

Yeah it's just mediocre, although to be fair that still means there's essentially no reason to play it considering there were at least 100 straight up great games on Steam this year.

xist

I really didn't think Devil Daggers was something I'd enjoy. It looked basic and with no real aim except for survival I thought that I'd lose interest, but the download was small so I figured, why not....and initially I was pretty non-plussed. It was ok but seemed slightly emperor's new clothes. But then something clicked....not in my ability as I'm still pretty terrible, but I keep coming back, over and over and over and over again. Just one more go....need more seconds....

I swear this thing might consume me......

Kudo

From people who adore the Dark Souls/Bloodborne series- how was the Nioh beta?

Better than Souls, think I like Bloodborne still more but I'll leave that decision after the full game is out. Bloodborne is my GOAT if that puts things in perspective how good it was.

I got suckered into buying the 10 game mystery pack on GMG...again. So take these things away.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WhiskeyDiver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Huntsman: The Orphanage (Halloween Edition) -- MB-41A124FD6427654A
Barrow Hill: Curse of the Ancient Circle -- MB-6EFF52292CB842A4 - Taken by someguyinahat. 1 entrants total.
Spellweaver Vampire Overloard DLC Deck -- MB-8163ABA182B27073
Mazement -- MB-BA894E5B309B825F - Taken by user237. 1 entrants total.
Planet Driller -- MB-B1688344594147C3 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
After The End: The Harvest -- MB-7C4A6A68968C9A87 - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.
Red Goblin: Cursed Forest -- MB-D884D684E7A5E6EC - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
Three Dead Zed -- MB-60583512BF369CD7 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 5 entrants total.

t1481591371z1.png

thi4f? No, it is terrible. Irredeemable, even.

It could have been a mediocre game, but they didn't even get the audio mixing right. No matter what you're doing in thi4f, you're getting hit by bugs, clunkiness, or just a feeling that it could be better. And then you hit that final boss and begin to resent the game's existence to begin with.

If you're looking for stealth, go for Mark of the Ninja. It's everything thi4f is lacking.

Remember the Summer Lesson clone for PC?

UtRUR1.gif

Also not sure if they work, but you can try:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Tiamat X -- MB-12C5CB5360F58776 - Taken by Valxal
1Quest #2 -- MB-C58CCAA3B293B087 - Taken by dave is ok
1Quest -- MB-183E4DB06E86ACB9 - Taken by Purkake4

Teggy

Since I won't be playing FF15 now I decided to fire up something that might scratch a similar itch.

Moms are tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom