• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
stump pls
image.php

Lomax

Ewww, I forgot about that.

Why don't we give them more shit, again? Nostalgia for a series that peaked over a decade ago? The occasional "it ain't as shitty as I thought it was going to be" reboot?

Is it because they're holding Chrono Trigger/Cross hostage?

Honestly compared to basically every other Japanese dev, their support of PC gaming is excellent. And the Eidos branch has made some pretty good games in recent years as well.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Is it really a challenge to remember to post as part of a community that we are in theory a part of?

I guess it is. Why am I posting this even? NO ONE KNOWS.

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Dessert Storm -- MB-9DF77E7F892EEA93 - Taken by septicore
Bayla Bunny -- MB-C97F07525353712E - Taken by Undead Bokun

take them!!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hoping it sells enough for 2 to come.

That seems to be the case. 1, 2 and 3 were all uploaded at the same time and while the app for 3 has been dormant for months, 2's was last modified by Krome's own hand just a few weeks ago.

Backlogger

FUCK the last steam thread was the autumm sale right ?

Damn I don't have enoght posts to get a game xD

I need to remember to post more on steam sale threads =P

Meh I hate sale threads, too difficult to have a discussion in them. I guess I don't come around the regular thread much either anymore

Jadax

Indeed. Most of what we've had so far just hasn't been cricket. It's not a proper game unless we get to listen to the TMS crew discuss what cake they've had sent in.

I can't tell if you're being serious, but I actually like the TMS crew xD

The last proper cricket game I played was Brian Lara Cricket, and that was years ago...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It's a challenge sometimes!

Maybe after the winter sale I will try to do a rule that's not NOLURKERS, but something like "user has been posting in Steam threads for at least 3 months" or something. I don't want to tell people not to use NOLURKERS when they're giving away a huge game, but it'd be nice if we could figure out a way to allow long-time community members who just aren't very vocal.

I can't tell if you're being serious, but I actually like the TMS crew xD

The last proper cricket game I played was Brian Lara Cricket, and that was years ago...

When I was a kid my friend had a pretty sweet cricket game on the Amiga but it came with a dongle. I wonder what happened to dongles?

Cricket Captain is alright though I was never able to balance attacking and risk with the type of cricket. I usually did well in 4/5 day, averagely in 1 day and terrible in 20/20. A good team score for me in 20/20 was like 80!

A cricket game on the scale of Football manager would be godly.

Sober

Steam Client update is up.
DualShock4 support in the main branch.
XBONE controller with Win7 is a big headache to me. Maybe I'll try this out and see how it works. But I'm guessing it's supported only by games launched through BPM only?

derFeef

Steam Inventory Expert is not working anymore, anyone else having problems?
Like selling multiple items is not working. Or one button sell.

Xanathus

Steam Inventory Expert is not working anymore, anyone else having problems?
Like selling multiple items is not working. Or one button sell.

Yeah it's no longer working because Steam updated the inventory page, the extension probably only needs a little tweaking to fix it but obviously whoever owns it right now is incapable of doing it.
edit: I'm referring to Steam Inventory Helper though Steam Inventory Expert might have the same problem of not having a coder

Mivey

FUCK the last steam thread was the autumm sale right ?

Damn I don't have enoght posts to get a game xD

I need to remember to post more on steam sale threads =P
You reminded me, that I have this lying around for a while. Here, without lurker restrictions. I mean, most likely it will go to anyone else, but at least you might have a nonzero chance.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Mivey:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mivey, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Wasteland 2 DC -- MB-80C81E3A5F68664F - Taken by Hakkelus. 16 entrants total.

t1481626074z1.png

That's really cool of you Mivey.. I wish I could give shit away from time to time as well, but Steam is localized for me :(

Maybe I'll buy some stuff at GMG's winter sale to give away on GAF :)

Valxal

I'd pay Square $9.99 to find out if they're not going to screw with our hearts and release Nier Automata day and date with the PS4 version.

Knurek

XBONE controller with Win7 is a big headache to me. Maybe I'll try this out and see how it works. But I'm guessing it's supported only by games launched through BPM only?

If it's anything like Steam Controller, you only need BPM for touch menus.
Rest works fine with standard Steam Overlay - you just need to configure the game first in BPM and then have the controller disabled while starting the game.

derFeef

It's broken since valve made changes recently.

https://github.com/ncla/SteamInventoryExpert/issues/10

Yeah it's no longer working because Steam updated the inventory page, the extension probably only needs a little tweaking to fix it but obviously whoever owns it right now is incapable of doing it.
edit: I'm referring to Steam Inventory Helper though Steam Inventory Expert might have the same problem of not having a coder

That's too bad, thanks!

R u people using this steam inventory extension thing to sell your cards?
Yeah it's much easier that way.

Monooboe

Wow I didn't think anything would overtake Stardew Valley as my GOTY but if I keep liking FF15 as much as I do now 10 hours in I think it might be my GOTY. Though Stardew Valley is still my SteamGOTY of course.:D

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Oh god, why is there another 11GB update for Doom? It's already something like 75GB! It's getting to the point where I'm clearing out my Steam library just so that I can keep playing it. Frustrating.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh god, why is there another 11GB update for Doom? It's already something like 75GB! It's getting to the point where I'm clearing out my Steam library just so that I can keep playing it. Frustrating.

Doom's patches include MP content. Bethesda should do what Acti does with CoD and splinter off MP data into its own DLC app that people can opt out of.

Sober

At this point Bethesda should have DOOM bundled with new SSD purchases.

Pachimari

Anyone waiting for the PC version of Final Fantasy XV should be excited. It's a hell of a good game, and my game of the year.

Anyway, now that that one is completed, I'll go on to complete the side quests, and I already started up FFVI on my PC. Such lovely music!

Will return to FFXIV as well. I have to catch up, but it's hard staying up to date on a MMO.

Anyone waiting for the PC version of Final Fantasy XV should be excited. It's a hell of a good game, and my game of the year.

Anyway, now that that one is completed, I'll go on to complete the side quests, and I already started up FFVI on my PC. Such lovely music!

Will return to FFXIV as well. I have to catch up, but it's hard staying up to date on a MMO.

I was suprised to see relatively short times to beat it. It was a long time ago I played Final Fantasy games, so I thought they were 70h+ experiences just get through them.

Ludens

Banned

I respect your opinion but I think it's not a good game at all. Plot is so messy you can't simply understand what is going on after a certein point of the game, the gameplay is dull, the open-world is empty and filled with boring fetch quests like "Give a potion to a chocobo", "Give a potion to the sick man" and going on.

Maybe in one year or so SE will manage, with patches and dlcs, to make a full game, but for now this is like a beta.

For people curious about it, the main plot can be easily beaten in less than 15 hours with no struggles, while the full title can be completed in around 50/60 hours (all fetch and optional contents).

Pachimari

I respect your opinion but I think it's not a good game at all. Plot is so messy you can't simply understand what is going on after a certein point of the game, the gameplay is dull, the open-world is empty and filled with boring fetch quests like "Give a potion to a chocobo", "Give a potion to the sick man" and going on.

Maybe in one year or so SE will manage, with patches and dlcs, to make a full game, but for now this is like a beta.

For people curious about it, the main plot can be easily beaten in less than 15 hours with no struggles, while the full title can be completed in around 50/60 hours (all fetch and optional contents).

I did see your opinion earlier, and I do disagree but that's opinions and all. :)

What I do agree with is, that the plot has some holes that should have been filled, and it tries to play with our emotions when it doesn't quite work. The quests are also fetch quests like in FFXIV or any MMO. And according to ones taste, you'll either hate it or love it.

Valxal

I'm hoping FFXV and WoFF come to Steam sooner than later.

It would be nice to have Square games release as close as possible to their console versions.

Pachimari

I'm hoping FFXV and WoFF come to Steam sooner than later.

It would be nice to have Square games release as close as possible to their console versions.

I also want them to release them on Steam soon.

I really hate their release schedule, because I'm sitting here not knowing if I should buy World of Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest Builders or other Japanese games for my PS4 in case they get released on Steam later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom