• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick, someone check on Durante.

Gust titles on PC is great and I really, really hope they don't fall prey to the K-T shitty porting system.

Actually cool, but I am not quite sure how smart it is to release two (similar) games at the same date.

Yeah, me neither. But I guess the Steam business is working better for them than expected. Short term = Ports breaking even and bringing decent revenue. Mid-term = Additional revenues with sales. Long term = Games wont leave Steam for many years, so basically that's additionnal income without doing anything.

gar3

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Two Worlds Epic Edition -- MB-4F958D8D7913612B - Taken by Hakkelus

Nabs

Not many people care, but if you buy a 0,99 cent game on Oculus Home, you get Ripcoil for free.

A much better deal than their buy Oculus Rift get Donald Trump promotion.

8CEQmuH.gif

Ganado

Just like I gave Omega Force and Team Ninja a chance with their first ports, I will buy both of these games to show support, but if they half-ass it for 60 bucks, I won't buy anything after.

Phawx

I've been trying to use the Steam controller more as of late. For FPS, I still don't like how it feels. I've been using it to play Civ6 which is really nice, but one thing that I actively dislike (even though I understand *why* they do it) is the default controls is right-trigger is mouse-left-click and vice versa.

But when I jump into Civ6, they swap yet again. Meaning Left-Trigger is Left-Mouse-Click.

I understand the benefits of taking a configuration on-the-fly from a repo, but the default scheme should be left-trigger is left-mouse-click. I also realize that I can alter this myself to match my tastes, so none of this really matters, but it's the principle of it!

It's like when Apple says "natural scrolling"

Knurek

i don't think they will stop porting because of one bomb

besides, TITS SC did kinda bad and they still are porting TC, who knows

also, tbh, Xanadu Next bombing falls on them, too. Zero marketing.

It's been like a string of bombs on PC for them.
Literally every single title. For the same reasons, too. Zero marketing.

I've been trying to use the Steam controller more as of late. For FPS, I still don't like how it feels. I've been using it to play Civ6 which is really nice, but one thing that I actively dislike (even though I understand *why* they do it) is the default controls is right-trigger is mouse-left-click and vice versa.

That never clicked for me - why exactly are they doing it?

Jawmuncher

But when I jump into Civ6, they swap yet again. Meaning Left-Trigger is Left-Mouse-Click.

I understand the benefits of taking a configuration on-the-fly from a repo, but the default scheme should be left-trigger is left-mouse-click. I also realize that I can alter this myself to match my tastes, so none of this really matters, but it's the principle of it!

I'll agree about the FPS. Or really anything camera heavy just doesn't feel right to me. I made a big attempt with Deus Ex as wel and just didn't like it even after tinkering and using it for a few hours.

It's great for adventure games and other such title where you don't have to do worry about a camera imo.

Tizoc

i don't think they will stop porting because of one bomb

besides, TITS SC did kinda bad and they still are porting TC, who knows

also, tbh, Xanadu Next bombing falls on them, too. Zero marketing.

It's not like they marketed the initial Ys releases or their later releases.
How would they promote their games anyways? One way I can think of is reaching out to youtubers like maybe Lazy Game Room, Jimquisition, Giant Bomb, to name a few.
This simple act could introduce their game to a bigger audience and intice more people to get their releases.

Granjinha

i don't think a "stream" of bombs is really fair, since the bombs (afaik) have been: Xanadu Next, LKS (shitty port helped that), Corpse Party and Senran KAgura: Bon Appettit. And the long term really helps them.

Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim is already nearing 50k, for example.

I don't think they had high expectations for Nitroplus, so i wouldn't count that as a bomb.

It's not like they marketed the initial Ys releases or their later releases.
How would they promote their games anyways? One way I can think of is reaching out to youtubers like maybe Lazy Game Room, Jimquisition, Giant Bomb, to name a few.
This simple act could introduce their game to a bigger audience and intice more people to get their releases.

well during the YS releases there wasn't any competition

and yes, giving the games to youtubers and streamers before launch would actually help

Phawx

Well I assume that they have the default controls like that in the event that a game *doesn't* have a config file made for it, Right-Trigger is dominant *action* button on controller and Left-Click on mouse is dominant "action" button.

Tizoc

So I'm thinking of getting Rage, Doom 3 and Doom 3 BFG this sale.
Is OG Doom 3 available anywhere or is it part of a bundle?

neonglow

The Indiebox Steelbook games at Gamestop are a mess. I'd recommend nobody buy them. Rogue Legacy and Axiom Verge are missing codes and the paper manual. Nuclear Throne has a Steam code that doesn't even work.

My copy of Axiom Verge did have a Steam code but it didn't work. I had to contact the developer for a new key.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
maybe when all these games stop being 10€ too much at release theyll stop bombing, just saying.

Actually Xanadu is already in the 20€ spot that I think these games should come out at so...err...nvm >_>

Tizoc

I'll make a giveaway of Xanadu Next after winter seal should it go on sale.
I'm writing up a primer for the Ys series to replace the usual Ys hype threads I make.
I should prob. make a Xanadu Next hype thread as well.

Ascheroth

It is a crime how Xanadu Next sold. A crime, I tell you!
I can see the game do a lot of long term sales, because it really is really good, but sucks to see it like that.
My inner armchair analyst says that releasing games an Steam without much marketing just isn't cutting it anymore :/

---
GUST going all in on PC, what a time to be alive.
Now starts the time where we all pray that it isn't a 60$ bad port release like the usual KT stuff.
Please?

Tizoc

It is a crime how Xanadu Next sold. A crime, I tell you!
I can see the game do a lot of long term sales, because it really is really good, but sucks to see it like that.
My inner armchair analyst says that releasing games an Steam without much marketing just isn't cutting it anymore :/

---
GUST going all in on PC, what a time to be alive.
Now starts the time where we all pray that it isn't a 60$ bad port release like the usual KT stuff.
Please?

I say we spam youtubers' twitters to play Xanadu Next, what say you?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
do we even have console sales figures for these types of games btw? I mean, people act like they bomb on PC, but I dont see them being multiple hundred thousand sellers on console either tbh

Lain

I like Xanadu Next a lot and it's sad it didn't sell more but let's not kid ourselves. Decade old games won't light the charts on fire, with a few exceptions.

Tizoc

I like Xanadu Next a lot and it's sad it didn't sell more but let's not kid ourselves. Decade old games won't light the charts on fire, with a few exceptions.

So the question is how do you make them one of those 'few exceptions'.

ezodagrom

I'm hoping Xanadu Next tallies sales over time.
It has decent word of mouth and I'm hoping there are many like me that are just swamped with other games right now and will pick it up eventually.
This has been a pretty swamped season after all, though the next few months also look pretty swamped too...

Unai

Right trigger = left click makes more sense in most games.

I'll agree about the FPS. Or really anything camera heavy just doesn't feel right to me. I made a big attempt with Deus Ex as wel and just didn't like it even after tinkering and using it for a few hours.

It's great for adventure games and other such title where you don't have to do worry about a camera imo.

Camera heavy games are exactly the type of games that I play the most with the Steam Controller. Preferences and all that, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom