• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Ah crap, I had seen that Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite game a few times on Steam from popular releases and recommended for me, but I kept on thinking I saw Saya from Saya no Uta without looking deeper but told myself that couldn't be it, but it was actually Saya from Saya no Uta as a playable character! I admit, that instantly made me more interested.

Also Saya no Uta needs to come to Steam already,
I have a discount coupon if u want it

Also do u mean uncensord saya no uta? Cuz id be down for that

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I have a discount coupon if u want it

Also do u mean uncensord saya no uta? Cuz id be down for that

I'm happy you said that, I had a coupon as well probably for owning one of their games.

I would hope uncensored, but i have my doubts, though Steam seems to be going lighter on mature content in games as long as it's properly labelled. I'd even take a lightly censored version, but hope it eventually finds its way to Steam.

And now that I see I recognize a few of the characters even outside of Saya, here I go to be a sucker and purchase it. No regrets I guess.

Ludens

Banned
Well, Unravel looks great but it's very boring too. Passed two levels and I thought the game had like six of them, instead there are 12. The problem with the game is often, even when you find the solution to a puzzle, it's hard to apply it. This with insta-deaths make me hating the game, because controls often screw you up in the middle of a jump so if there's a puddle of water under you, you are done.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the nitro coupon is for owning skullgirls, so everyone on the planet should have it

Arthea

Atelier Sophie is coming and soonish, I'm in heaven.
What I should do for KT not to screw it? please be a good port, pretty please and then some!

Mivey

Atelier Sophie is coming and soonish, I'm in heaven.
What I should do for KT not to screw it? please be a good port, pretty please and then some!
Sacrifice a cow to Jupiter. Surely such a lavish sacrifice will soothe the gods and grant us their favour. At the very least, he might strike KT down with a thunderbolt if they mess up again.

giphy.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

FREEBIE -- MB-E437F756726AEBB4 - Taken by chronomac. 1 entrants total.
TIDALIS -- MB-670E76D71FFD28A3 - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
QUESTRUN -- MB-964619207152E94D - Taken by krczt23. 1 entrants total.
HUNTSMAN THE ORPHANAGE -- MB-67F6C184E6FC686C - Taken by bwral12. 1 entrants total.
TERRA INCOGNITA CHAPTER ONE -- MB-9DB1C0BDAEB7DE1F - Taken by ThirtyFour. 2 entrants total.
AFTER THE END THE HARVEST -- MB-802897AD351A5071 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
THREE DEAD ZED #2 -- MB-CBE49B60C5C3B494 - Taken by dave is ok. 1 entrants total.
BARROW HILL CURSE OF THE ANCIENT CIRCLE #2 -- MB-D316A7EEAF892B0A - Taken by bobnowhere. 4 entrants total.
RED GOBLIN CURSED FOREST -- MB-2D39829C28E75192 - Taken by Eila. 3 entrants total.
DARK SOULS PREPARE TO DIE -- MB-E87EA5B3B146E813 - Taken by hooijdonk17. 6 entrants total.
THREE DEAD ZED #1 -- MB-5EC2445CDFC91510 - Taken by Jalal. 4 entrants total.
BARROW HILL CURSE OF THE ANCIENT CIRCLE #2 #2 -- MB-2318AE157A7860CF - Taken by rainking187. 3 entrants total.
ORBURON -- MB-A399D453DDF38C4B - Taken by gaiadyne. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
SIMCITY (ORIGIN) -- MB-29FB923AFFC53091 - Taken by Jadax. 7 entrants total.
CORPORATE LIFESTYLE SIMULATOR -- MB-F3D48ED1E46BB681 - Taken by Ganado. 1 entrants total.
CHAINSAW WARRIOR LORDS OF THE NIGHT -- MB-3554886763D8B6F0 - Taken by Catshade. 3 entrants total.

t1481727204z1.png

Tizoc

I own a gold Dualshock 3 (I won it when I went to a Sony event and was one of the first in line) but I've never used it...
That is good too, just find a software to run it and play games or fighters with it
Itll be a whole new experience for you ;)

Mortal kombat plays differently to other fighters, tho that is a common rule between fighting games

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
friend of mine wants me get let it die, but I need to make a foreign PSN account because for whatever reason its not available in Portugal, and I really cant be arsed to do that

looks cool tho, and I would be all over it on PC

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I can't believe DC is doing an all female villain movie with Harley, Cat and Ivy. They should let WB team make a game like that too. Would be so epic.

they should scrap the movie and make a game instead - at least we'd get a quality product that way

Phinor

friend of mine wants me get let it die, but I need to make a foreign PSN account because for whatever reason its not available in Portugal, and I really cant be arsed to do that

looks cool tho, and I would be all over it on PC

It's weird how they released it suddenly with "available now!" and then not make it available to most of the world, including most of Europe. But in the end it's F2P so let them have it, plenty of other games to play.

Tizoc

I can't believe DC is doing an all female villain movie with Harley, Cat and Ivy. They should let WB team make a game like that too. Would be so epic.

The setting is indeed really good. Easily the best stuff about AC3 so far I'm kind of surprised more devs don't do games in that time period. But yea everything else has been boring. Too many characters hard to care about anyone.
But would the movie live up to how good the comic series was?

Sarcasm

ibn Saïd;226576354 said:
is dark souls playable with keyboard and mouse? i wanna try it out but i hear it plays like crap without a controller, and i don't have a pc controller (yet)

People beat the game with drums, dancepads and even blind.

I had some time to check a few titles on steam over the weekend, so my short impressions on some of them.

Tomb Raider
This is a real impressive looking videogame, suprising to me personally i also liked the gameplay mechanics, didnt like the older ones. Lara and the world has never looked that good. Maybe this is one reason.

Doom
Not my cup of tea tbh, but it plays smoothly and fast. Also nice gfx. I think for fans a must play.

80 Days
Chilling game if you like to read older english languaged stories. Its a bit difficult to follow and i had to use my mobile to check vokabulary frequently as im no english nativ speaker. I love Jules Verne stories, so im diving into it a lot more i think. Makes you want to travel asap, travel lust generator software for sure. Too bad it has no translation.

Resident Evil 4
I didnt play it that time when it released, but holy cow, that controls are really something special (bad). The atmosphere is great and id like to play more of it, but didnt want to fiddle with it. Maybe later.

Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen
This will be my RPG for the holidays. The character customization is nice, the combat feels right and its looking really great so far. I think capcom has a great engine with mt frameworks, loved it in Lost Planet and Dead Rising on the 360 too.

I also wanted to check Tropico 4, but it demands a kalypso launcher or something similar. I dont buy games with external launcher or registration crap, so it was my fault i didnt notice. Same with Sins of a solar empire Trinity, Same shit, never again from that company.

ibn Saïd;226576354 said:
is dark souls playable with keyboard and mouse? i wanna try it out but i hear it plays like crap without a controller, and i don't have a pc controller (yet)

When I played it way back I used a kb/m. It's not smooth but I got used to it and it went okay.
I tried to go back to play it again after finishing Dark Souls 3 (with kb/m) and I couldn't do it.
If you have no experience with any other souls games I'd say after a smallish learning curve you'll be good to go.

data

ibn Saïd;226576354 said:

It is.... playable. You'll have to memroize a lot of keys on the keyboard, and make uncomfortable hand movements often.

rtcn63

Resident Evil 4
I didnt play it that time when it released, but holy cow, that controls are really something special (bad). The atmosphere is great and id like to play more of it, but didnt want to fiddle with it. Maybe later.

You'll adjust to the controls. Realize that the game is designed around it (enemies will run up to you only to inch forward after a point). It's always jarring the first time you pick the up game up (even after multiple replays over the years), but you quickly get used to it. Have fun with it.

Anteater

Finished Prince of Persia The Sands of Time, such an awesome game, had a lot of fun with it, I actually find the combat difficult at times if I'm unlucky and got knocked down, dude can get stun locked, but I think the combat is good enough and fun. Game is beautiful too, I still think removing the bloom is the way to go because there's actually already bloom for bright lights before they added another layer of blur on the entire screen lol

I do want to play the sequels but I don't have them, and Ubi don't seem to like putting their old games on high discounts lately :(

xist

I think I may fall into the Square Enix mystery bundle trap.....well, at least I have the refund option if it goes pear shaped, which isn't an option for everyone.

Another duplicate/spare -
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (xist, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Horizon Shift -- MB-33A83E2A270D5B9F - Taken by Cth

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Baron_Calamity, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

FREEBIE -- MB-E437F756726AEBB4 - Taken by chronomac. 1 entrants total.
TIDALIS -- MB-670E76D71FFD28A3 - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
QUESTRUN -- MB-964619207152E94D - Taken by krczt23. 1 entrants total.
HUNTSMAN THE ORPHANAGE -- MB-67F6C184E6FC686C - Taken by bwral12. 1 entrants total.
TERRA INCOGNITA CHAPTER ONE -- MB-9DB1C0BDAEB7DE1F - Taken by ThirtyFour. 2 entrants total.
AFTER THE END THE HARVEST -- MB-802897AD351A5071 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
THREE DEAD ZED #2 -- MB-CBE49B60C5C3B494 - Taken by dave is ok. 1 entrants total.
BARROW HILL CURSE OF THE ANCIENT CIRCLE #2 -- MB-D316A7EEAF892B0A - Taken by bobnowhere. 4 entrants total.
RED GOBLIN CURSED FOREST -- MB-2D39829C28E75192 - Taken by Eila. 3 entrants total.
DARK SOULS PREPARE TO DIE -- MB-E87EA5B3B146E813 - Taken by hooijdonk17. 6 entrants total.
THREE DEAD ZED #1 -- MB-5EC2445CDFC91510 - Taken by Jalal. 4 entrants total.
BARROW HILL CURSE OF THE ANCIENT CIRCLE #2 #2 -- MB-2318AE157A7860CF - Taken by rainking187. 3 entrants total.
ORBURON -- MB-A399D453DDF38C4B - Taken by gaiadyne. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
SIMCITY (ORIGIN) -- MB-29FB923AFFC53091 - Taken by Jadax. 7 entrants total.
CORPORATE LIFESTYLE SIMULATOR -- MB-F3D48ED1E46BB681 - Taken by Ganado. 1 entrants total.
CHAINSAW WARRIOR LORDS OF THE NIGHT -- MB-3554886763D8B6F0 - Taken by Catshade. 3 entrants total.

t1481727204z1.png

data

Finished Prince of Persia The Sands of Time, such an awesome game, had a lot of fun with it, I actually find the combat difficult at times if I'm unlucky and got knocked down, dude can get stun locked, but I think the combat is good enough and fun. Game is beautiful too, I still think removing the bloom is the way to go because there's actually already bloom for bright lights before they added another layer of blur on the entire screen lol

I do want to play the sequels but I don't have them, and Ubi don't seem to like putting their old games on high discounts lately :(

tbh the sequels are kind of bad (coming from someone who's played them all except the PS3 ones). None of them are like the original

You'll adjust to the controls. Realize that the game is designed around it (enemies will run up to you only to inch forward after a point). It's always jarring the first time you pick the up game up (even after multiple replays over the years), but you quickly get used to it. Have fun with it.

I will for sure, just hadnt that much time to get it on the first quick look, but the setting and atmosphere is entirely to my taste.

Anteater

tbh the sequels are kind of bad (coming from someone who's played them all except the PS3 ones). None of them are like the original

aww really, I think I'll probably still have fun with them unless they're completely different, not many this type of games these days

If you want to get a bit hyped, go watch Dagon (2001).

tumblr_m2hqeqfZHc1qjeh4lo1_500.gif

Shadow over Innsmouth is my favourite H.P. Lovecraft (goat) novella. How did i miss that movie?

edit, thanks for the movie tips, many of them lovecraft themed ones i skipped because of its trashy looks. Maybe i check some out. Id like to see some serious try on one of these stories.

Honestly, this is pretty wrong wrt Two Thrones and Forgotten Sands.

Warrior Within is a different beast altogether, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

POP 08 is completely different as well, but either the best of the lot since Sands of Time or the worst game ever depending on who you ask.

rtcn63

Shadow over Innsmouth is my favourite H.P. Lovecraft (goat) novella. How did i miss that movie?

Necronomicon: Book of the Dead is also worth a watch for the RE5/Dead Space influences. It's an anthology consisting of three stories with a brief wraparound.

Kniga.Mertvyh.Rus_-_21.18.36.jpg

EDIT: There's also In the Mouth of Madness and the black-and-white Cthulhu film (2005)

The-Call-Of-Cthulhu.jpg

derFeef

There are only a few lovecraftian movies that are worthwhile watching *points to avatar*. Hand full of short movies are pretty good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom