• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
There are only a few lovecraftian movies that are worthwhile watching *points to avatar*. Hand full of short movies are pretty good too.

Re-Animator is a fun horrorflick, but I think its a horrible Lovecraft movie.

From Beyond is the only worth watching IMO, but I havent seen the Necronomicon Anthology yet.

Wok

If you want to get a bit hyped, go watch Dagon (2001).

tumblr_m2hqeqfZHc1qjeh4lo1_500.gif

Is it a sexy movie? Sorry, too much anime on Steam.

dimmer

This is technically true but low standards is a thing when it comes to Lovecraft film adaptations

Re-Animator is a little more acceptable. In the Mouth of Madness is another one.But I think that's it.

Nope, have an i7 6700 and a 1080 and it's unplayable. Add no controller support and I'd rather play the emulated Gamecube version.

Didn't ANYONE in Ubisoft tested it before giving the game away for free?

Nabs

Did anyone manage to run Beyond Good and Evil decently on Uplay? For me it still is a slideshow

Yeah, it runs great over here. Here's what I typed up in the BG&E thread for those on Nvidia cards:

I enabled everything in the advanced settings except for AA (I'm downsampling), then I went and forced Vsync in the Nvidia control panel for bge.exe. I'm also using the widescreen fix from here.

rtcn63

Macarena Gomez (from the Dagon gif) was in a really bad but popcorn watchable Spanish film called SexyKiller that parodies horror movies (including Re-Animator).

tumblr_ndz8g4yhsa1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

She's also in the really fun Witching and Bitching (Spanish)

tumblr_n6aunxW0bY1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

witching%2B14.gif

dimmer

I have, it works very well for me (even with EAX support), try to (un)tick some boxes in Advanced Settings of the game (i forgot what fixes framerate for me)
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Beyond_Good_&_Evil#Low_frame_rate

Yeah, it runs great over here. Here's what I typed up in the BG&E thread for those on Nvidia cards:

I enabled everything in the advanced settings except for AA (I'm downsampling), then I went and forced Vsync in the Nvidia control panel for bge.exe. I'm also using the widescreen fix from here.

I'll try it now and see what happens. Thanks

Cth

Am I misremembering The Curse? I thought that was somewhat decent considering the time period.

Did anyone see that HBO Cast a Deadly Spell with Fred Ward as Detective Lovecraft? :D

Nzyme32

Did anyone manage to run Beyond Good and Evil decently on Uplay? For me it still is a slideshow

Yeah as above - iirc there is an issue with the AA setting anyway.

Also if you continue to have issues there is this - http://steamcommunity.com/app/15130/discussions/0/348292957936876721/

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like I should be able to find this information on my own easy enough, but I'm feeling lazy.

What are the rules for this years SteamGAF GOTYs?

No DLC
No Early Access
No Episodic Games Where More Than Half The Episodes Don't Come Out This Year
No Remakes or Remasters
No Ports Of Old Console Games...?
No Blizzard or Riot Games For Some Reason

So, Blood and Wine is out because it's DLC, Divinity: OS 2 is out because it's Early Access, HITMAN and Batman: Telltale are in but if a game like them managed to have it's release schedule split between two years it'd be questionable, the Bioshock and Skyrim remasters are out, annnnd...Dragon's Dogma is in? I can't remember if DD:D Arisen qualifies or not. Maybe that was more a discussion about how worthwhile it is to vote for old console ports.
Episodic games are okay as long as its last episode released this year. So Kentucky Route Zero is out, but King's Quest is fine.

Remakes and Remasters are fine too, as long as they were never on Steam before. So Bioshock Remaster is out.

Ports of old console games are fine, as long as they were never on Steam before. So Dragon's Dogma and Disgaea are eligible.

Blizzard and Riot are out unless the game is on Steam. It's Steam GOTY, not PC in general.

I do want to play the sequels but I don't have them, and Ubi don't seem to like putting their old games on high discounts lately :(
Sands of Time is the best of the trilogy. Warrior Within is god awful, and Two Thrones is okay. Never played Forgotten Sands or PoP 08, so can't help you there.

rtcn63

Another would be Honeymoon (with what's-her-redhead from Game of Thrones), but they're more like "Lovecraft-lite" with a heavier emphasis on iffy personal drama generally. Watchable but never particularly memorable.

gabbo

Another would be Honeymoon (with what's-her-redhead from Game of Thrones), but they're more like "Lovecraft-lite" with a heavier emphasis on iffy personal drama generally. Watchable but never particularly memorable.

That's not really lovecraftian is it? Maybe tangentially. At least it and Spring are entertaining enough without trying to adapt directly.

rtcn63

That's not really lovecraftian is it? Maybe tangentially. At least it and Spring are entertaining enough without trying to adapt directly.

Yeah. Lovecraft and horror movie films in particular, we... we've learned to take what we can get.

EDIT: Not Lovecraft either, but the BBC Strange & Norrell adaptation was pretty enjoyable:

x2mfRkD.gif

tumblr_npyp2yrp2Z1us57u5o3_540.gif

tumblr_nplv4bSMbz1qhc9d1o4_500.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah. Lovecraft and horror movie films in particular, we... we've learned to take what we can get.

EDIT: Not Lovecraft either, but the BBC Strange & Norrell adaptation was pretty enjoyable:

x2mfRkD.gif

whoa whats that?

Volimar

x2mfRkD.gif

That just makes me want a live action Full Metal Alchemist.

Sega stays forever losing always no matter what and I say that as a Dreamcast fan.

ibn Saïd;226576354 said:
is dark souls playable with keyboard and mouse? i wanna try it out but i hear it plays like crap without a controller, and i don't have a pc controller (yet)
No, please wait until you acquire a controller. It's really optimal.

Messiah

-Revelator- is now out

50 bucks. 45 if you own Xrd.

Deluxe Edition didn't get the 10% launch discount (additionally to the 10% from owning Sign) ArcSys is currently working on resolving the issue with valve. So hold off for a bit if you wanted that version.

ezodagrom

So, can we all agree Sega gives no fuck about PC anymore ?
I wouldn't rule it out yet.
That announcement is coming from SEGA America, while SEGA Europe is the one with a focus on PC.

SEGA America and SEGA Europe are pretty much separate entities (wish they would work more together, but it is what it is I guess), so I wouldn't rule out SEGA Europe announcing a PC version next year or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom