• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got $6 in steam wallet. Should I get Transistor or Child of Light?

Transistor is a good game game. Heard Child of Light has a bit more simplistic combat. For story... eh CoL might be better. I personally didn't care for the former's story or more specifically how Transistor told its story.

chronomac

Including the auction, this is my haul:

Escape Goat
Hexcells Complete Pack
BattleBlock Theater
How to Survive - Storm Warning Edition
Metal Gear Rising
The Entente Gold
Squishy the Suicidal Pig
Back to Bed

I also got a few games for Christmas (like Trials Fusion and LEGO Lord of the Rings) and a few from GAF, which is always nice.

Parsnip

Oh no, it's a list.

onozomg.gif

Yeah, first impressions of DeadCore are really good. http://store.steampowered.com/app/284460/

That soundtrack though, damn. https://deadcore-ost.bandcamp.com/album/deadcore-ost-story

Only problem I have right now is that it feels a little harder to judge my jumps in first person, compared to third person games.

This is my first time seeing this game and it looks fun. Read some reviews on it and it sounds like the game is too often unfairly difficult. Jumps and shots that need to be pixel perfect. I like difficult games, but not when they are insanely difficult. Like bullet hell games or SMB..

Cerity

Didn't pick up too much this time around, I got more during the thanksgiving sale tbh.

Would have loved to do some gifting on gaf but the new region locks are ass for that :/

I think my last purchase for this sale will be Ridge Racer Unbounded (Complete). I have $2 on my wallet so it'll only cost me a couple bucks for the price difference.

What was the price when it was a flash? I had it confused with a FPS and never even looked at it. Now I see it is a cool 2d rainbow six. Looks awesome!

The wisdom of the Dundersama says "Doorkickers is cool, but it ain't no Frozen Synapse." or something to that effect. :3

Elija2

Damn, Freedom Planet cards go for a lot. I even got a foil drop. I guess I can't complain that it wasn't a daily deal anymore.

gngf123

This is my first time seeing this game and it looks fun. Read some reviews on it and it sounds like the game is too often unfairly difficult. Jumps and shots that need to be pixel perfect. I like difficult games, but not when they are insanely difficult. Like bullet hell games or SMB..

It definitely requires precision. Hasn't been too bad so far but I'll see how it goes. Early days yet.

It seems to be built with speedrunning in mind. Kind of like Cloudbuilt in that respect, but an FPS with more puzzle elements and less boosting everywhere. That's another game I like that is also sometimes reviewed as being unfairly difficult, aha.

Tellaerin

I think my last purchase for this sale will be Ridge Racer Unbounded (Complete). I have $2 on my wallet so it'll only cost me a couple bucks for the price difference.

Damn it, that's frustrating. They weren't offering a bundle with the core game and DLC when I bought it. I guess I could buy the bundle to get all the DLC, but it feels strange knowing that I'd be re-buying the game, even though it'd cost a good bit less than buying the DLC separately. >_<

Do you mean you like bullet hell games and SMB, or that you think those are unfairly difficult? Not quite sure how to parse that sentence.

Damn it, that's frustrating. They weren't offering a bundle with the core game and DLC when I bought it. I guess I could buy the bundle to get all the DLC, but it feels strange knowing that I'd be re-buying the game, even though it'd cost a good bit less than buying the DLC separately. >_<

Do you mean you like bullet hell games and SMB, or that you think those are unfairly difficult? Not quite sure how to parse that sentence.

Welcome to Bethesda Syndrome.

And he means that he likes difficult/challenging games, but finds games like bullet hell shooters and SMB to be too difficult to a level of being "unfair", or as gngf123 (that's a mouthful) pointed out already:

I think he doesn't like unfairly difficult games, and listed those as an example.

I don't find SMB unfairly difficult at all, but that's me.

Hey now, not everyone can be as pro as you. :p

gngf123

I think he doesn't like unfairly difficult games, and listed those as an example.

I don't find SMB unfairly difficult at all, but that's me.

gngf123 (that's a mouthful)

Aha yeah it is. Sorry about that.

If we're doing lists, I picked up:

-Contagion
-Witcher 1
-Witcher 2
-LISA
-Malebolgia
-Astebreed
-Gearcrack
-Vagante
-Elliot Quest
-Wreckfest
-Recettear
-Crypt of the Necrodancer
-Super Time Force Ultra
-Hatoful Boyfriend
-Super Meat Boy

Still have about $20 to add one or two more games to the full haul. Pretty happy with my buys this sale.

Yeah...the Complete Bundle is $3.74 while the DLC itself is $9.71

I mentioned this before and I will again. Mount&Blade: Warband is a pretty good game. Also, the major mod overhaul L'Aigle is supposedly coming today at 8pm EST or so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVgCCVbLkmo

Although, some caveats about it was made known to me when moi and some M&B multiplayer lads took a look at the closed alpha footage of the mod. The pseudo-Freelancer mod(the ability to enlist in a AI controlled army) seems to be half-baked. And the animations and timings were horrible for the bayonet/musket melee, the dead-zones of the melee reach was buggered and etc. The one who did those animations for L'Aigle said he was going to fix it, but I'm not holding my breath.

pahamrick

So, stupid question.

If I own a game on UPlay, but not on steam can I buy DLC for that UPlay game on Steam and have it work with the UPlay only version once I enter the serial?

Wok

I need more details. Everyone else had only good things to say so far.

The game is lacking humor, I think. I cannot feel empathy for the robotic protagonists or the "God" narrator. It made me realize how good Portal 1 and 2 are with this regard.

ironmang

Check out Don't Starve, Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, and Mount and Blade: Warband. Some of my favorite games, extremely cheap, and required play for any PC gamer.

I have Don't Starve on Vita but I'll have to check the other two out. Was hoping to see Binding for cheaper but looks like $10 is the best I'm going to see. Never heard of the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom