• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, this Fork Parker Game runs and feels better than the majority of 2D indie games. It's solid as fuck, feels great, and has great controller support (ds4/xbox automatically). The game is also pretty damn fun once you get the hang of the rope mechanic. I'm excited for Gungeon if it's running on this engine, and I wouldn't mind if they went and developed a full Fork Parker title. Give the kids what they want (random levels, roguelike-like, leaderboards) and run wild with the level templates. I'd be down.
The annoying part about the Fork Parker game is that there's no resolution control. Full-screen only, and you can't resize it either after forcing windowed mode through Alt + Enter.

Agreed it on having (surprisingly) solid platforming fundamentals though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
300GB, and it's shared between 5 people. We usually hit it, so I have to be very careful about downloads.

I don't think I could survive on anything less than 400GB, and even that wouldn't be enough some months.

Compsiox

Banned
Reposting to keep from getting lost:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Geforce/Uplay key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Compsiox, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
GF-GTX-Pick-Your-Path-Bundle-WheretoBuy-Header-GFcom-717.jpg

Choose Your Path GeForce -- MB-BEB3862E2FAA3617 - Taken by JimmyRickard. 82 entrants total.

t1419059686z1.png

The key winner must redeem the code at https://redeem.geforce.com

bigzgod

They're also the dumbest thing.
I just don't understand their need.

From the consumer perspective, depending on your location, sometimes you have no choice at all. In many places, some ISPs hold a virtual monopoly on internet service unless you're willing to use dialup or incredibly slow DSL, which allows them to dictate terms to the consumer. Data caps are one way for them to increase their earnings and the consumer has little alternative but to just take it (or move).

From the ISP perspective, it's all about money.

It's two pronged. The first reason is the fact that most of the ISPs also provide cable tv and telephone service. With internet plans, the latter two are slowly becoming less and less desirable, as you can piggyback phone service off data or just cut it altogether using cell phones only and instead of typical tv service, just stream everything online, even directly to your TV. By setting up a data cap, they're effectively limiting your streaming options, making it far more likely you'll set up TV service through them at an exorbitant price, with the potential possibility for on demand revenue.

The second reason is that with data caps, they can also charge vicious overage fees and correspondingly "different" data plans with different data caps. They likely saw how cell phone service providers were able to charge absurd amounts for only a marginal increase in data usage and wanted a piece of that pie as well. By setting an artificial data cap, they can potentially get you to pay substantially more for a "higher tier" of data caps. In the event you go over as well, they can charge you ridiculous amounts per MB over.

Compsiox

Banned
Reposting for new page. This is my final post for tonight. Cya guys tomorrow.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Geforce/Uplay key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Compsiox, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
GF-GTX-Pick-Your-Path-Bundle-WheretoBuy-Header-GFcom-717.jpg

Choose Your Path GeForce -- MB-BEB3862E2FAA3617 - Taken by JimmyRickard. 82 entrants total.

t1419059686z1.png

The key winner must redeem the code at https://redeem.geforce.com

Coreda

Reached a point in Detective Case and Clown Bot in: Murder in the Hotel Lisbon where the game just hung. Animations still play but nothing can be interacted with. Haven't saved in a while... :/

Also can't take any screenshots while in game, which is apparently a bug some users have come across. Wish these things were fixed.

Tizoc

Reached a point in Detective Case and Clown Bot in: Murder in the Hotel Lisbon where the game just hung. Animations still play but nothing can be interacted with. Haven't saved in a while... :/

Also can't take any screenshots while in game, which is apparently a bug some users have come across. Wish these things were fixed.

One of the devs of the game posts on GAF
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=19906
Maybe PM him to help resolve it?

MBison

Played Waves recently, pretty fun little Geometry Wars clone. What's some other cheap simple shooters/arcade like games? I miss the Steam sale hidden gems threads :)

Backlogger

Wow, that Dragon Age 2 price on Nuuvem, too bad for region restrictions. Funny thing is I thought I already owned it on Origin, but I don't

Knurek

Anyone has some thoughts to share on State of Decay?
Had the game on the wishlist for such a long time, I forgot why I even put it there. :)

tioslash

So I´ve downloaded the Geforce 347.09 drivers to have "the best possible gaming experience" on MGS: GZ, aaand it´s BSOD all the time.

-MD-

Anyone has some thoughts to share on State of Decay?
Had the game on the wishlist for such a long time, I forgot why I even put it there. :)

I had it on my wishlist for a long time too but I bought it a few sales back, honestly couldn't bring myself to invest time into it after playing for 3 hours and seeing how the mechanics worked (having to wait like a full 24 hours in real life for a character to be healthy, mediocre ai and melee/shooting that just wasn't fun) I uninstalled it.

get all weapons

it's kinda lame that you gotta ng++ it to get it and i actually have a character in ng++ that has all weapons except one of sif's because i was an idiot and upgraded the wrong sword and ended up with two repeats (idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot)

i got stuck on ng++ four kings with that character so i never got it, but another option might be just grab her and see if i can beat four kings now, maybe just summon if steamworks is alright and rush ng+++ for another shot at sif

i just fucking hate four kings

Grief just got it... so talk to him, maybe you can get your SL sync'ed up enough to have him drop the one you need and save you some time.

--

I'm so pissed I got screwed out of using my final 3k gems to get Sentris or something else good... I ended up crashing hard and when I got up, the auctions were over. In the meantime everything had bottomed out and some of you were getting Sentris and the like for 2.5$ or so. (Good for you, not good for me and my love of bargains...)

Popstar

I was trying to get The Sun and Moon during the auction but I got sniped :(

I then grabbed something else and I didn't have enough gems to bid again. I think it went as low as 2500 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom