• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Daily
  • Train Simulator 2015 50% off
  • Dynasty Warriors 8 66% off
  • The Escapists 50% off
  • Outlast 75% off
  • Saints Row IV 75% off
  • Walking Dead S2 75% off
  • Chivalry 80% off
  • GTAIV 75% off
  • Endless Legend 50% off
12 hour deals
  • Papers, Please 75% off
  • VtM Bloodlines 75% off
  • Mount Your Friends 60% off
  • Red Alert 3 75% off
  • Tabletop Simulator 40% off
  • X Plane 10 50% off
Community choice
  • Orion Prelude 50% off
  • OMSI2 50% off
  • IL2 Sturmovik 50% off

Humble Store last dailies
  • This War of Mine
  • Shadow of Mordor
  • Final Fantasy IV
  • The Witcher 2
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Screencheat
  • Wolf Among Us
  • Total War RomeII
  • Valkyria Chronicles
  • Alan Wake + American Nightmare
  • Planetary Annihilation
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Don't Starve Reign of Giants
  • Shadow Warrior
  • Sonic Hits Collection
  • Antichamber
  • Divinity Original Sin
  • Alien Isolation
  • Gauntlet
  • Walking Dead S1 & S2
  • Saints Row Ultimate Franchise Pack
  • Road Redemption
  • Banner Saga
  • Goat Simulator
  • Thief
  • Rogue Legacy
  • Tropico 5
  • Anno 2070
  • Five Nights at Freddy's
  • Killer is Dead
  • LEGO Batman 3
  • Gamedev Tycoon
  • RPG Maker VX Ace
  • Legend of Grimrock II
  • Final Fantasy VIII
  • Murdered Soul Suspect
  • Tomb Raider GOTY
  • Skullgirls
  • Mount & Blade Warband
  • South Park The Stick of Truth
  • Xenonauts
  • Comapny of Heroes 2
  • UnEpic
  • Final Fantasy III
  • 7 Days to Die
  • Batman Oranges
  • Sleepydogs Definitive
  • FTL
  • Octodad
  • Prison Architect
  • Banished
  • Towefall Ascension
  • Kentucky Route Zero
  • Don't Starve
  • Broforce
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2 + Going East
  • Godus
  • Volgarr
  • Grim Dawn
  • You Don't Know Jack Classic Pack Bundle
  • Assflag
  • AVGN Adventures
  • Tabletop Simulator
  • Dreamfall Chapters
  • Farcry 3
  • The Bridge
  • Dustforce
  • Pixel Piracy
  • Legend of Grimrock
  • Last Remnant
  • Gods Will Be Watching
  • Nidhogg

Hey fellas,

I just pushed in a new version (most likely final one for a while) of the NeoGAF MonkeyBot script that addresses the few annoying parts of the original script:

ghDYjm2.png

• Script now prompts user if the Steam Profile Name or API key is empty (after script update for example). It's still recommended that you set them yourself to the script too, but that's just a precaution
  • Improved the game recognition so it should catch cases like "Batman^TM: Arkham Oranges" and "Batman Arkham Oranges" but not Batman Arkham Orguns GOTY sadly

https://github.com/petetnt/neogaf-monkeybot

The instructions for this are not very clear. I registered a steam API key for myself but what domain do I use? I have no website. Just used http://www.neogaf.com/

Its not doing anything. Using tampermonkey on chrome btw.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lol at those choices. voted for the dino thing for munch

Chariot

Roughly an hour left. Don't forget the birds over the amazing steam deals :p
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chariot, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Please don't be french

Hatoful Boyfriend -- MB-82B0A7CBC7F28E91 - Taken by Ventara. 6 entrants total.
Hatoful Boyfriend #2 -- MB-F93A00F5E6D03C81 - Taken by Bayonetta. 6 entrants total.
Hatoful Boyfriend #5 -- MB-57392912FA9D0F5E - Taken by WinterDemons. 5 entrants total.
Hatoful Boyfriend #4 -- MB-E224FC5029189FAF - Taken by drizzle. 14 entrants total.
Hatoful Boyfriend #3 -- MB-47EE01753921A464 - Taken by milena87. 4 entrants total.

t1419275636z1.png

The instructions for this are not very clear. I registered a steam API key for myself but what domain do I use? I have no website. Just used http://www.neogaf.com/

Its not doing anything. Using tampermonkey on chrome btw.

The domain doesn't matter. Did it prompt you for your Steam Profile Name and the API key? Can you open the developers console (F12) and checking the "Console" tab if it's throwing any errors?

Works great!
thank you very much :D

Great!

Another day, nothing for me. Where aaareee youuuu This War Of Mine!

edit: Humble Bundle has TWOM for the same price as Steam with extra crap

Yes it did, but I didnt have API at the time. I added my profile name and API key into your script through Tampermonkey, where it indicated I should put them.

Profile name is my current Steam name right?

Console shows a lot of "Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token" with some "MonkeyBot - Retrieving Steam Game List failed. Try again later"

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <
VM26693:10448 MonkeyBot - Retrieving Steam Game List failed. Try again later
showpost.php?p=144371509&postcount=3232:1 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <
showpost.php?p=144371509&postcount=3232:1 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <

Either your API key was wrong or your username was wrong, but it might have been also just Steam lagging because of the sale. For the unexpected token < things the GAF ads are to blame and you should just disregard that.

Your Steam Profile Name should be the one you can access Community with, for example mine is: http://steamcommunity.com/id/MemphisCreep/home/

The domain doesn't matter. Did it prompt you for your Steam Profile Name and the API key? Can you open the developers console (F12) and checking the "Console" tab if it's throwing any errors?

Great!

Another day, nothing for me. Where aaareee youuuu This War Of Mine!

Yes it did, but I didnt have API at the time. I added my profile name and API key into your script through Tampermonkey, where it indicated I should put them.

Profile name is my current Steam name right?

Console shows a lot of "Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token" with some "MonkeyBot - Retrieving Steam Game List failed. Try again later" in between her and there

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <
VM26693:10448 MonkeyBot - Retrieving Steam Game List failed. Try again later

StAidan

Boy, I know there is still time for the sale to redeem itself but the humble bundle dailies have been miles better than anything I've seen on Steam so far. I'm regretting the decision to add my whole sale budget directly to my Steam wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom