• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

What's up with Steam downloads today? It's pretty unconsistent for me today and in the double digits KB for a few minutes, shoots up for a few seconds and then comes back down. Been changing server region but that didn't help.

I really thought it was my connection.

Weird.

I would rather date someone into spiders than knives.
I don't mind spiders, aside from the poisonous kind. They're your friend. They'll eat your bugs. I don't mind if I spot one around my place, except I have stupid spiders that like to set shop in my shower for some reason. I just grab a card to scoop 'em with and give them a ride to the room over, hoping they have better luck there.

Monooboe

Ugh I think Hollow Knight be too hard for me.XD I don't have the nerves for boss fight in general and specially not ones where you always feel underpowered. Fighting the needle lady and everything is timed so I never have time to heal and she keeps killing me.

EDIT: Oh never mind haha, realised I can heal when she is down, so used to having to punch bosses when they are down catching their breath.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ugh I think Hollow Knight be too hard for me.XD I don't have the nerves for boss fight in general and specially not ones where you always feel underpowered. Fighting the needle lady and everything is timed so I never have time to heal and she keeps killing me.

EDIT: Oh never mind haha, realised I can heal when she is down, so used to having to punch bosses when they are down catching their breath.

yeah, that was my go-to strategy more often than not, it works on most bosses

Monooboe

yeah, that was my go-to strategy more often than not, it works on most bosses

Yeah I think I might think that the game is harder than it is sometimes, sometimes I get super stressed about a fight that I think is a boss but turned out to a regular enemy haha. At first I wasn't used to dying as much as one does.

zkylon

zkylewd
almost finished with prey

i feel like the middle part got a lot of momentum but some of this sidequesting running around kind of got me tired of it

there's been a fair number of good sidequests but i'm so overpowered at the moment that i just boost and superjump all over the place and ignore most enemies while i run around doing errands for the survivors, that's kind of a weird experience to be having in this game

i'm in the end tho, i feel like i got my A ending and B ending missions so i'm just gonna go to bed and consider my options and try and finish it tomorrow

it also feels like the game sort of ran out of tricks, so i'm glad it's ending, i kind of saw what it had to offer, it was alright, but i want to move to something else

Yeah I think I might think that the game is harder than it is sometimes, sometimes I get super stressed about a fight that I think is a boss but turned out to a regular enemy haha. At first I wasn't used to dying as much as one does.
game is pretty tough, although you can cheese through a lot of difficult bosses

Knurek

Nier: Automata continues to have the best OST from any game released this year.
Like really, I can listen to it all day, everyday.

(Such a pity the PC source files have multiple versions of each song with sections striped/silenced out - only way to get the full experience is by getting the actual CD release).

Deques

(Such a pity the PC source files have multiple versions of each song with sections striped/silenced out - only way to get the full experience is by getting the actual CD release).

You could find the soundtrack on Youtube. Dunno if they are from the CD release or just rips

Am I risking getting banned now?

AHA-Lambda

Dear lord chapters 4 & 5 of Danganronpa V3 are just mental D:

And I'm convinced now that Kokichi is the best character the series has ever had.

New Blade Runner is excellent, that is all.

Definitely, fantastic film and I say that as someone who wasn't overly impressed by the original tbh
(Don't hurt me...)

Hektor

You could find the soundtrack on Youtube. Dunno if they are from the CD release or just rips

Am I risking getting banned now?

Theoretically, youtube uploads of entire music albums are copyright infringement just like any other form of piracy, but this form is socially accepted enough that you don't have to worry about GAF-posters blaming you pretending to have a higher moral ground so they can feel like good people on the internet.

Just a matter of time now until you're gonna buy all 10 Nier albums

lmfao, you haven't seen anything yet

Coreda

The OST versions are actually slightly different arrangements, too. Most of the variant tracks are just different audio layers with identical lengths, so you technically could match them up as you like in an audio editor but ain'tnobodygottimeforthat.gif. That said each song from the source files does actually contain a full base fix, from what I've heard.

Theoretically, youtube uploads of entire music albums are copyright infringement just like any other form of piracy, but this form is socially accepted enough that you don't have to worry about GAF-posters blaming you pretending to have a higher moral ground so they can feel like good people on the internet.

Well, the other thing is with Content ID creators can opt to monetize existing videos uploaded by others or choose to at least place a link in the description to buy the track. Of course this gets abused by shady companies and individuals out for profit who don't actually have the rights to some songs, which is a shame since it's not such a bad core idea.

Tizoc

And I'm convinced now that Kokichi is the best character the series has ever had.

Definitely, fantastic film and I say that as someone who wasn't overly impressed by the original tbh
(Don't hurt me...)

Cosign.

Watched it nearly 36 hrs ago now and still shook. Can't believe something like that was even made. One of the best movie going experiences I've ever had.
(Don't hurt me...)
Probably won’t get made in a while. WB’s targeted opening number was 50 mils, but project number is in the thirties.
Mesa from the OST.

You're welcome.

But yeah, the movie is fantastic.
Sea Wall tho.

I'm going to see it later this afternoon, very excited. Unfortunately it's only 3D here in our theatres, I usually dislike 3D.
A shame, normal 2D was Roger Deakins’ preferred version seems to be 2D widescreen.

to be honest last time i checked itlooked like reskin of their Van Helsing game to WH40k look , but made boring ... also online-only is huge downer for me,especially with such price
Yup, I just bought to see how it was and I'm already getting a refund on it. Not worth the price for what it is. I prefer my ARPGs to have huge build diversity and whatnot and the game seemed lacking in that regard. You only have a few skills and the passive trees are boring, although there are many of them. I also grossly dislike that it seems to be entirely randomly generated, I guess that's how Van Helsing was? Combat is pretty slow and clunky for an ARPG as well.

It's an alpha though. So I'm not gonna judge it too harshly. I'll give it another look once it releases.

But as of right now, unless you really dig Warhammer 40k... there are better obscure ARPGs to play.

Ludens

Banned
Well, Bethesda is incompetent like usual, if you try to insert your email address during the Creation Club account's creation, you can't type @ because european keyboards are not supported. To avoid the problem, you need to switch your keyboard layout to US in Win 10 and than use shift+2 to type @.

Uzzy

Well, Bethesda is incompetent like usual, if you try to insert your email address during the Creation Club account's creation, you can't type @ because european keyboards are not supported. To avoid the problem, you need to switch your keyboard layout to US in Win 10 and than use shift+2 to type @.

How barbaric.

xist

My mind wants to see the new Blade Runner, especially as I adore the first, but my body isn't sure it can take a 2 hour 43 minute running time (plus trailers....)

...although saying that I am playing MGS 4 at the moment... :/

Mifec

New Blade Runner is excellent, that is all.

I watched it last Thursday, production wise it was amazing, a really great audiovisual experience Plot was a bit too linear at times but the powerful reveals kept it from being just by the numbers. Good movie worth seeing, not sure if I'd say it hits the "great" mark but that's all up in the air and arbitrary anyways. I'll rewatch the original soon to see how it holds up.

I guess I'm watching Blade Runner next weekend.

Couldn't you just google @ then copy paste it in the email box?

Not sure if it's actually an easier alternative to your method though.

Ludens

Banned
Anyway a friend lent me World of Final Fantasy on Ps4, and the game surprisingly is very nice. I only played Pokemon Blue years ago when i was 12 or something, but the game is very similar (you need monsters with specific abilities like combustion in order to open the path and proceed), very easy but charming.

But it's really clear it's a low budget title, cities are very small, there are no shops, usually two screens and that's it. I also think it's very short, I played something like 4 hours and I'm on chapter 8 already.

I really hope the game will be available on Steam, I would spend 10€ on it (10€ is the price Euronics is selling it at the moment in Romics for PS4).

I guess I'm watching Blade Runner next weekend.

Couldn't you just google @ then copy paste it in the email box?

Not sure if it's actually an easier alternative to your method though.

No because you need to link your Bethesda account in-game, you can't copy/paste.

Ascheroth

Anyway a friend lent me World of Final Fantasy on Ps4, and the game surprisingly is very nice. I only played Pokemon Blue years ago when i was 12 or something, but the game is very similar (you need monsters with specific abilities like combustion in order to open the path and proceed), very easy but charming.

But it's really clear it's a low budget title, cities are very small, there are no shops, usually two screens and that's it. I also think it's very short, I played something like 4 hours and I'm on chapter 8 already.

I really hope the game will be available on Steam, I would spend 10€ on it (10€ is the price Euronics is selling it at the moment in Romics for PS4).

No because you need to link your Bethesda account in-game, you can't copy/paste.
It came out on October 25 on consoles so if it comes to PC it would be that date I guess.
Maybe we'll start hearing about it in the next weeks or they just dump it on the Store with no fanfare.

Ludens

Banned
It came out on October 25 on consoles so if it comes to PC it would be that date I guess.
Maybe we'll start hearing about it in the next weeks or they just dump it on the Store with no fanfare.

It was released the last year, not this one. Also I believe this is the kind of port SE would just put on Steam with zero advertising like they are used to do.

Also how is Submerged? A "wait for 1$ tier bundle" or grab it for 2€ now? I saw a video sometime ago and it didn't seem too entertaining, even if I love exploration game, that seems very repetitive. But it was in early access I believe, so maybe something changed?

Cool. Another "Steam is shit" thread in Gaming.

Wonder how so many people think Steam is unintiutive (which it sometimes is), but could easily use the PS3 menu.

maxresdefault.jpg

Ludens

Banned
October 25 kind of implied last year, I thought :p

Yeah, you are right, sorry but I slept just a couple of hours so I'm out of phase.

Also a consideration: isn't the creation club/mod thing Bethesda is doing now exactly the same as dlcs for EA titles years ago? If I'm not wrong EA left Steam because it couldn't sell dlcs via Bioware points or externally anyway, but with the Creation Club you need to purchase stuff outside Steam anyway.

Lain

Wonder how so many people think Steam is unintiutive (which it sometimes is), but could easily use the PS3 menu.

maxresdefault.jpg

Never had a problem with the PS3 menu myself. XMB was pretty good UI wise for a console, so long as you didn't have too much digital stuff and given my PS3 is still only with the original 60GB HDD, not much stuff could be stored on it. Though the update with folders helped.

Steam has a problem layout wise when someone is looking for specific information. Too much useless stuff gets prime time when the information that should be right in your face is buried below.

Never had a problem with the PS3 menu myself. XMB was pretty good UI wise for a console, so long as you didn't have too much digital stuff and given my PS3 is still only with the original 60GB HDD, not much stuff could be stored on it. Though the update with folders helped.

Steam has a problem layout wise when someone is looking for specific information. Too much useless stuff gets prime time when the information that should be right in your face is buried below.

I just dont get what people want to do. If they just wanna start a game or go to settings, thats really easy.

Javier23

Banned
Also how is Submerged? A "wait for 1$ tier bundle" or grab it for 2€ now? I saw a video sometime ago and it didn't seem too entertaining, even if I love exploration game, that seems very repetitive. But it was in early access I believe, so maybe something changed?
I just wouldn't get it. Waste of time. Repetitive, boring, easy enough that it plays itself and you just look at it... It's a cheap, low budget, crappy version of Ubi's tower climbing that no one ever found fun. If the climbing was to be the only thing the game would have going for it they should have taken more inspiration from Ubi's original Prince of Persia trilogy, not AC's autoclimb. Also, there's indie games out there that do the whole poignant, contemplative thing this game is trying to go for a lot better.

I'd pass on it.

MUnited83

For you.

maxresdefault.jpg
The XMB was fucking awesome. Its ridiculous how much Sony fucked up then with the PS4, whicb has completely horrendous unpractical UI

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The XMB was fucking awesome. Its ridiculous how much Sony fucked up then with the PS4, whicb has completely horrendous unpractical UI

I don't think it's all that bad, but it does have some baffling design decisions, such as downloads being tucked away in the notifications menu. The first time I initiated a download, I went looking for a dedicated downloads section and eventually had to turn to Google for help.

I still would argue that, if you use it for the first time, it also feels like a mess. When I got my PS3 I had to "learn" to use it first.
The current PSN store on PS3 is a catastrophe but the XMB itself was always pretty intuitive I found. You'd start on the game category and from there there's not much to it, your data, booting up the game, your downloaded titles.

Kudo

Steam UI is one of the worsts currently out there, good thing it's moddable to certain extent (Probably more than I think but just that people don't want to take it that far).
Here's hoping the big update changes some things for better. Doesn't really matter much, I use it to buy and download games most of the time so the more social features are missed on me, but it bugs me that I can't have public profile with only friend list hidden.

Sarcasm

Steam UI is one of the worsts currently out there, good thing it's moddable to certain extent (Probably more than I think but just that people don't want to take it that far).
Here's hoping the big update changes some things for better. Doesn't really matter much, I use it to buy and download games most of the time so the more social features are missed on me, but it bugs me that I can't have public profile with only friend list hidden.

Its bad, but I have used worse.

(Sonnnyyyyy)

Sarcasm

Its horrendous. Though I do have a lent PS4 so it constantly shows games I don't own that aren't installed and games I don't own that the cousin used a CD to play.

Is there a way to delete all the crap it puts on the screen? I haven't found a way. And to see other games I have to go to Games than move it far right and see all? Then another option to show downloaded/owned?

I just want to play not fiddle. The PS3 was serviceable but ugly. PS4 one is ugly and I find it tiresome to use. At least with the ugly 3DS one I have I can get to playing right off the bat and have stuff I don't want not there.

Also why is Sony's stuff so slow lol.

Hektor

I downloaded Doki Doki literature Club, started it once, it crashed and now it's in a perpetual loop of updating itself without ever actually downloading anything.

I already restarted steam, tried redownloading the game as well as manually deleting all files in its folder.

Finished Scanner Sombre. Took me 94 minutes. I really think its a good experimental game in VR, I cant really see how it would be that good without VR.

There are some areas that wont have a big impact if you play them without VR.

Uzzy

I downloaded Doki Doki literature Club, started it once, it crashed and now it's in a perpetual loop of updating itself without ever actually downloading anything.

I already restarted steam, tried redownloading the game as well as manually deleting all files in its folder.

Very strange. It's not meant to be doing that.

Top Bottom