• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel81

Chris knife run is fun.
I wish it looped better.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2015/046/5/9/remaster_elder_by_majorparsnip-d8i78xd.webm

So far so good.

One Dangerous Zombie caused a few headaches, it's also kind of freaky to enter a room and immediately start hearing the clinking noise from his grenades. But I'm out of the mansion now and apparently that's the last I'll see of him.

Round and round he goes lol. That was the toughest part of the game on my knife run.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Piston chains in Besiege are great.

FA7E889ECF5AFEA9CBC206CAFA51CD449051D5CF

Besiege is super fun, but I'm not very good at it. Kind of like Kerbal Space Program.

Haunted

Isn't Euphoria owned by Zynga now?
oy vey

Well, procedural animation and IK aren't licensed tech to any particular company, there are other options to explore. Euphoria just was the first implementation of similar tech that came to mind, there could be others. Lucasarts (TUF), EA (FIFA; now across many of their sports titles) and Ubisoft (Grow Home) all did their own investigations and experiments in that area.

autoduelist

Isn't Euphoria owned by Zynga now?

Also, Killzone Mercenary is a really good entry into the series, only real downside being it's really short and really easy(Took me 3hrs to complete on the highest difficulty setting)

It isn't meant to be played once, though. Sure, there are only 6 or so missions, but each has, what, 3 different ways to play (covert/demolition/precision) each with it's own goals/challenges/strategies/weapon loadouts.

I put tons of hours into that game, and the MP is still active last time I checked.

Fantastic game.

Sarcasm

Man..I must be simple minded or something...in Valkryia Chronicles did the tank battle in the start (where you have to wait) and it took me many tries. Doesn't help that I didn't know (nor it told) me that one can go prone in tall grass. Did awesome once I did that and the grenades the tutorial (I assume that what this is) were useless in this fight.

It isn't meant to be played once, though. Sure, there are only 6 or so missions, but each has, what, 3 different ways to play (covert/demolition/precision) each with it's own goals/challenges/strategies/weapon loadouts.

I put tons of hours into that game, and the MP is still active last time I checked.

Fantastic game.
I couldn't get into the contract missions(I think that's what the covert/demolition/precision missions are called) but I did really enjoy the multiplayer, although I did tend to just stick to team deathmatch.

derExperte

Bad memories. I tried to replay the first mission stealthily in that mode but my ai companion fucked everything up, 30 tries and some internet research later I deleted the game in frustration as apparently you had to cheese your way through. Which gives the impressions of a quick, untested effort to add more playtime. Grrr.

Man..I must be simple minded or something...in Valkryia Chronicles did the tank battle in the start (where you have to wait) and it took me many tries. Doesn't help that I didn't know (nor it told) me that one can go prone in tall grass. Did awesome once I did that and the grenades the tutorial (I assume that what this is) were useless in this fight.

Once I saw that you can send someone up into the watchtower thing at the gate I did a lot better

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Some people were wondering about The Waste Land. I just played about 20 minutes and I strongly recommend against it. At first it seemed like a bit of an amateurish game with very nice animation and really cool creature design, and a sort of weird old-PC fever dream look (low resolution, dithered like crazy, weird neon colours)... but it's also pretty rough gameplay wise. The game is filled with enormous mostly empty levels with hundreds of low-challenge enemies. The combat is pretty low skill... and I can't imagine there's more than a few hours of content... I dunno, it's really really janky. Screenshots don't really convey it. This is something that wouldn't have made it onto Steam before the floodgates opened... It has a bit of heart and I'll probably suffer through it, because there are some parts with imagination and I sort of want to see where the plot, such as it is, is going... but really don't buy this.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Gun Monkeys -- MB-5AF746EC2B0BBF4F - Taken by Loptous
The Ship 2 Pack -- MB-B34F232B4EAF7872 - Taken by Sarcasm

DocSeuss

Killzone is one of the worst games of all time.

Rage has some of the best feedback animations ever. It's incredible. I love it. Want more.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Collecting all 700 comic books was actually a lot easier than I thought it'd be, after you collect the first 500 the mini map will show you where the remaining 200 are, which is something I love when developers do, I hate when I go for a collectible in a game and I get all but the very last one and end up spending a crazy amount of time just looking for it and it ends up being in some facepalmingly obvious area.

That sounds like my experiences with the first asscreed. It took a a good amount of time to find the last couple of flags in Jerusalem and Acre.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That sounds like my experiences with the first asscreed. It took a a good amount of time to find the last couple of flags in Jerusalem and Acre.

I didn't bother with the flags in the original game. If they were tied to something other than your overall sync (i.e. health), which can be easily maxed out just by completing memories, then I would have made the effort.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't bother with the flags in the original game. If they were tied to something other than your overall sync (i.e. health), which can be easily maxed out just by completing memories, then I would have made the effort.

Who are you and what have you done with the real JaseC?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
How people cannot jump on this if they haven\t already??
Def worth owning! : )

Let's give someone a chance then~

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (CheesecakeRecipe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION -- MB-6D02DD88C8A0EC28 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 14 entrants total.

t1424080429z1.png

Yeah, but the flags are otherwise not tracked or tied to their own thing. They live a life of no purpose. ;)
I think getting them all gives you an achievement on Xbox 360, but that's it, on all other versions of the games, like you said, they life a life of no purpose.

JaseC

I think getting them all gives you an achievement on Xbox 360, but that's it, on all other versions of the games, like you said, they life a life of no purpose.

Yeah, there's an achievement in the X360 version since achievment support has always been a certification requirement for X360 games.

Got a survey request from PSO2 on facebook, it's about PSO2 and Sega PC games. Knowing PSO2 Eng. ver only for SEA, I think it might be aimed toward SEA peps, but no mention about it, so nag away, ask for more VCs and Yakuzas and Mikus!

https://sega-pc.com/pso2/survey/en/
I have been playing PSO2 sporadically. Pretty fun and the combat does not deviate too much from the MMORPGs / with a little twang of the Phantasy Star gameplay. Although I haven't played it for a while now since I have been busy the past week.
`````````````````````````````````````````
Also thanks for the greet freshVeggie

Some people were wondering about The Waste Land. I just played about 20 minutes and I strongly recommend against it. At first it seemed like a bit of an amateurish game with very nice animation and really cool creature design, and a sort of weird old-PC fever dream look (low resolution, dithered like crazy, weird neon colours)... but it's also pretty rough gameplay wise. The game is filled with enormous mostly empty levels with hundreds of low-challenge enemies. The combat is pretty low skill... and I can't imagine there's more than a few hours of content... I dunno, it's really really janky. Screenshots don't really convey it. This is something that wouldn't have made it onto Steam before the floodgates opened... It has a bit of heart and I'll probably suffer through it, because there are some parts with imagination and I sort of want to see where the plot, such as it is, is going... but really don't buy this.

Thanks, I was wondering.

The graphics did catch my eye with that strange mix of old styles. But I'll move on.

JaseC

Is it possible to check the current assassin pool in Unity's companion app without first dismissing an assassin (aside from increasing the number of assassin slots, of course)?

dex3108

Is it possible to check the current assassin pool in Unity's companion app without first dismissing an assassin (aside from increasing the number of assassin slots, of course)?

Nope. My advice is collect enough sync points and buy assassins with most slots for upgrade. By the time you reach final missions you will have strong assassins. And for the love of god don't sell your assassin if he/her reaches 16-17 level with more space for leveling because you will be able to buy only assassins that are lower level and many missions will require at least 16 or 17 level assassins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom