• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoRaider

It's been like that since they announced the exact date for PS4. That's what triggered all the "cancelled/delayed" talk, actually.

Actually no.
From their press release (published late December) before this one released today, game was still "early 2017 on Steam" and March 7 in NA. Also on their store it still is "early 2017".

But on press release that they published today it says only "2017" for Steam now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Square Enix needs to take a hint from their competitors and realize that day 1 PC players >>>>>> potential double dippers.

that double dip myth is ridiculous. More like "day 1 PC players > exclusivity window money from Sony" and we cant know that for sure since we dont know what money is involved

and I dont even mean that in a shady, under the table way. Its a business thing, it is what it is. Like the UmvC3 3 month deal.

Actually no.
From their press release (published late December) before this one released today, game was still "early 2017 on Steam" and March 7 in NA. Also on their store it still is "early 2017".

But on press release that they published today it says only "2017" for Steam.

Sorry but you are mistaken.

This is the December press release:

http://press.na.square-enix.com/rel...-postapocalyptic-world-to-the-west-on-march-7

NieR: Automata will be available for the PlayStation®4 system on March 7, 2017 in North America for $59.99 and Steam® in 2017. The “Black Box Edition” is available for pre-order exclusively through the Square Enix Online Store for $189.99. The Day One Edition is available for pre-order at all participating retailers.

I sent a message to a S-E rep that day, and she confirmed that unspecified "2017" window as well.

NeoRaider

Sorry but you are mistaken.

This is the December press release:

http://press.na.square-enix.com/rel...-postapocalyptic-world-to-the-west-on-march-7

NieR: Automata will be available for the PlayStation®4 system on March 7, 2017 in North America for $59.99 and Steam® in 2017. The ”Black Box Edition" is available for pre-order exclusively through the Square Enix Online Store for $189.99. The Day One Edition is available for pre-order at all participating retailers.

I sent a message to a S-E rep that day, and she confirmed that unspecified "2017" window as well.

This is from December 22:

http://press.na.square-enix.com/releases/880/a-new-nier-automata-demo-offers-a-glimpse-into-its-postapocalyptic-wor

So it's their mistake not mine, because this is their latest press release. And it clearly says "early 2017" just like on their store.

This is from December 22:

http://press.na.square-enix.com/releases/880/a-new-nier-automata-demo-offers-a-glimpse-into-its-postapocalyptic-wor

So it's their mistake not mine, because this is their latest press release.

Yes, but their first release date announcement already featured a "2017" Steam release window instead of the earlier "Early 2017" window.

I'm guessing they made a mistake on their following press release, but that doesn't mean we hadn't discussed the possibility (or certainty) of a PC delay when the December 5 press release was published. That's actually the origin of GhostTrick's ban bet, for instance.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

DAMAGE CONTROL -- MB-4D6FF7781342E9A3 - Taken by Hakkelus
Superstatic -- MB-70D715D9B2BD2D94 - Taken by data

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Huh? Which state?

I was talking about the "exclusivity money from Sony", because being in Xbox One too automatically discards that theory.

one game discards the theory? why?

and what theory does it discard, that sony pays for timed exclusivity? We know they do, they did it with Marvel 3 just now. And with RE7 DLC.

BasilZero

I want to build a new gaming desktop this year. What time in the year do you guys think is best for me to build a PC this year? Summer or winter?

I don't care for much on VR.

My main goal is to be able to get at least 1080p/60 fps while recording with for an example fraps with all currently released games and games to come out this year and next year.

I don't mind going all the way to 4K and more fps while playing normally though.

Dinjoralo

Square Enix is one of those companies that will never change, no matter what evidence and circumstance should give way for change. Unlike most of the companies jumping ship to regular Steam releases, like Compile Heart, Nippon Ichi, hell, even Arc System Works.

Jawmuncher

Why is steam not letting me buy anything? Says

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

No matter the payment method and regardless of it being browser or mobile app.

Yes, Precursors for a buck.

addtext_com_MTIyOTMxMjkzMTE.jpg

BasilZero

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

They don't want yo money ;(

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

If it's about Red Haze, there's an app error I'm quickly trying to sort if it's on my side. Did contact Valve but skimming Steam internal stuff since I might have some flag wrong or something.

Ascheroth

Square Enix is one of those companies that will never change, no matter what evidence and circumstance should give way for change. Unlike most of the companies jumping ship to regular Steam releases, like Compile Heart, Nippon Ichi, hell, even Arc System Works.

And Bandai Namco, Spike Chunsoft, Aksys, and the list goes probably on.

Endruen

one game discards the theory? why?

and what theory does it discard, that sony pays for timed exclusivity? We know they do, they did it with Marvel 3 just now. And with RE7 DLC.

Because if Sony payed for the exclusivity of Final Fantasy XV, it wouldn't come out at the same time on Xbox One... And I'm just talking about Final Fantasy XV.

r3n4ud

Hope the final game of For Honor is better than the open beta cause that was boring mediocrity.
Get better in two days?

Game is polarizing though. Peeps either loved it or hated it. I loved it. Of course I'm worthless at it, but loved it nonetheless.

Sajko

Transformers games have deep discounts again. I feel like their removal from Steam is approaching. I wish they'd say anything before they remove them though.

Ludens

Banned
I'm trying to get Red Haze but I receive an error regarding the transaction on Steam despite having all the money I need on my wallet, am I the only one?

Naarmight

Curses I picked up Tricky Towers for £5.99 in the Winter Sale, so for £1 it is a total steal.

I picked up Convoy on GoG last year, really could not get in to it, so that may be a step too far. Awesome bundle though, hope they have not just shot their load on this one bundle though

Vuze

That Bundle Stars bundle is mighty fine indeed. Two games that I've been keeping an eye on in the 1€ tier alone :O Bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom