• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Halloween Sale 2013 - Gaben slashes more than just prices...

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
If you don't have Sleeping Dogs and don't get it for $5... I just don't even have the energy to put you on my ignore list.

But I'm waiting for a GOTY edition that has all the DLC! I'll have a nagging sense of incompleteness otherwise.

Reckoner

If you don't have Sleeping Dogs and don't get it for $5... I just don't even have the energy to put you on my ignore list.

And I don't know if I should buy or wait to know if they really are putting Bf4 on AMD Rewards. If they don't put it, I'll get Sleeping Dogs for free.

I won't because I don't have the time. I still need to finish GTA V. I took a break after the shitty online issues and that fucking awful mission with trevor that felt like I was working for 30 minutes.

It looks like a decent game and I feel your pain, but I have another 20 games on steam I dont have the time finish.

Okay, so hopefully someone will reply in the next five minutes.

Darksiders II or Resident Evil Revelations? Leaning Res Evil right now.

Shito

Probably too late, but Revelations is for me the best Resident Evil since RE2.
Yup, didn't like the turn the serie took with 4!

UrbanRats

I loved Darksiders II, however most people didn't like it.

It is kind of repetitive and very padded, but i loved the artstyle, the combat and the awesome Jesper Kyd soundtrack.
Revelations i played only the demo, it looked alright i guess. (i still got it at the last sales)

What's up with Deadly Premonition, I'm seeing that a lot of sites are reporting on it? Worth it?

Mechanical, and plot wise its not a good game. It is however charming in its own little weird way. I think its due to the atmosphere, which is silly and surreal and creepy in a very campy way. The characters also add a lot, to the experience. I feel like they are pretty good and interesting.

I would recommend watching giant bomb's endurance run of the game, because it really isnt a game with solid game-play.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Well for the first time I've set up another Steam account and double dipped on games so we can have local co-op going in the Cyber household as we've got two gaming PC's set up.

My sons are loving Orcs Must Die in co-op mode in different rooms.

Can anyone suggest any other co-op games on Steam that are great and are going cheap?

What makes Vampire Bloodlines so good? I always hear praise for it.

Some of the finest writing on gaming :)
la_hub_10007-700x525.jpg

Baha

Well for the first time I've set up another Steam account and double dipped on games so we can have local co-op going in the Cyber household as we've got two gaming PC's set up.

Can anyone suggest any other co-op games on Steam that are great and are going cheap?

From a glance:

Tower Wars - $1.99

There are a couple of other online co-op games on sale but they're your zombie killing games and I have no idea how old your kids are. If I had to recommend one though, the Left 4 Dead series is great and can be played with just 2 players if they play in a private lobby.

Left 4 Dead 2

Atilac

Afterfall InSanity anyway decent? I saw an episode of two best friends playing it (shitstorm of scariness). It actually seemed ok.

Bulk_Rate

Wait, this isn't the Ghostbusters game I want. What happened to the Ghostbusters game with the original cast voices from a few years back? Not on Steam, whaaat?

Ezalc

GAF I need to decide. I can only get one Monaco or Skulls of the Shogun? I wish I could get both but my steam wallet funds don't even have enough for Costume Quest and that's another game I really wanted to buy D:

Afterfall InSanity anyway decent? I saw an episode of two best friends playing it (shitstorm of scariness). It actually seemed ok.

Sorry I dont have time for a more in depth write up on the game, but I would not recommend Afterfall Insanity. Cheaply made game that attempts to be a big budget game. Could have worked if they had forged their own path with some unique gameplay and direction like you'd expect a smaller company with a small budget to do. Instead followed the formula of most badly made generic big budget titles and the game falls flat on its face.

GAF I need to decide. I can only get one Monaco or Skulls of the Shogun? I wish I could get both but my steam wallet funds don't even have enough for Costume Quest and that's another game I really wanted to buy D:

I keep hearing that Monaco is best if you have people to play with. So if you do, I'd go with that otherwise skulls.

Atilac

Sorry I dont have time for a more in depth write up on the game, but I would not recommend Afterfall Insanity. Cheaply made game that attempts to be a big budget game. Could have worked if they had forged their own path with some unique gameplay and direction like you'd expect a smaller company with a small budget to do. Instead followed the formula of most badly made generic big budget titles and the game falls flat on its face.

What a shame, their attempts of over reaching seemed kind of charming, idk maybe it's a game that makes a good let's play.

Hasney

Another vote for L4D2.

Chaos Engine is great although can be local on one PC too if you've got a couple of joypads. You can get a lot of fun out of Killing Floor with just 2 people as well.

Kenka

I might end up buying too much stuff.

Tell me GAF once and for all, what are the two three best games in the list.
Please.

I should add, I don't like FPS that much, and I am into atmospheric games à la Super Metroid.

Jawmuncher

God No don't get it.
It starts ok (Which is probably what you watched) but then it gets into this really terrible mad max vibe that's almost unplayable.

AColdDay

Easy now, it's definitely not as good as Deus Ex. Although the writing is far better but that's about it.

I haven't played DX:HR yet, but VtM:B is at least as good as the original Deus Ex.
Until the third section of the game, good thing the writing is great throughout.

Top Bottom