• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Halloween Sale 2013 - Gaben slashes more than just prices...

Gaf, what buy? I have or will definitely buy the following:

Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Typing of the Dead Overkill
L4D1 and 2
Sleeping Dogs (no DLC)
The Walking Dead (from Amazon with 400 Days @ $7.49)
Fallout NV Ultimate
Bioshock Franchise

Is Nightmare in North Point for Sleepy Dawgs good?

JSoup

Banned
If it hasn't been mentioned yet, I'm saying it now. If you like beautiful and mildly challenging point-and-click games, pick up Primordia while it's only $2.50.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Anyone else like the Sherlock Holmes games? Time to pick up Testament of SH!

Testament and vs Jack the Ripper are the best two of the series and the upcoming game Crimes and Punishments looks even better. If you want fun point-and-clicks with great puzzles, an awesome setting, and really stodgy awkward dialogue, you want the Frogwares Sherlock Holmes games!

Testament and vs Jack the Ripper are the best two of the series and the upcoming game Crimes and Punishments looks even better. If you want fun point-and-clicks with great puzzles, an awesome setting, and really stodgy awkward dialogue, you want the Frogwares Sherlock Holmes games!

Exactly!

And one of the best investigation systems in gaming, honestly. No hand-holding and you actually have to deduce and investigate. At least in Jack the Ripper; Testament toned it down a bit due to the story.

...So am I the only one seeing Castlevania for 50% off?

8e66vtz.png

*confused*

52club

That Swapper price is possibly as low as it has been, at least the lowest I can recall. You'll hear it mentioned in a lot of GOTY discussions.

Gameboy415

Just scooped up the following for ~$30:

-7th Guest & 11th Hour bundle (I've been wanting to replay these for AGES!)
-Dark Fall: Lost Souls
-I Have No Mouth But I Must Scream
-Miasmata
-Primordia
-The Typing of the Dead Overkill (via GMG)

Woo hoo! :D

Robot Pants

How is Dark Fall: Lost Souls?

It has 'Dark Souls' in the title so it must be amazing, right?
It was inspired by Dark Souls.

Is the Legacy of Kain on Steam any different from the GOG version? I have the GOG version but haven't installed it yet and I'm wondering if the Steam version has better features like controller support, etc.

Hugstable

Banned
Picked up
Castlevania: LOS,
May Payne 3,
They Bleed Pixels,
Typing of the Dead Overkill
DMC
Bioshock
The Walking Dead.

Pretty decent haul. My PC backlog is getting to ridiculous amounts. And I keep spending too much damn time on my 3ds and with PS4 coming soon my backlog is probably just gonna keep growing. Got one of those 100$ TI3 Dragon Couriers the one month I actually play Dota during the summer and I've just gone on a steam rampage lately lol.

Erekiddo

This a type of sale where discounted stuff can get even cheaper closer to its end?

I joined Steam back in August... this is my first big sale!

-MD-

This a type of sale where discounted stuff can get even cheaper closer to its end?

I joined Steam back in August... this is my first big sale!

No, everything you see on sale will remain that price until it ends.

Steam summer/winter sales are much much bigger, you'll have daily/flash deals rotating every 8-24 hours. Discounts will be a lot deeper and the selection of games won't be restricted to a specific theme like the Halloween sale.

The winter sale in December is a different beast than what you're seeing.

Is Nightmare in North Point for Sleepy Dawgs good?

I just played through it a few nights ago after picking it up in a previous sale. It's...decent. There are a few humorous callbacks to the main story, but it gets fairly repetitive fast. Fortunately, it's a pretty short DLC and it's over before it wears out its welcome.

I was really hoping Skullgirls would have been discounted. Would have liked to get it while they're still offering the free Squigly DLC.

I just played through it a few nights ago after picking it up in a previous sale. It's...decent. There are a few humorous callbacks to the main story, but it gets fairly repetitive fast. Fortunately, it's a pretty short DLC and it's over before it wears out its welcome.

Thanks for the impressions. I'll sit it out it seems.

I need a scary game for Halloween. Will Amnesia do the trick? I'm not sure what else is there to interest me (would like RE5 but I've seen it for $4.99 and it still has GFWL). Also would like DMC4 but I've also seen it cheaper.

Thanks for the impressions. I'll sit it out it seems.

I need a scary game for Halloween. Will Amnesia do the trick? I'm not sure what else is there to interest me (would like RE5 but I've seen it for $4.99 and it still has GFWL). Also would like DMC4 but I've also seen it cheaper.

Amnesia the dark descent will do very nicely (not a machine for pigs).

Right now i have:

Deadlight
Fallout 3+NV
Dead Space pack
DMC4
Sleepy Dogs + Nightmare dlc
Vampire: The Masquerade
Amnesia
Darksiders II
Brothers
PvZ GOTY

in my cart. Will i have any problems with these games in terms of glitches, issues, etc?

Vampire will likely require the fan patch to run at all. You want the fan patch because it fixes a lot of other issues, too, and more or less ran... well, not smoothly but not nearly as janky as when it was released. I'm bug-averse and didn't have a real problem with it after patching.

VandalD

So how is Costume Quest?
It's decent. Very basic turn-based RPG mechanics. It got a tad bit fetch questy, and it's not too big of a game. Could be fun to dip in and out of until you beat it. I thought I remembered seeing it at a lower price though.

misterF

Neo Member
Still have 10+ Point and Click games in my backlog! Got Primordia and The Whispered World for 4.48$! Will probably add more during the next sale!!! Help :(

Forkball

If you don't have Sleeping Dogs and don't get it for $5... I just don't even have the energy to put you on my ignore list.

Top Bottom