• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale has begun! Update: OVAH.

Wired

If I ever meet the person or persons responsible for "Fails 2" I'm going to beat them to death, I'm not even kidding. Fucking god damn it....

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Des0lar said:
GEEZ... Trials 2 is BRUTAL

I'm finding this out too. The spring jump and the other jump are hard to get the timing down. I like watching the replay if i get stuck at the beginning of the track but if i'm towards the end if freaking starts the replay all over so you have to watch it from the beginning every time and then start the track all over.

Daigoro

OK!

i just bought Civ 3 and Sega Rally.

$12.73 and im out. done.

good luck everyone. dont buy too many games that you'll never play.

Daigoro

CabbageRed said:
Yes! I've already bought far too-

Sega Rally, you say? And it's only 9 bucks...

:lol

dooooo it. (its a really great arcade racer. F the haters. seriously). but only if you plan on playing it for at least 15 hrs!

Fuck it.
You win gods of fate, I wont buy Bioshock because i can't even get the demo to run.
What 5 dollars? For Bioshock? Bought!...oh wait Killthem will enjoy this too much - BETTER MAKE SURE THAT It DOESNT WORK ON HIS COMP AND FORCE HIM TO BUY THe PS3 VERSION FOR 121223 MILLION DOLLARS.
/rant

Chris R

Well I decided to not get the Witcher and just got Civ4 pack and Bioshock (even though my brother has Bioshock on the 360). Such a great deal, but I just wish there were more things on steam, as I basically have everything I could want from the store now.

epmode

rhfb said:
Well I decided to not get the Witcher and just got Civ4 pack and Bioshock (even though my brother has Bioshock on the 360). Such a great deal, but I just wish there were more things on steam, as I basically have everything I could want from the store now.
Except The Witcher. The Awesome Witcher.

senahorse

x3n05 said:
Purchases so far:

Bioshock $4.99
Bejeweled $0.99
Heavy Weapon $0.99
Opposing Force $0.99
Beyond Good and Evil $7.49
FlatOut Ultimate Carnage $9.99
Xpand Rally $4.49
Luxor 2 $0.99

Total...(so far): $30.92

Add to that:

ID Super Pack
Darwinia + Multiwinia
Company of Heroes Gold
X3 Pack

I think I should quit while I am ahead :lol

ghst

thanks for the laugh
so i ended up picking up...

bia:hell's highway
enemy territory: quake wars
il2 1946
dark messiah of might and magic
silent hunter III

i'll give impressions as they role in.

Firestorm

Bought Bioshock and Portal as gifts but that's about it for me. Can't find anything that interests me enough after currency exchange that I don't already own on PC or 360.

zombieshavebrains said:
I'm finding this out too. The spring jump and the other jump are hard to get the timing down. I like watching the replay if i get stuck at the beginning of the track but if i'm towards the end if freaking starts the replay all over so you have to watch it from the beginning every time and then start the track all over.

Before you know it you'll be doing those things with ease.

I've owned the game since release, but only put 12 hours on it until last week when I fell sick and started playing it again. I've got about 21 hours on it now.

I've completed all easy and medium tracks without any falls/faults. I've completed all the hard tracks (but with a lot of faults).

Hell, I spent 1 hour (the time limit) and 500+ restarts on 'Inferno' (last hard track) before completing it today with just 100 faults or so. :)

tenritsu

Banned
Rewrite said:
I still don't know if I should Peggle. Is it really worth it? Is it fun?

Try Peggle Extreme. It's free.

By the way...

Anyone want to gift me Bioshock? I'll pay you 5 dollars paypal. For some damn reason it says I don't have enough in my balance when I clearly do (5.19 lol).

PM if you wanna help a GAFer out :D

striKeVillain! said:
I just bought COH Gold and am loving it so far! I've never played a Civ game before (I'm an AoE player). Would anyone recommend Civ 4?
Yes, omg yes. I can't concentrate at work because I'm thinking about going home and playing Civ4.

...maybe that's not a good recommendation.

It's truly amazing that I never played one. I've always loved RTSs and SimCity, and Civ is like a turn-based combination of both cranked up to epicness. I've known of its greatness for a while, but I've also known it would mercilessly take over my gaming time.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
id Super Pack.................34.99
Reaxxion.........................0.99
Luxor 2...........................0.99
Bejeweled Deluxe............0.99
Half Life: Blue Shift..........0.99
Half Life: Opposing Force..0.99
Heavy Weapon Deluxe.....0.99
World of Goo.................14.99
Peggle Deluxe.................4.99
Aquaria.........................15.99

Total = $76.90

Hopefully I'm done after that.

If GAF is screwing me on World of Goo and Aquaria there will be blood.

Kawaii

Hm, wtf.

I purchased beyond good and evil a few days back and just now i tried to play the game, however when i try to start a new game the video and audio are completely out of sync.

Looks like audio runs at 100% speed but video only at 50% or something.

I tried lowering the resolution and such to really low but that didn't help either.

I'm running T7500 2.2 GHz, 2gb Ram and 8600GT 256MB DDR3. (dell xps)

Anyone know anything to fix this?

clip

Kawaii said:
Hm, wtf.

I purchased beyond good and evil a few days back and just now i tried to play the game, however when i try to start a new game the video and audio are completely out of sync.

I tried lowering the resolution and such to really low but that didn't help either.

I know of the bug you’re talking about, it has to do with one of the settings in the video options launcher. I’m not entirely sure off the top of my head, but if you disable V-Sync or Texture filtering, or something like that, it’ll fix it. I’m at work so I can’t check, but fiddle around with the video options.

Darklord

Banned
Monroeski said:
id Super Pack.................34.99
Reaxxion.........................0.99
Luxor 2...........................0.99
Bejeweled Deluxe............0.99
Half Life: Blue Shift..........0.99
Half Life: Opposing Force..0.99
Heavy Weapon Deluxe.....0.99
World of Goo.................14.99
Peggle Deluxe.................4.99
Aquaria.........................15.99

Total = $76.90

Hopefully I'm done after that.

If GAF is screwing me on World of Goo and Aquaria there will be blood.

I'm not even that big on puzzle games but WoG is the best one since lemmings(and I'm not counting the shit ones).

Volcynika

I has an issue!

I can't make Aquaria run correctly (Vista 32-bit).

Whenever I start it, I choose the resolution and options it gives you, then launch. Then it sets the resolution to whatever I put it at and puts the game in the task bar and just sits there. I click it and it goes black screen then back to my desktop, and I can even hear the music, but can't see what's going on.

:(

PatzCU

Ok - So I'm definitely going to pick up the Dawn of War pack (minus Soulstorm). Now I'm debating about the id Superpack. Can anyone who owns this and has played it quite a bit shed any light on how well it holds up? I used to love id's games; however, I'm not sure how well they would run on a widescreen. $35 is such a sweet deal for the ridiculous amount of games in there, assuming they all run well on newer machines.

I'm kind of new to Steam. With that said, I bought Call of Duty 4 from Amazon and installed it to my PC. I clicked "Add a Non-Steam game" and added it to my steam list. How can I get it be recognized as if I downloaded it from Steam?

I entered the key code into "Activate a product on Steam" and it said it was invalid.

epmode

PatzCU said:
Now I'm debating about the id Superpack. Can anyone who owns this and has played it quite a bit shed any light on how well it holds up? I used to love id's games; however, I'm not sure how well they would run on a widescreen. $35 is such a sweet deal for the ridiculous amount of games in there, assuming they all run well on newer machines.
You can edit config files for all of the newer 3D games to have them run in widescreen with the correct aspect ratio so you're covered there. You can even run Doom/Doom 2 in ridiculously high widescreen resolutions with a auncher like jDoom or whatever they use these days. It even adds mouselook if you want. Totally rad.

The older stuff will look like garbage unless you configure your monitor/video card to disable scaling.
striKeVillain! said:
I'm kind of new to Steam. With that said, I bought Call of Duty 4 from Amazon and installed it to my PC. I clicked "Add a Non-Steam game" and added it to my steam list. How can I get it be recognized as if I downloaded it from Steam?

I entered the key code into "Activate a product on Steam" and it said it was invalid.
Only a few non-Valve games allow for this. Someone posted a list earlier.

Volcynika

striKeVillain! said:

Unless it's on the list of games that you can add to Steam and include its functions (which was posted earlier in this thread), that won't work. I add all my executables for games to my Steam list for easy opening though.

Volcynika said:
Unless it's on the list of games that you can add to Steam and include its functions (which was posted earlier in this thread), that won't work. I add all my executables for games to my Steam list for easy opening though.
What page is that list on?

dLMN8R

Kawaii said:
Hm, wtf.

If you get this problem, you need to disable multi-core processing for this game.

Start the game, open task manager, right-click the game process, click "Set affinity", and deselect all cores but 1.

striKeVillain! said:

You're misunderstanding the purpose of "add a non-steam game". You can't leech free bandwidth from Steam by registering any random retail game on the service. There is only a select few that support this:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The only thing that adding other non-Steam games does is allow you to use the in-game overlay to chat with people, and have one convenient launching point for all your games.

PatzCU

epmode said:
You can edit config files for all of the newer 3D games to have them run in widescreen with the correct aspect ratio so you're covered there. You can even run Doom/Doom 2 in ridiculously high widescreen resolutions with a auncher like jDoom or whatever they use these days. It even adds mouselook if you want. Totally rad.

The older stuff will look like garbage unless you configure your monitor/video card to disable scaling.Only a few non-Valve games allow for this. Someone posted a list earlier.

Wow good stuff! So basically, I can run anything from Doom1 and up in widescreen with mouselook? That's incredible, definitely buying this now thanks!

striKeVillain! said:
What page is that list on?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601#which

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:

* Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
* Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
* Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
* GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* Lost Planet: Extreme Conditions CD-keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* NBA 2K9 CD-keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
* RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* Worldwide Soccer Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q

Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.

Note: Only the retail third-party games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other third-party games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

dLMN8R said:
You're misunderstanding the purpose of "add a non-steam game". You can't leech free bandwidth from Steam by registering any random retail game on the service. There is only a select few that support this:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The only thing that adding other non-Steam games does is allow you to use the in-game overlay to chat with people, and have one convenient launching point for all your games.
Alright, at least I have a central hub to launch from. Still getting used to PC gaming (Haven't done it in a long while). Thanks.

epmode

PatzCU said:
Wow good stuff! So basically, I can run anything from Doom1 and up in widescreen with mouselook?
It may take a little work for the older stuff but it should be possible, yeah. Doom will require additional (free) software and some time fiddling with configurations but it's definitely worth the trouble. I'm not sure if there's a similar Hexxen launcher program.

Poigea

xKilltheMx said:
Fuck it.
You win gods of fate, I wont buy Bioshock because i can't even get the demo to run.
What 5 dollars? For Bioshock? Bought!...oh wait Killthem will enjoy this too much - BETTER MAKE SURE THAT It DOESNT WORK ON HIS COMP AND FORCE HIM TO BUY THe PS3 VERSION FOR 121223 MILLION DOLLARS.
/rant

Did you try running it in DX9 mode? It kept crashing for me on start up until I did this, ran perfectly after that.

Thomper

psy18 said:
Ghost Master 2.5$
Yay? Nay?

edit: why the hell am I thinking? bought.
I see you've already bought it, but it's a fun strategy game. Worth the price, definately.
crimsonheadGCN said:
Is Race 07 any good? Tempted to get it since it's $5.
As far as racing games go, this is about as realistic as you can get. The presentation's really nice, fun to play with a steering wheel too, but don't expect it to always be easy. I've enjoyed it so far for $5.

Mr.City

steamdec.jpg

Truespeed

crimsonheadGCN said:
Is Race 07 any good? Tempted to get it since it's $5.

As a
armchair
Formula 1 driver, I can say that this is one of the best racing sims out there. But then, if you have to hesitate about buying it then you probably shouldn't. The demo would have convinced you outright.

Top Bottom