• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale has begun! Update: OVAH.

Volcynika

ProfessorLobo said:
I wouldn't be mad if they didn't say it lasted through January fuckin 2nd. They should have just said it ended on the first.

When did they say it lasted through January 2nd?

The Steam Holiday sale is on now. Until January 2, every game on Steam is available at 10% to 75% off the regular price. Select publisher catalogs such as Ubisoft, THQ, and 2K Games are 25% off. Award-winning titles such as Bioshock and Portal are available for 75% off the regular price. For more information, please visit steamgames.com/holidaysale

As far as I know, until != through. Hell, I would've expected it to end at 12am January 2nd PST. Besides, I'm not sure of your timezone, but the deals didn't actually end until about 12pm-ish for me.

Dedalus said:
As if weekend deals were not awesome enough, this holiday deal has blown everything else away. I have spent more on Steam then I did on anything else this holiday :lol

Sucks ;/ dunno what the problem could be.

Managed to figure it out! Had to check the integrity of the files and now it seems to run fine (only played the intro though). Can't get to work properly with DX10 however.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
calder said:
I bought World in Conflict yesterday, but I doubt I'll play multi. The SP campaign looks interesting enough, and I really don't care to be fresh meat for anyone still playing a RTS a year after release. :lol
No one in the pubs really works together though. I reckon that two or three good team players can dominate a server, even if they were relatively new to the game.

Cheeto said:
Can someone who has me on their friend's list copy/paste the games that I bought since the deal started?

All you have to do is log into Steam, click on "My account" at the homepage and check the most recent purchases.

Volcynika

Cheeto said:
Can someone who has me on their friend's list copy/paste the games that I bought since the deal started?

Cheeto now owns Trials 2 Second Edition.
Cheeto now owns RACE 07, RACE 07 Dedicated Server.
Cheeto now owns Dawn of War Gold, Dawn of War: Dark Crusade, Dawn of War Gold: Winter Assault, Dawn of War: Soulstorm.
Cheeto now owns Rainbow Six Vegas, Rainbow Six Lockdown, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Rainbow Six 3: Gold.
Cheeto now owns Sid Meier's Civilization IV, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword.
Cheeto now owns Unreal II: The Awakening, Unreal Tournament 3, Unreal Tournament 2004, Unreal Tournament, Unreal Gold.
Cheeto now owns TrackMania United.

I think that's it.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
calder said:
I bought World in Conflict yesterday, but I doubt I'll play multi. The SP campaign looks interesting enough, and I really don't care to be fresh meat for anyone still playing a RTS a year after release. :lol

you will be fine after a few games, trust me.

edit: i planned on getting more stuff, i thought it was going to be until midnight :(

Somewhere in the range of 90% of my gaming in the last 6 months (and game purchases, for that matter, in the last 2-3 years) have been in Steam games.

Gah, meant to get Civ IV complete. Kept putting it off since I've got it on disc right here, but it'd be so much more convenient to have on Steam. $25 was such a steal >_<

Twig

Banned
I thought the Enhanced Edition was supposed to fix stability issues. ;_;

Second time The Witcher's randomly crashed on me. Game autosaves pretty frequently so it's not a huge deal, but still.

duffey

Shanks said:
Yeah. Still nothing but black..

I guess my video card isn't up to the task?
Yeah probably. I'd say try updating your drivers for the card but I don't know how much that'll matter with what you have.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Mr.City said:
Bioshock has no sound. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Nope, its fine here. Although it is quiet for some reason, maybe im just going deaf.

Played Defense Grid for 2 hrs before :lol . I suck at TD games but fuck its alot of fun.

Every mission i start off thinking "this is not going to end well", By the end of the mission im ready to jump out of my chair and scream FUCK YEA, Since i somehow pull it off.

Cheeto

Volcynika said:
Cheeto now owns Trials 2 Second Edition.
Cheeto now owns RACE 07, RACE 07 Dedicated Server.
Cheeto now owns Dawn of War Gold, Dawn of War: Dark Crusade, Dawn of War Gold: Winter Assault, Dawn of War: Soulstorm.
Cheeto now owns Rainbow Six Vegas, Rainbow Six Lockdown, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Rainbow Six 3: Gold.
Cheeto now owns Sid Meier's Civilization IV, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword.
Cheeto now owns Unreal II: The Awakening, Unreal Tournament 3, Unreal Tournament 2004, Unreal Tournament, Unreal Gold.
Cheeto now owns TrackMania United.

I think that's it.
Whew, not as bad as I thought.

Proc

I wonder if there is going to be a weekend sale.

When do steam typically launch new games? I'm pretty excited to dl red alert 3.

Volcynika

Proc said:
I wonder if there is going to be a weekend sale.

When do steam typically launch new games? I'm pretty excited to dl red alert 3.

No weekend deal this time. Would've been up around noon PST if there was one.

Cheeto said:

You know you can look by yourselve by looking at Community tab -> Blotter -> my history, right?

Top Bottom