• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bittercup

Is it worth it to get the deluxe edition of Oblivion instead of the normal one? Not a huge price increase.
"Fighter's Stronghold Expansion, Spell Tome Treasures, Vile Lair, Mehrune's Razor and much more"

FloatOn

I know it's too late for some of you guys but both Ducktales and Castle of Illusion are going to be 3.75 a piece on amazon on xmas day.

hold off for now.

Testament of Sherlock Holmes... man I remember 2 E3s ago one of the McElroy brothers going on the Giant Bombcast live and talking about his interview with the very, very French producers of this game, and how they thought the fact that you could play as Sherlock's dog was going to blow everyone's mind...

Omega

Banned
It's like people haven't seen this happen EVERY single day!

There's absolutely no way we can get this through to people that the prices don't change on the main page until a couple minutes in, and that you should wait for the daily deals.

Perhaps if every single person in the thread signed their post with this information?

thread title could just be Steam [event] Sale: Prices Don't Update For 5-10 minutes. Be Patient

but then again, people would probably still freak out

I was on the fence about buying Oblivion, but seeing that Entertainment Weekly, my go to source for gaming information, gave it a 100, I'll take the plunge.

Oblivion is really fun, even with faults. Especially if you hadn't played Skyrim (none the less regarding forward playing, ES II is one of my favorites of all time).

Hubb

Damn Europa 4 didn't get the discount along with CK2. Was really hoping to grab that for 10 dollars. I wonder if that will be a separate daily or flash sale.

Laieon

I think I have finally reach the End of History as far as Steam is concerned. 4th day of the sale, and so far 1 purchase: Legend of Dungeon.

Yeah, same here. Only thing I've purchased is World in Conflict. I'm interested in the Witcher 2, but from what I've seen the combat doesn't really seem like something I'd enjoy.

It's like people haven't seen this happen EVERY single day!

There's absolutely no way we can get this through to people that the prices don't change on the main page until a couple minutes in, and that you should wait for the daily deals.

Perhaps if every single person in the thread signed their post with this information?

I even leave the ones that haven't updated yet as "xx%" off in my overview post, but yeah... nothing seems to help.

It's no one's fault but your own. Every single time, someone complains about the prices before they update.

It's like no one even reads the topic.
hey guys? some of us have jobs and lives that don't allow us to be at the computer right when the new sales go up. this is the first day since the sale started that i was sitting here when they did. so we aren't always up to speed on the absolute latest developments and quirks with how the sale functions. i understand it bloats the thread with needless "omg price error?!" posts, but honestly, it's a pretty benign mistake that resolves itself within minutes. relax.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get why Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition isn't available in my country. I want to buy it, but Valve won't let me :/

Kanokare

Tomb Raider will be 5 dollars on Amazon around the 24th or 25th.

Giving away the Square Enix games I got from that box, I already had them all, and so did my friends, lol.

Hope I've done this okay, first time using ModBot.

Oh wow I won! Thanks :D I woke up 3 minutes before this ended.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Updated
Pf5urYJ.png

rtcn63

if i hate skyrim will i like the witcher 2? how long is the game to complete the main campaign?

Yes. No. The combat system and item usage in The Witcher 2 can be off-putting, it's a very "love it or hate it" game. There is an actual story though.

kulapik

Come on, Rogue Legacy, you could do that 75%.

Also skipping on La Mulana.
Will get it on another sale when I have less backlog

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I know it's too late for some of you guys but both Ducktales and Castle of Illusion are going to be 3.75 a piece on amazon on xmas day.

hold off for now.

I heard about Castle but you sure about Ducktales? ill buy both if thats the case

Damn Europa 4 didn't get the discount along with CK2. Was really hoping to grab that for 10 dollars. I wonder if that will be a separate daily or flash sale.

It's still pretty new, so I don't think Paradox will offer a deep discount.

I grabbed all the remaining CK2 DLC, but for the Sons of Abraham stuff and Sunset Invasion. The former I'll pick up when it goes on sale in the future, but the latter I doubt I ever will.

Kadin

Shadow Warrior.... you had me at, "Laser Guided Trolling" hahahah. Finally get to experience this game. Hope it's as great as the Features trailer makes it out to be!

Dipper145

picked up rogue legacy and max payne 3. damn mp3 is a 27gb download. I might have to wait on installing that.

I knew I should have picked up that square enix box! Tomb raider, and dungeon siege 3 would have been awesome.

Slyjss

Why is 7.50 € the lowest price for Dead Space 2 now? I think I paid 7.50 for both Dead Space 1 and 2 a couple of years ago.

Li Kao

Crusader Kings II DLC collection is tempting.
I have the base game from a bundle but never tried it, there is so much DLC, and at first glance interesting ones at that, that I never had the heart to try it.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Wait 3 days - it will be $5 on Amazon.

I would like to point only the recent reboot of Tomb Raider and and Tomb Raider: Underworld will go on sale at Amazon.

The whole collection, from the first game to Aniversary ignoring the reboot, Guardian of Light, and Underworld are much cheaper right now on Steam. So if you want them all, minus Guardian of the Light, the collection Steam is the better deal.

Vote for Dead Space 2 pls

Okay.

So they give us a steam code we can just give to someone?

After you buy a digital product with a Steam code go to Your Account. Then go to Digital Content. Click on Your Games and Software Library. In there will be a Product Code, if it's Steam that will be the Steam code.

wsippel

Banned
Stupid question: The Borderlands 2 GotY Edition is apparently just a bundle, not a stand alone SKU. But it's cheaper than the DLC I want, and I already own the vanilla version and the Mechromancer pack. What happens when I buy the bundle? Can I gift the stuff I already own?

DTKT

Let's say I trade games for DayZ on Steam. I assume that DayZ is "gifted" to me. Is there any way I'm safe from the buyer demanding a refund or paying with a stolen credit card? Basically, can the game be pulled from my account? Do I get the stuff I traded back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom