• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

sikkinixx

So.. Max Payne 3. I beat it on 360, really enjoyed it. But those unskippable cut scenes made me not wanna play through it again.

On PC is there a mod to skip them? If so...

Maiger

Not sure if I should buy Dragon Age: Origins. I've already played through it once on xbox, but I kinda want to experience the PC version. On the other hand it would mean installing a ton of mods to make it look nice, so I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle..

Orca

Grabbed Max Payne 3 and Shadow Warrior. Starting downloads remotely, wonder if my wife will notice Netflix take a dive in quality lol

JCV

Unconfirmed Member
Is Resident Evil 6 worth buying?

I'm playing it right now, and I'm halfway through the game. It's a decent action game that IMO doesn't really know what it wants to be. It starts off as a poor man's RE4 (Leon's campaign), and then it turns into a not so bad TPS in Chris's campaign. Don't know what to expect in the other two campaigns. The chapters kind of drag on for too long though, so if you want to complete it you'll be playing for close to 25-30 hours. Also, the dialogue in Leon's campaign is some of the cheesiest shit I've seen in all my years of gaming.

It's worth a try if you have some spare bucks.

On my side, I'm thinking about getting Rogue Legacy and Shadow Warrior (which looks batshit insane. Didn't even know about the game before today).

Gvaz

Banned
ME3 was garbage and I skipped the dlc other than the one with the prothean guy. Ending was garbage. "Fixed" ending wasn't better.

I'm asking about MP3+DLC for $7

Xanathus

Pardon if it's already been answered, but is Enhanced Steam not showing the lowest/historical lowest prices on the store page for anyone else?

After you buy a digital product with a Steam code go to Your Account. Then go to Digital Content. Click on Your Games and Software Library. In there will be a Product Code, if it's Steam that will be the Steam code.
Sweet

I'd like to gift someone, but I'd rather use the Amazon deal on the 24th to get the code.
What if resident evil 6 is going to be on steam sale regardless if it were picked or not
That is a not a "what if". It will be on sale regardless.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this Ducktales trailer with the theme song is hitting me right in the nostalgia, must resist >_<

mileS

I'm happy that RE6 got replaced by DmC; I just wish I could vote for it! I've been wanting to play it for so long.

I know. Sad thing is it seemed like DmC went on sale quite a bit, until I actually REALLY wanted it for a change.

Changing the vote like that and not letting us re-vote is lame. I'd like to know if my RE6 vote counts for DmC.

Honestly though, this just pisses me off because I know DmC has 0 chance of winning a vote against dead space (COOL SPACE HELMET) or Walking Dead, something that has been on sale at least 3 times every single steam sale. And lets face it, its bound to be a fucking daily again so why even have it in the vote.

gngf123

All keys are for Origin. No tears, only Origin now.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Space -- MB-13E928086AEA089D - Taken by OldAsUrSock. 2 entrants total.
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3: Uprising -- MB-9BDD3532B1B4C6FE
Mirror's Edge -- MB-0574D42A685CEFED - Taken by Melhisedek. 4 entrants total.
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-F152C9B658B46A73 - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
Medal of Honor -- MB-8E73D660B8B30D67 - Taken by Se7enSword
Dead Space 3 -- MB-19E615A2B08093C7 - Taken by Haunted. 1 entrants total.
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- MB-578616B93FBCDF77 - Taken by gumby_trucker. 1 entrants total.
Populous -- MB-30950A5EB4CE1D22 - Taken by Ezalc. 1 entrants total.

t1387737735z1.png

Pretty sure they all work, I apologize if I'm wrong.

Xanathus

It just takes time sometimes.

I've left it for some time and the other enhanced steam elements are showing up. I guess the database where it gets the data from is down. Can someone tell me what's the lowest the Steam-enabled Rogue Legacy has been? I'm aware that the no DRM version has been lower.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Just bought Ducktales Remastered and thinking of Antichamber, that's a certain buy really isn't it?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Still no crate drops in CS:GO. I've been playing in Valve servers that should be VAC enabled.

So yeah... so much for that "make your money back" spiel. It's kinda funny I can get weapon dupes at the drop of a hat (hurr hurr) in TF2 but not here.

hohoXD123

Here's some more...couldn't resist at that price for Deponia :)
Thank you for binding of Isaac!

A giveaway for a giveaway seems fair:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Populous -- MB-193C5B5DCCBCC25C - Taken by Qrusher14242. 4 entrants total.
9.03m -- MB-CCE77217EC9FD2FD - Taken by alr1ght. 9 entrants total.
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-71B6BE73208FEA52 - Taken by jhawk6. 3 entrants total.
Little Inferno -- MB-8FF18C964F716389 - Taken by Danielsan. 4 entrants total.

t1387737825z1.png
Populous is Origin (BEWARE!), and I'm not too sure if Little Inferno has been redeemed or not so apologies in advance if it has.

Gvaz

Banned
The fact that the ME3 DLC rarely, if ever, goes on sale, and the fact that it's on Origin are two huge black marks against it. Even if I wanted to play the vanilla game (which I don't, after the fanbase debacle), I wouldn't shell $50+ dollars for all the DLC.

Go with vanilla.

Yeah it looks like the dlc is all multiplayer, which I never touch anyways. Thanks!

RS4-

I've left it for some time and the other enhanced steam elements are showing up. I guess the database where it gets the data from is down. Can someone tell me what's the lowest the Steam-enabled Rogue Legacy has been? I'm aware that the no DRM version has been lower.

5.09 a few weeks ago apparently.

Could be wrong, but 4.99 is the cheapest from what I remember for Steam

Still no crate drops in CS:GO. I've been playing in Valve servers that should be VAC enabled.

So yeah... so much for that "make your money back" spiel. It's kinda funny I can get weapon dupes at the drop of a hat (hurr hurr) in TF2 but not here.
The timer is pretty long in csgo. Like many hours. If they were so common why would the price be so high on the market?

The timer is pretty long in csgo. Like many hours. If they were so common why would the price be so high on the market?

Indeed.

I'm thinking of buying a copy when GMG gets more keys in (seriously, $3) and just letting it idle on a server for a few weeks. I'd likely make money back and then some.

Divius

No, it's nothing like Dark Souls in the ways that matter.
I was about to click Purchase but you stopped me dead in my tracks. What exactly do you mean? Why not?

Was "make your money back" really the reason you picked up CSGO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom