• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone down for a damned 4 pack? Might be able to get it for even cheaper if i figure how to gift 4 packs from russia. I need 1-2 copies for myself and possibly a friend. The game is a 5 player co op horror game. One person is a monster. No weapons at all.

Maybe. Let me take a quick look.

Edit: It looks kind of cool, but it's sort of a bummer that it's online only -- the game will have to be popular or at least impress enough people to have a steady user base so it's not something you can play 1 or 2 times if you like it and then not be able to find enough people to play with.

How cheap are we talking?

rrs

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL

Two copies of Rise of the Triad, one is everyone's favorite rat related game. Enjoy! (again)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

NeoGAF's Favorite Game, Bad Rats -- MB-4ED95E45F787B504
I heard you like Bad Rats -- MB-701EDAF93958360B
Hi, I'm Jonny Knoxville and this is Bad Rats -- MB-86D2E6F1253F9F29

t1388038299z1.png

Dec

Before I head off to sleep I wanted to ask again real fast if anyone knows if Wanderlust: Rebirth is any good as a coop game?

Really cheap and seems potentially cool to play with my SO.

Deadstar

Before I head off to sleep I wanted to ask again real fast if anyone knows if Wanderlust: Rebirth is any good as a coop game?

Really cheap and seems potentially cool to play with my SO.

In my opinion it's only playable with a coop partner. I started it up with a friend one night and we ended up playing for many hours. It's awesome.

Anyone down for a damned 4 pack? Might be able to get it for even cheaper if i figure how to gift 4 packs from russia. I need 1-2 copies for myself and possibly a friend. The game is a 5 player co op horror game. One person is a monster. No weapons at all.

I'm down.

Dec

In my opinion it's only playable with a coop partner. I started it up with a friend one night and we ended up playing for many hours. It's awesome.

Great I'll grab it tomorrow, I've never seen anyone recommend it so I wanted to make sure it wasn't complete poop. Thanks a lot.

maneil99

Maybe. Let me take a quick look.

Edit: It looks kind of cool, but it's sort of a bummer that it's online only -- the game will have to be popular or at least impress enough people to have a steady user base so it's not something you can play 1 or 2 times if you like it and then not be able to find enough people to play with.

How cheap are we talking?
My friends offline thats from russia. I know the base game is 6$. Im assuming a 4 pack will be 16$. So 4$ each.

kevin1025

Banned
It's not much. But it totally is.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Hexagon -- MB-115F5E0CF958FF48 - Taken by Qrusher14242

Random-ass reminder: you can get the Tisn't the Season achievement in Constume Quest today! Just load up the game before Christmas Day is over.

Caerith

Random-ass reminder: you can get the Tisn't the Season achievement in Constume Quest today! Just load up the game before Christmas Day is over.
You can also get Christmas Shopping in Psychonauts today by making a purchase at the camp store.

Also, if you're playing Arkham City, be sure to talk to Calendar Man.

Edit:

Cave Story+ has Merry Holiday Happy Euphemism for playing today or yesterday (if you're in the future; today or tomorrow if you're in the past).

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
thecharr I just sent a PM to ModBot hoping Santa puts Bad Rats in the stocking.

I need to experience the greatness that is Bad Rats and hopefully Santa/ModBot delivers.

Finished Tomb Raider 2k13.

Game is good. I simultaneously don't understand and understand the hate.
-The gunfights are easy but I enjoyed being a one woman wrecking crew. The setpieces towards the end are awesome.
-The hunting/survival aspects feel like the designers gave up/were rushed. All of the medkit stashes and animal hides probably would have been important in another version of the game.
-I really like the way Lara controls. Moving and jumping around feels so right.
-Could have done without the optional tombs and collectibles.
-Many aspects feel like missed opportunities. If I was as critical as I used to be I'd tear this game apart picking out all the details.
-All in all...10 hours of disposable entertainment..that's good enough for me. If I paid more for the game and/or was a serious Tomb Raider fan I'd be disappointed. Still, I can't say this game is anything close to bad.

Gallery updated with the last of my TR shots(SPOILERS). I'm done with the game forever.

Tempted to go back to New Vegas. I've gone through all of the DLC except Lonesome Road. I should rectify that and maybe shoot for one of the endings.

Finished Tomb Raider 2k13.

Game is good. I simultaneously don't understand and understand the hate.
-The gunfights are easy but I enjoyed being a one woman wrecking crew. The setpieces towards the end are awesome.
-The hunting/survival aspects feel like the designers gave up/were rushed. All of the medkit stashes and animal hides probably would have been important in another version of the game.
-I really like the way Lara controls. Moving and jumping around feels so right.
-Could have done without the optional tombs and collectibles.
-Many aspects feel like missed opportunities. If I was as critical as I used to be I'd tear this game apart picking out all the details.
-All in all...10 hours of disposable entertainment..that's good enough for me. If I paid more for the game and/or was a serious Tomb Raider fan I'd be disappointed. Still, I can't say this game is anything close to bad.

But, is it fun? :)

I'm wrestling with that right now. I'm at the start of what looks to be Chapter 18 of 24. So...kinda near the end. Feel like I'm playing it to finish it at this point. She only just recently took on a role of wrecking crew (think she finally yells something to that effect, too). I guess there is payoff near and at the end of the game, but, it was hours of watching her get her ass kicked.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
As people are talking Damned, some quick phone impressions of Damned.

5-players online. 4 play as humans, 1 plays as a monsters. Humans go around, try and find keys and open doors and find an escape route from the facility, while avoiding the monster. The monster hunts the players down and kills all of them.

Currently 5 levels and 2 monsters. One monster is in an 'invisible mode', where it can quickly travel around the map and set traps (things that make noise, but can only set limited amount at one time), but can't see humans in this mode. He can turn visible, but for only a limited time, to hunt and kill human players. The other is a phantom, who is always in visible mode and most traps are set automatically, but he cannot see players unless he is right on too of them or if they make noise, and only for two or so seconds. More monsters to come.

It's fun, but some things definitely need fixing and more content needed, but can be a lot of fun. Have had a lot of fun with friends, and have earned a reputation among friends as the person you don't want to be the monster. I will troll people and stand behind them for a while until they turn around, or stare at them through a window, or suddenly pop up in front of them and run right at them and the dissappear, and just toy around with my prey if I uncover where they are.

Short of it; I've had a lot of fun in it, but still needs a lot of work. Not bad at sale price but know it is early access with reason here.

As people are talking Damned, some quick phone impressions of Damned.

5-players online. 4 play as humans, 1 plays as a monsters. Humans go around, try and find keys and open doors and find an escape route from the facility, while avoiding the monster. The monster hunts the players down and kills all of them.

Currently 5 levels and 2 monsters. One monster is in an 'invisible mode', where it can quickly travel around the map and set traps (things that make noise, but can only set limited amount at one time), but can't see humans in this mode. He can turn visible, but for only a limited time, to hunt and kill human players. The other is a phantom, who is always in visible mode and most traps are set automatically, but he cannot see players unless he is right on too of them or if they make noise, and only for two or so seconds. More monsters to come.

It's fun, but some things definitely need fixing and more content needed, but can be a lot of fun. Have had a lot of fun with friends, and have earned a reputation among friends as the person you don't want to be the monster. I will troll people and stand behind them for a while until they turn around, or stare at them through a window, or suddenly pop up in front of them and run right at them and the dissappear, and just you around with my prey if I uncover where they are.

I just picked it up myself. Seems like a good time with friends. Sent you a BFF request on Steam.

What's funny is that the few that I've added to my Steam friends list all have 1 thing in common. 1 thing; JaseC. They all want to be on his friends list so when that Family Sharing things happens they can play every game on Steam. I know it you sly devils.

Razorskin

----- ------
ModBot said:
Instructions for Razorskin:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Torchlight -- MB-10B4BB10AE64F177 - Taken by Im a Manatee
The Chaos Engine -- MB-FDA8FDB257581D90 - Taken by O.DOGG
Magicka: Wizard Wars -- MB-5FD948AD3181514B - Taken by Deques
Shank 2 -- MB-3887CC4B451A8D6E - Taken by kevin1025
Awesomenauts -- MB-945D6C1346AB3C37 - Taken by ArynCrinn
War of the Vikings Yogscast Helmet -- MB-52EDD16CFB40B0AF - Taken by Henry Swanson
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare -- MB-28D9F15911776040 - Taken by Santini
Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed -- MB-3D9B994E7702796A - Taken by GK86
Napoleon: Total War -- MB-CB88C0434F1E2759 - Taken by ramoisdead
Honeydew Skin of Sklldir -- MB-C790282842B70A8B - Taken by Casimir
Garry's Mod -- MB-4A0BA0D46DFC97DF - Taken by Sullichin

jb6jrLG.jpg

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Shhhh, Jase added me, I have been away since people started doing friending here in the topic a couple days ago and so just been accepting invites (though you all feel free to add me).

zkylon

zkylewd
just got home after walking 40 blocks with 39°c outside

so wish y'all boys and girls happy holidays, I'm off to go lie down somewhere and drop dead lol

hope you get some good gifts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom