• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erekiddo

20 years ago, I would be in my parents room pestering them at 12:01am asking to open presents.

Now I'm selling Steam cards all night.

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Lyonaz

Merry Christmas NeoGAF Steamjunkies!

So I bought all Pinball FX2 tables, except Doctor Strange and Ms. SPlosion Man, which I can't add to cart. MSM even had a 100% discount, I guess an error.

So what to buy now?

eyeless

here's my list of games i bought so far in the sale that was it in the middle of that sentence the whole list

i've got a good feeling about tomorrow though nah i'm fucking you

Kadin

Time to see if I did this right... nothing spectacular but it's my First ModBot post! :D
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Hexagon -- MB-C60E8411C554ABA4 - Taken by Saty
Super Hexagon #2 -- MB-C9F6A5AD2107FE70 - Taken by drgambit
Super Hexagon #3 -- MB-D048C773A1072345 - Taken by Luap

Jawmuncher

That's the difference. You don't live in an EU country

Guess it depends some store I try to buy from lump Afganistan with Europe.
(Also I don't live here i'm just here on business)

I think it looks like a Princess Maker, but really it's more of a strategy game. I'll just quote the top-rated review on the game's page:

Because this sums it up pretty well without me saying something pithy like "it's the Dark Souls of video games."

Yep that reviews sums it up perfectly. I'm playing it right now and having a blast.
For anyone who read that reviews and thinks they like the idea go ahead and grab it.
If still unsure grab the demo from the actual store page.

Umi88

Merry Christmas SteamGAF :p !

not much but someone surely will enjoy it ^^ (hope I did it right too, 1st time using gift as a source for modbot..) :

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Hexagon -- MB-014ECCA26F69B382 - Taken by Lobogris. 2 entrants total.

t1387960225z1.png

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Merry christmas :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Applesauce:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

System Shock 2 -- MB-D39DA6548A290047 - Taken by mileS. 18 entrants total.

t1387969990z1.png

My list so far:

Super Hexagon**
Surgeon Simulator
Necrovision*
Overlord + Raising Hell*
Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time*
Papers, Please
Hacker Evolution: Untold*
Far Cry 3 - Deluxe
EVE Online: Starter Pack
The Stanley Parable
Wizardry 6, 7, and 8
Bioshock Infinite
Populous (On Origin)*
RPG Maker VX Ace

RPG Maker: Modern Music Mega-Pack
RPG Maker: Old School Modern Resource Pack
RPG Maker: DS+ Resource Pack
RPG Maker: Mythos Horror Resource Pack
RPG Maker: Survival Horror Music Pack
RPG Maker: Zombie Survival Graphic Pack
RPG Maker: The Nothing Battles Music Pack
RPG Maker: Cinematic Soundtrack Music Pack
RPG Maker: Modern Day Tiles Resource Pack
RPG Maker: High Fantasy Main Party Pack 1
RPG Maker: Arabian Nights
RPG Maker: Egyptian Myth Battlers
RPG Maker: DS Resource Pack
RPG Maker: Samurai Resource Pack
RPG Maker: Futuristic Tiles Resource Pack
RPG Maker: The Blackheart Power Music Pack
RPG Maker: High Fantasy 2 Resource Pack

* Won from this thread
**Gifted to me by someone on my Steam FS
Just have to add Long Live the Queen and Don't Starve to the list and I'll be done for this sale. :)

Can I get me a free Super Hexagon? What do I need to do? I'm new to this :(

I just realized this was made by the same guy who did VVVVVV, which I absolutely adored. Crazy to pass it up for 30 cents, but I can't remember my Steam password and I can't recover it on time since I'm away from computer.

Jawmuncher

Takedown is getting a content patch after the holidays as thanks for supporting the game and sticking with them over the past few months.

fbb0a0d03bbf5919e518e660060d76ca_large.jpg

c6e0f32ec2f645bb63d25b71b6ea1f41_large.jpg

New Map: The Hold
Map Relight: Radar Storm
New Firefight Variants: Radar Station
New Weapon Set: The AG-A3
Mod Tools
Better look control on the 360 controller for the PC..

Video preview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YSinL3Rx68

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...7?at=-_POST_TOKEN_-&ref=backer_project_update

Why is there a Trex there?
Do I need to buy this?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

I just realized this was made by the same guy who did VVVVVV, which I absolutely adored. Crazy to pass it up for 30 cents, but I can't remember my Steam password and I can't recover it on time since I'm away from computer.
Well someone can buy it and hold it for you while u get the account back.

feel

Sure, PM me your steam email

My list so far:

Super Hexagon**
Surgeon Simulator
Necrovision*
Overlord + Raising Hell*
Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time*
Papers, Please
Hacker Evolution: Untold*
Far Cry 3 - Deluxe
EVE Online: Starter Pack
The Stanley Parable
Wizardry 6, 7, and 8
Bioshock Infinite
Populous (On Origin)*
RPG Maker VX Ace

RPG Maker: Modern Music Mega-Pack
RPG Maker: Old School Modern Resource Pack
RPG Maker: DS+ Resource Pack
RPG Maker: Mythos Horror Resource Pack
RPG Maker: Survival Horror Music Pack
RPG Maker: Zombie Survival Graphic Pack
RPG Maker: The Nothing Battles Music Pack
RPG Maker: Cinematic Soundtrack Music Pack
RPG Maker: Modern Day Tiles Resource Pack
RPG Maker: High Fantasy Main Party Pack 1
RPG Maker: Arabian Nights
RPG Maker: Egyptian Myth Battlers
RPG Maker: DS Resource Pack
RPG Maker: Samurai Resource Pack
RPG Maker: Futuristic Tiles Resource Pack
RPG Maker: The Blackheart Power Music Pack
RPG Maker: High Fantasy 2 Resource Pack

* Won from this thread
**Gifted to me by someone on my Steam FS
Just have to add Long Live the Queen and Don't Starve to the list and I'll be done for this sale. :)

Someone is a RPG Maker fan. ;)

I wanna try out RPG Maker so I'm gonna download the VX Ace Lite version for free. Is it still a complete game or is it just a small trial version? I've always wanted to try making my own RPG but even with the sale the full version is a little pricey...

I'm new to Steam (only got it to get Civ and Don't Starve) ... can someone tell me what's the benefit to getting the Trine 2: Complete Story 3-Pack? You get 2 copies to send to friends but I only have one friend I think might like the game and he feels like he has too many right now anyway so he didn't want to look at it. Sooo I gotz no steam friends to gift the extras to if I buy that pack.

Anything else I can do with them?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
You probably won't survive long enough to make your own threads if you continue to deliberately come into other threads and post off topic because you need research done.

This was literally the first time I did it and the last. Why does everyone get on my case for this? I understand I'm a new guy here so there are some things that I don't know but I all wanted to do was create some hype and people just shrugged me off and gave me a bad vibe. Yes yes its still off topic but I just did a post or two and wanted to thank someone for answering me and I get scoffed off because of saying thank you? Really now.

What were the previous games (along with super hexagon) for voting?

Kentucky Route Zero and Long live the Queen. I can't remember the discounts though.

This was literally the first time I did it and the last. Why does everyone get on my case for this? I understand I'm a new guy here so there are some things that I don't know but I all wanted to do was create some hype and people just shrugged me off and gave me a bad vibe. Yes yes its still off topic but I just did a post or two and wanted to thank someone for answering me and I get scoffed off because of saying thank you? Really now.

You aren't doing yourself any favors by arguing in this thread. Coming into a topic and then posting about something totally unrelated is not really something you can blame on being a Junior. If you want to participate in the conversations here about the Steam Sale then by all means go ahead but if you are going to keep derailing the thread, please leave.

Divius

Ah yes that's right, thanks. I voted KR0.

I'm new to Steam (only got it to get Civ and Don't Starve) ... can someone tell me what's the benefit to getting the Trine 2: Complete Story 3-Pack? You get 2 copies to send to friends but I only have one friend I think might like the game and he feels like he has too many right now anyway so he didn't want to look at it. Sooo I gotz no steam friends to gift the extras to if I buy that pack.

Anything else I can do with them?
Give them away on GAF, save them until you have friends that want to play, or only buy a single copy.

What makes you think it's ok to deliberately derail the thread?

You can also get Christmas Shopping in Psychonauts today by making a purchase at the camp store.

Also, if you're playing Arkham City, be sure to talk to Calendar Man.

Edit:

Cave Story+ has Merry Holiday Happy Euphemism for playing today or yesterday (if you're in the future; today or tomorrow if you're in the past).

You're a bastard. ;)
Stop giving me games to play. :p
Psychonauts/Costume Quest/Arkham City handled.
Now to check into Cave Story+ in the morning.

Thanks for the heads up.

Rise of the Triad
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
FEZ
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
Bulletstorm
Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition
Risk of Rain
FTL: Faster Than Light
Monaco
Resident Evil 6
Mirror's Edge
Surgeon Simulator 2013
DmC: Devil may Cry
Legend of Dungeon
Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
Bionic Commando
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Ultimate Edition
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
Contagion
The Stanley Parable
Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition
Miasmata
Bionic Commando: ReArmed
Super Meat Boy
Battlefield 2

All this, and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance thanks to digital holiday sales.

My backlog is now in shambles, and there's still another 9 days for the Steam Holiday Sale.

I'm boned.

Nice haul.
Better get crackin' -- cause when Raiden shows up, he does NOT go into your backlog. You drop what your playing and focus on him... OR YOU GET CUT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom