• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadin

Hexagon developer:
7Z8v5m0.jpg
Hahahah! That's classic...

Lain

Trying to get the Psychonauts Christmas achievement made me learn that the game seems to not have subtitles and that, well... makes it sorta unplayable for me.

Played through the first world of Castle of Illusion.

First thing that stuck out is that I really hope more songs from the original are in this re-imagining. What's there sounds so good.

Game seems good so far.

Another game goes into the "BOUGHT" pile: Call of Juarez Gunslinger.

KarmaCow

Trying to get the Psychonauts Christmas achievement made me learn that the game seems to not have subtitles and that, well... makes it sorta unplayable for me.

What do you mean, Psychonauts definitely has subtitles. It's under Sound in the Options menu.

So, it's already -75% and will be -80%. Dat 5% extra sale was worth voting.

You can buy Super Hexagon with those savings!

Played through the first world of Castle of Illusion.

First thing that stuck out is that I really hope more songs from the original are in this re-imagining. What's there sounds so good.

Game seems good so far.

Another game goes into the "BOUGHT" pile: Call of Juarez Gunslinger.

how floaty are the controls? that's what turned me off in the giantbomb quicklook.

Benedict

Sega has a nice pack on amazon as well:

For $9.99

Sega Fun Pack includes the following -

Renegade Ops
Renegade Ops Coldstrike Campaign
Renegade Ops Reinforcement Pack
The Cave
Jet Set Radio
Nights in Dreams
Hell Yeah
Hell Yeah! Pimp my Rabbit
Hell Yeah! Virtual Rabbit Missions

Mairu

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Bard's Tale -- MB-ADCDA3E03117603E - Taken by Jables Swan
extra key from humble bundle

There was one. At the beginning.

There are always a few unlucky souls that wish for sales not knowing they actually missed them. I think it's easier to just let them think there never was a sale.

I'm looking forward to firing it up soon though, papers please is one game I simply had to have in my library, I think I'll be showing it to my kids (when they're born that it).

I have a question for players of Metro the last light, more specifically how much did the DLC enhance your experience? The sale on Amazon is tempting but then seeing the season pass is $5 I'm not sure if I really want to spend that much. I'm pretty much thinking I'll wait till it's on sale in the future as 'logically' I've got enough out of this sale so far.

Eanan

Is the current super hexagon price the cheapest a full game has ever been on steam (apart from free and misprices also)? Don't think I've seen cheaper.

how floaty are the controls? that's what turned me off in the giantbomb quicklook.

I didn't notice anything problematic. The controls/mechanics aren't anything to write home about, but for the world I played I didn't have any problems landing on platforms, bouncing off of enemies, and all that other stuff.

Damn that AMD reward bundle looks good. Shame I own every game on it except Saints Row 4 and Thief.

tmespe

Hexagon developer:
7Z8v5m0.jpg
Or you can get it for free right here!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-EA20190D7F627B60 - Taken by sapsari

I didn't remember the circumstances of The Fez creator's "retirement", I just remember him bitching about he was being robbed or something during one of the Steam sales.

Copons

Holy shit how much you wrote on christmas eve night!

Would you plz
1) write less
2) hexagon won lolololo
3) stop posting lightning raffles while I sleep
4) stop posting 3-hrs raffles while I sleep
5) have a happy christmas or whatever you celebrate over there?

Also: I just woke up on my second day of the traditional three days xmas binge marathon. I'm already stuffed and I don't go to the toilet since the day before yesterday. In 3-4 hours there will be the xmas lunch and if I don't go before that, I'm probably gonna die.
Hope my gf will be happy then, cause she will be able to finally play my games via family sharing instead of being kicked out, like, always ("but I thought you were in office" "well yeah, I'm in the office playing hexagon").
Anyway, my point is: do you know some super efficient traditional/granma remedy to constipation?

#totallyThreadRelatedStuff

My experience with it wasn't that bad. I am the type that hates floaty platformers and it didn't bother me. It's no meat boy but it also doesn't expect that kind of precision.

I just saw the first boss battle during the giantbomb quicklook and he had a hard time timing his jumps to get out of the way because of the delayed input response.

So you didn't have any trouble with bosses?

I just saw the first boss battle during the giantbomb quicklook and he had a hard time timing his jumps to get out of the way because of the delayed input response.

So you didn't have any trouble with bosses?

Really? Maybe it was because the quicklook was from an earlier version of the game. IIRC Castle of Illusion PC was originally locked at 30 fps but was fixed in a patch. I imagine the pre-patch version would have some serious timing issues.

That said, I had no problems with the first boss.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't remember the circumstances of The Fez creator's "retirement", I just remember him bitching about he was being robbed or something during one of the Steam sales.

He was happy with the results. It was later that he got upset. Phil Fish (and Jonathan Blow of Braid fame) got upset about constantly being queired by game journalists for every minor news bit about the upcoming consoles. Blow posted some thoughts and left it at that. Fish got into a twitter argument with Marcus Beer, who was admittedly not professional, and then decided to announce the cancellation of Fez 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom